Video: "Cool" armed robber steals 4 million baht of gold from Big C in Bangkok

webfact

Video: "Cool" armed robber steals 4 million baht of gold from Big C in Bangkok

6.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CCTV footage obtained by Daily News showed a gold shop robber in a wig and facial mask coolly spend three minutes stealing 200 baht weight in gold from a shop in Big C, Rama IV, Bangkok. 

The robbery, that happened at the Aurora shop, was worth 4 million baht. 

Thong Lor police sources said that the robber placed a gun in a bag on the counter and after pretending that he wanted to legitimately buy gold he threatened the staff. 

He was cool and quiet and many passers-by knew nothing of the robber and what he was doing. 

After the terrified staff complied with his request to fill a bag he walked out and got on a motorcycle taxi to the Queen Sirikit Convention Center. 

Police said he had spent 30 minutes in Big C prior to the robbery late yesterday afternoon. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-08

why do gold shops don't have fence or a security guard??? 
here i thought only ladies was gold diggers... [emoji848]
I was thinking of that many times when I pass by a gold shop if they have guns under the counter.
Seems to be too easy to rob them.
Probably nowadays the most rewarding robbery.
Even Thai banks handling much more cash than western banks there are some security procedures I would guess.
European banks now mostly have less than 2.000 Euro in cash available. Anything else is time locked or in the ATM.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said he had spent 30 minutes in Big C prior to the robbery late yesterday afternoon. 

So they have CCTV footage of him/her before the robbery presumably not wearing a wig or mask?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So they have CCTV footage of him/her before the robbery presumably not wearing a wig or mask?

And somebody was watching, and focussing the CCTV (and caoughing)  as he was doing the robbery.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1