Info on Bangkok Bank Confirming Incoming Monthly Foreign Transfers

Any fee associated with getting this letter? 

Heck, I think I will go ask for one....see if it shows ACH, Transferwise, SWIFT, etc., transfers....just any type of transfer originating from outside Thailand regarding of transfer system used.  I have not done any SWIFT transfers but have done ACH and Transferwise transfers over the last 12 months.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

Heck, I think I will go ask for one....see if it shows ACH, Transferwise, SWIFT, etc., transfers....just any type of transfer originating from outside Thailand regarding of transfer system used.  I have not done any SWIFT transfers but have done ACH and Transferwise transfers over the last 12 months.

Look forward to your report - believe all your transferwise have been listed as foreign so real test will be someone with both to see if they are all reported or not.  

Look forward to your report - believe all your transferwise have been listed as foreign so real test will be someone with both to see if they are all reported or not.  
any filtered report will ignore the local coded transfers. I guess for yet another bung a bank report could be written to include all Transferwise transfers also
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The real test will be if Immigration accepts it, no?

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I just finished looking at my Bangkok Bank account and I do have one "ACH" transfer and multiple Transferwsie transfers over the last 12 months.   On my Bangkok Bank account they all appear as international transfers.  Yeap, I'm going to go ask for one of those printouts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

I just finished looking at my Bangkok Bank account and I do have one "ACH" transfer and multiple Transferwsie transfers over the last 12 months.   On my Bangkok Bank account they all appear as international transfers.  Yeap, I'm going to go ask for one of those printouts. 

TW can vary, even at BKB - though more likely coded international from BKB. 

But the letter ...

3 hours ago, sam6345 said:

1. This type of statement/Letter is called an "International Inwards Funds Transfer / Foreign inward Remittance" letter together with credit advice.

If the Credit-Advice for each xfer is included, it might show any TW transfers routed through another Thai bank as "really international."  Just a guess, though - I would not count on this yet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sam6345 said:

This type of statement/Letter is called an "International Inwards Funds Transfer / Foreign inward Remittance" letter together with credit advice.

It would be great if anyone has any experience with this "statement/letter":

Is it "official"? (I have BBL Credit Advice/Receipts for my transfers, it clearly says at the bottom that "This is a computer generated advice. No authorization signature is required.")

Is this all we might need?

Can we get this statement/letter the day before our application date?

Perhaps it is an official (signed/stamped) cover letter, with all of the credit advice/receipts for the period attached? I suspect there will be a fee for this letter, but for me, so far, the Credit Advice/Receipts have been free of charge.

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

Once again I was immediately told I must go to my home branch to get the letter.

Always been the case that account services like manager's letter or new passbook  have to be done at home branch. At least you're not in a different province. 

It would be great if anyone has any experience with this "statement/letter":

Is it "official"? (I have BBL Credit Advice/Receipts for my transfers, it clearly says at the bottom that "This is a computer generated advice. No authorization signature is required.")

Is this all we might need?

Can we get this statement/letter the day before our application date?

Perhaps it is an official (signed/stamped) cover letter, with all of the credit advice/receipts for the period attached? I suspect there will be a fee for this letter, but for me, so far, the Credit Advice/Receipts have been free of charge.

I don't know (nor did I ask If there is a fee for this remittance letter) but the Bangkok Bank fee schedule says a "statement" covering a 6 to 24 month period costs Bt200.
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pib said:

I will not be in the area of my home branch for a couple more weeks....so I'll report bank after that visit.  Maybe someone else whose Bangkok Bank branch is is close by can give it an attempt.   And this is one more example of how some things can only be done at your home branch...at least for Bangkok Bank.

Thanks Pib... Obviously many folks, myself included, have been wondering how these new flavor of bank letters documenting monthly foreign xfers are going to work.

The home branch issue you encountered in interesting re that... Especially considering that in the past, the branches in the basement of the CW government complex (Krungsri for sure, and I believe at least some others) would provide the regular bank deposit letters, even if yr account was based in a different branch.

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
22 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:
Always been the case that account services like manager's letter or new passbook  have to be done at home branch. At least you're not in a different province. 

i wonder how easy it is to change home branch

You must open an account at the new branch.  They do not transfer your current account to another branch "unless a branch closes permanently."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thanks Pib... Obviously many folks, myself included, have been wondering how these new flavor of bank letters documenting monthly foreign xfers are going to work.

The home branch issue you encountered in interesting re that... Especially considering that in the past, the branches in the basement of the CW government complex (Krungsri for sure, and I believe at least some others) would provide the regular bank deposit letters, even if yr account was based in a different branch.

Yea, but that bank letter thing is just different.  All the bank letter does is confirms you have an account at Bankgok Bank and it currently has X-amount in it.  It does not talk seasoning or anything.  It's a short and sweet letter.

Edited by Pib

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
27 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

i wonder how easy it is to change home branch

Close your existing account, then open a new account at another branch of your choice.

22 hours ago, Pib said:

Nope the letter combined with all 12 months worth of Credit Advices are all 100% free of charge I know because I get them both printed out once a month the day after each of my monthly international wire transfers posts to my SCB account.  I do it once a month the same day I update my pass book the day after my International wire transfers post to my SCB account.  Swift code transfers done manually over the phone with your bank in your home country every month are the only guaranteed way that I know of to ensure that your Thai bank can verify that your monthly wire transfers are coming from your home country.  I’m sure there are other ways but swift transfers are best.  

Beware of apps like transfer wise and other gimmicks that promise you a better exchange rate.  I think it’s best just to make the monthly wire transfers manually over the phone with your bank in your home country.  That’s the safest way at least maybe not the only way.  

Edited by Jim7777

14 minutes ago, flbkk said:

I bank at Krungsri. They said all overseas transfers such as Ttansferwise go thru Bangkok Bank, therefore show as domestic. I want to 2nd floor main office BB Silom Road, International Department, Krungsri gave me the transaction numbers. BB printed letter confirming it was international, immigration accepted it. 

So having read this and the other posts, am I to assume that immigration will not accept printed receipts of monthly exchange of GBP to THB and transfer to my Kasikorn bank account, using something like Transferwise, because as it goes through Bangkok Bank, it shows as a local transfer on my Kasokorn bank statement?  So I now have to go to my Kasikorn Branch, get the transaction numbers for all the transfers, then travel to Bangkok to go to the BB International Department?  That's a pain.  Maybe I should open a BB account, I assume then the transfers will show as international? 

23 hours ago, Pib said:

Small fee but what about Visa Credit Card Statements in addition to Bank statements

7 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Maybe I should open a BB account, I assume then the transfers will show as international? 

Not too sure about that mikosan, because Bangkok bank have what they call a branch in London, but it is really an account number and my pension is paid into this and they then convert it to baht and send it to my branch here in Phuket.

Unfortunately it does not show as an international funds transfer, so if you are using the London Bangkok bank facility, get them to send it in pounds for it to be converted here into baht and then it will show as an international transfer.........the only problem being that the fees at both ends are high!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Small fee but what about Visa Credit Card Statements in addition to Bank statements

Wouldn't know....you would need to ask your bank.  If you are referring to statements relating to your foreign Visa card because you doing counter withdrawals, well, that is not an international transfer into your Thai bank account because you first do a withdrawal just to get cash and then a second transaction to deposit those funds into your Thai bank account. It's kinda combo transaction but really two separate transaction....both seen as domestic transactions.

So having read this and the other posts, am I to assume that immigration will not accept printed receipts of monthly exchange of GBP to THB and transfer to my Kasikorn bank account, using something like Transferwise, because as it goes through Bangkok Bank, it shows as a local transfer on my Kasokorn bank statement?  So I now have to go to my Kasikorn Branch, get the transaction numbers for all the transfers, then travel to Bangkok to go to the BB International Department?  That's a pain.  Maybe I should open a BB account, I assume then the transfers will show as international? 
Kasikorn has an Intl desk upstairs in Pattaya Klang branch, maybe go in and ask them. They printed out the swift credit advices for me
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikosan said:

I opened a BB account last month for this reason. I plan on doing a 400,000 deposit in the bank for my next extension, but thereafter may go to the monthly income method again. I'll be monitoring my statements for the next year or so to see how it goes.

14 hours ago, mikosan said:

I didn't want to but looks like i will have to open a Bangkok bank acount too. I use the 800k method but i still want the 65k a month option as a back up.

22 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I've always been able to get a new passbook at any BB branch in Kalasin even though my home branch remains Pattaya for the account. Also bank letter confirming balance there for 3 months at Sakon Nakhon main branch. If this income letter confirming monthly transfers has to come from Pattaya and has to be less than 3 days old that will be a problem when my IO is at Sakon Nakhon, especially as this IO want to see a movement on the day of application.

Also wondering how using the service offered by BB for transfers from UK will show. The service is that you transfer online within the UK from UK bank to BBL London in GBP quoting your Thai BBL account number, they for a £10 fee then credit your Thai account with them at the exchange rate of the day. No BBL London account needed. Always shows with the code "auto" in passbook and online. IO at Sakon Nakhon have never questioned this so far, just want to see the correct balance is there for the correct period