Scamming At Immigration

I was informed that it has to be Bt. 65,000 every month NOT AVERAGE, " and certification has to come from my country ".

I dont think an IO would say that ref income method for someone from the 3/4 countries who now need to show its arrived in Thailand from abroad.

The OP needs to do a follow up post explaining more ..

But assuming its genuine there are going to be many many stories about shocks non Thai Visa readers get in next few months. The bickering can be entertaining or annoying in turn but a skim through occasionally sensible. 

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The requirement has always been 65,000 baht per month.

ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU
No. 327/2557

Section 2.22

Yes but it was never you had to transfer 65k over, up to the end of last year you could "Prove" to your Embassy you had an income of 65K per month and use the letter provided by them to prove it to immigration.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Spoke to a friend today who just completed his extension through a seasoning agent. He was told in a couple of days he wouldn't be able to do the same and time will tell but the next time if possible at all it would cost a lot more.

Sorry agents cant raise prices because their if their customers were rich they would not need agents now would they? 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

that 800k agent service will stop nationwide as of today for the new rules kick in.

wbr

roobaa01

Maybe we will see a more improved streamlined service under the desk,

now the agents have been cut out of the loot. :whistling:

Er, Why?

I've lived here since 03, did'nt join this forum until 2011.

And that was purely to use the classifieds.

Now several years later i've been sucked into posting over 4000 times.

There is more to life than just TV.

And it's certainly not a badge of honour for a Thai expat to contribute or be a member of this forum.

I arrived in 1998, never joined till 2014.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Yes but it was never you had to transfer 65k over, up to the end of last year you could "Prove" to your Embassy you had an income of 65K per month and use the letter provided by them to prove it to immigration.

That still doesn't change the fact it has always been 65K per month.

Again the assumption by Immigration is that you were transferring those funds as living expenses.

In the future I'm of the opinion that Immigration could ask for supporting evidence of income transfers when producing Embassy income letters, or could cease accepting them altogether.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Not every expat uses Thaivisa, many do not even know of it's existence, and most people who are aware of the forum have much better things to do with their lives than post here.

Many don't know that Thailand has an Immigration Act, or Immigration have rules regarding foreigners.

It's a 50/50, phone a friend, or ask the audience at the bar, when they have an issue.

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That would have only left him 600K to spend in the 6 month period.

Yes, but what I understand from the OP, he's retired and should get some sort of pension from his government?

35 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Why didn't you just deposit 800,000 baht of that 1.4 mill into a fixed deposit for 3 months, that would satisfy immigration. I've been using that method for 9 years without any problems.

Correct. It's not like no one saw these issues coming. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

So the 4 embassies were just fine issuing the income letter for the past 20 years...And then with-in weeks they all decided hey we were pretty stupid for the last 20 years issuing a income letter we can not verify.....Never mind it says right on the letter they are only notarizing a statement...

There is a 99.9% chance that it was Thai immigration that was the force behind stopping the letters.....And thats a fact.....

"There is a 99.9% chance that it was Thai immigration that was the force behind stopping the letters.....And thats a fact.....".

No, it's not, a "chance", regardless of your guessed percentage, definitely is not a "fact". 

If what you claimed was true then every Embassy would have had to stop issuing the letters and Immigration would no longer accept them.  As it is Immigration have stated that if your Embassy still issues the letters you have to use them.

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Being unaware of Thaivisa does not make them clueless!

No, but where else have you got access to the laws, regulations, Police orders and more at the click of a mouse that affect you as a foreigner in Thailand.

• Like 2

It is simply a Thai scam. I will leave before I let 800000 rot in a Thai bank at .5%.

I think if the OP seasons his account at more than 800,000 baht for 3 months is it?... (and now 2 months afterwards)....  he will then meet the requirements... 

So.. OP - for how many months have you had more than 800,000 baht in your account?...   It may be possible to fly out and do a visa run or apply for a tourist Vientiane etc while you bide your time seasoning 800,000 baht in your account. 

Unless of course I'm missing something. 

EDIT: And by the way, Embassies stopping the affirmation on Income has nothing to do with the Thai's - its to do with the Embassies themselves being unable to accurately affirm the claims made on income without a great deal of effort, thus opening them up to incorrect statements. Too many people were making false claims which could not be accurately verified opening the Embassy up to criticism of flawed affirmations. 

Sent from my SM-T713 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That still doesn't change the fact it has always been 65K per month.

Again the assumption by Immigration is that you were transferring those funds as living expenses.

In the future I'm of the opinion that Immigration could ask for supporting evidence of income transfers when producing Embassy income letters, or could cease accepting them altogether.

This is exactly right, in the past people were getting the letter for the monthly income from their Embassy but not necessarily transferring it to Thailand, some because they didn't need that much to live on, some because the net amount wasn't 65k a month and some because they falsely declared that income.

The 4 Embassies that have so far stopped issuing the letters were, without doubt, told by TI that going forward we need you to verify the income, not just write a letter saying this person says he gets xxK per month income based on a statement, or on supplied documentation that can be forged / altered / manufactured from the applicant, we need you to do some checks, the Embassies then took the route of stopping issuing. as the work involved / resources needed were more than they can spare / afford / or perhaps even be bothered to do.

I personally think that those who can still get the letter from their Embassy might find it isn't going to be as simple as just that, the Embassies may require far more concrete evidence for them to make the verification and TI may well do further checks to prove that 65K is indeed being transferred here each and every month.

• Like 1

No laday because it is a scam between immigration officials and the scam artist outside.

I thought they were showing some leeway for this year as people wouldn't have known they had to transfer 65k per month until at least October last year (when the Embassies announced they weren't doing Income letters anymore) & in reality until December/January when the 65k per month rule was officially announced.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2