Wife lives like in 19th Century Thailand

Pravda

10 hours ago, petermik said:

Too much thinking clouds the brain....if she,s happy to do it leave her be....my guess is she could have issues about the way you live your life....think about it :thumbsup:

It's not a guess really... I know she thinks I am retarted simply for being born Farang. 

2 hours ago, Toscano said:

LOL !!! Join the club !!! My wife has 2 bachelor degrees and is head teacher of a school , but old habits die hard . My wife , daughter and grandchildren like to eat excremental food , sitting on the floor , usually in a doorway so no one can pass . There is a well known saying among foreign husbands here " You can get the monkeys out of the jungle , but you can't get the jungle out of the monkeys ". 

Why did you marry her ?

You sound like a racist pig.

• Like 1

Dont be so nieve. This is Thailand. Everyone outside of Bangkok sit on a mat outside, buy thier food from the market and eat with thier hands. Its normal its their culture. I am supprised you are so ignorant about it?

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Dont be so nieve. This is Thailand. Everyone outside of Bangkok sit on a mat outside, buy thier food from the market and eat with thier hands. Its normal its their culture. I am supprised you are so ignorant about it?

Surprised on this forum?  Tis you who are naive. 

8 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Think about it.....They grew up sitting in the floor in school & at home....They go to the temple, they sit in the floor for the service then eat clustered around in groups sitting on the floor.....They were raised that way.....

My wife is uni educated, worked in management for a large international corporation for 17 years.....We travel to the states a few months a year & never a miss cue.....

We have a nice formal dining room that has a nice teak table we bought, seats 12 = never used.....

On weekends, we (4) usually eat a breakfast together at the kitchen table - but - every night they have dinner in front of the TV watching some inane Thai program.....

There are 4 easy chairs & a coffee table in that room; but they move the coffee table out of the way, plop down on the floor in the middle of the easy chairs with their food & dishes just as happy as can be.....

I don't think there anything unusual about sitting on the floor to eat, my wife and her family are middle class with a couple of doctors, lawyer and teachers, here in Sattahip all preferably as stated above will sit on the floor in a circle given the chance,and most are well travelled to western countries, not so the men i might add!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jimn said:

Pardon, dont be such a d***h**d. What made you come out with that sanctimonious comment.

I made the comment reference your post, " I am supprised you are so ignorant about it?"  

Anyone who is surprised about ignorance on this (Farang Pub) forum is truly naive.  

Edited by marcusarelus

13 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I made the comment reference your post, " I am supprised you are so ignorant about it?"  

Anyone who is surprised about ignorance on this (Farang Pub) forum is truly naive.  

I dont get your logic. So you are saying I am ignorant of the fact that there are so many nieve posters on here. Which I stated the OP was. If thats what you are saying fair enough, but ignorant or nieve I certainly am not. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

4 hours ago, gilo said:

You have a beautiful garden. I think sitting at the table al fresco having dinner or a sundowner cocktail in that environment would be really most pleasant (subject to heat/mossies)

Plus my morning wake-up tea as it gets light. The garden is her obsession really. Spends about three hours a day watering it while dreaming of the rainy season arriving.

32 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Great, another thread about my rich hiso double degreed PhD doctor wife. But she still acts like a an early cave woman and she wasn't a hooker. 

....there are hookers in Thailand? OMG who knew LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, inThailand said:

Great, another thread about my rich hiso double degreed PhD doctor wife. But she still acts like a an early cave woman and she wasn't a hooker. 

Thai women who have a job in Thailand are Hiso?

PLs change u username inBar

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:21 AM, Pravda said:

still eats her 50 baht street food and eats on the floor.

What's wrong with the 50bht foods????? I prefer eating in those little shops next to the roads where many peoples come. Mostly we can eat and have 2 bottles of water or coke included for 80-150 bht/2 persons.

And eating on the floor is still common in some families or parts of Thailand.

My ex Isaan gf's family Always did eat on the floor even they had a nice big table.

My now gf's family Always eat at the table but they prefer to sleep on the floor. My gf too. At her home or in her condo she sleep on the floor but when i am around she never complain about the comfy bed. :giggle:

4 minutes ago, Foexie said:

What's wrong with the 50bht foods????? I prefer eating in those little shops next to the roads where many peoples come. Mostly we can eat and have 2 bottles of water or coke included for 80-150 bht/2 persons.

Nothing. As a matter of fact I just got me 20b pad thai 40b fried rolls and a platter of cut fruit for another 20b.

I think I'm gonna make a thread about it just to offset that other terrible Taco Bell thread.

My rant is more like she will never change. I take her to 5 star hotels, with a nice lounge or a dinner afterwards and she'll skip it all together and just go to the soi market near the hotel :)

On 2/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, elgenon said:

Just wondering- does she expect expensive gifts and gold and diamonds? Does she contribute to joint finances and purchases?

Do you make a similar amount of money? have significant savings? contribute to joint finances and purchases?

Good question.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, elgenon said:

Just wondering- does she expect expensive gifts and gold and diamonds? Does she contribute to joint finances and purchases?

Do you make a similar amount of money? have significant savings? contribute to joint finances and purchases?

My Thai wife contributes to joint finances and purchases and makes a bit more than I do and has property and status which I don't.  My three Western wives did not.  From that 3 to 1 ratio I could generalize as to the virtue of Western women as opposed to Thai women but the truth is I chose poorly 3 times and wisely once. 

• Like 1