Retirement visa refused in Chiang Mai

29 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

He used a Passbook as proof of income and that does not guarantee being coded as from a foreign source because all transactions go through HQ to your local account, often showing as 'domestic' transfers.

He should acquire bank statements, that could have shown his transactions as 'International'.

Yes, but he also stated he had a letter from the bank stating FTT but this does not make a difference to them. Just validates the account basically.

Quote:  Yes the payments coming in Bangkok bank under FTT, the letter of the bank even explained what FTT means Foreign Telegraphic Transfers. But why would someone do that and not get the statements when it is commonly known it is required. And I can see the bank not thinking more out of the box, but in reality they do these doc requests all the time and should know to say: Hey what about he statements? Everyone else gets them.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

so the law is not the same for each/every immigration office in Thailand?

In theory it's the same, but there is no top-down enforcement to make offices follow the law and published-rules, so they make up whatever suits their "corruption-money maximizing" and/or "avoidance of work" schemes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

All transfers go through the HQ of the bank, so there is a transfer from the HQ to your local branch.

I don't think so.

They would not be transferred since they are not in an another account yet. As soon as they are changed to baht they are then credited to your account. 

I think you confusing how it is done it when another Thai bank receives the transfer and it is transferred to your account.

38 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The request by TI was according to the British Embassy, to 'verify' the incomes.

That would mean 'authenticating' the document and it's contents as genuine, which could only be confirmed by the person or organisation that issued the document in the first instance.

What I find amazing Jim, is that after these 4 Embassies ceased the service, TI introduced an amendment to existing orders stating Embassy Income letters only need to be 'certified' by the Embassy.

That's a massive U-turn, or perhaps they didn't understand the difference between an Apple and a Pear beforehand.

I don't quite see the massive U-turn between:  certify, verify, and authenticate. In the world of semantics, the lexicon of the US Consulates only says "authenticate," which I can only conclude, to the head scratching consulate, encompasses certify and verify.

So, TI tells the 4 head scratching embassies that they no longer need to "authenticate." Instead, they now  need to "certify."

HUH!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think so.

They would not be transferred since they are not in an another account yet. As soon as they are changed to baht they are then credited to your account. 

I think you confusing how it is done it when another Thai bank receives the transfer and it is transferred to your account.

No confusion Joe.

If you transfer from your foreign bank to Kasikorn (as an example)

The payment is received by the HQ.

The HQ is the only branch having a SWIFT code, branches do not.

HQ transfer it to your local branch (identified by coding of the account number).

The passbook only records a 'local' deposit, because the source isn't forwarded to the branch.

The bank statement however will code that transfer as 'International.

Bangkok bank however appear to be the only Thai bank who tag these foreign transactions so the they are coded as FTT in a Passbook. Other Thai banks do not.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Bangkok bank however appear to be the only Thai bank who tag these foreign transactions so the they are coded as FTT in a Passbook. Other Thai banks do not.

Isn't this because the foreign transfer goes to Bangkok Bank HQ first, then to the 'local bank'. If the 'local bank' is not a BKK bank, the transfer would be coded as a local transfer?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I believe he wanted to know about the Immigration Official, but thanks for that!

Oh okay I miss understood but I specifically made that part gender neutral because in my opinion it is not important it was only an observation. It might not have made any difference.

8 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So, TI tells the 4 head scratching embassies that they no longer need to "authenticate." Instead, they now  need to "certify."

HUH!

Yep, you got it.

'Verification' is authenticating a document and it's contents as genuine.

'Certification' is merely witnessing and signing a statement or document.

When you submit copies of your documents to TI for an extension, your required to sign those documents.

You are 'self certifying' by your signature they are a copy of the original document.

Other Embassies continue to issue Income letters for TI, by certifying (signing) a statement they have viewed documents of xxxxxx showing an income of xxxxxx.

If TI had remained consistent with their demand of 'verification', ever Embassy would have now ceased the service.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Isn't this because the foreign transfer goes to Bangkok Bank HQ first, then to the 'local bank'. If the 'local bank' is not a BKK bank, the transfer would be coded as a local transfer?

I think your confusing it with Transferwise type transactions.

I was talking about foreign bank to Thai bank transfers, but yes, they still all go through the HQ to your local branch.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

He used a Passbook as proof of income and that does not guarantee being coded as from a foreign source because all transactions go through HQ to your local account, often showing as 'domestic' transfers.

He should acquire bank statements, that could have shown his transactions as 'International'.

Hi as I explained that Bangkok Bank in the letter for immigration stated that the code in passbook FTT means Foreign Telegraphic Transfer. I can't get it any clearer. I also said that I have at least 2 years of those transfers in my passbook.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, molen02 said:

Hi as I explained that Bangkok Bank in the letter for immigration stated that the code in passbook FTT means Foreign Telegraphic Transfer. I can't get it any clearer. I also said that I have at least 2 years of those transfers in my passbook.

Perhaps CM didn't understand the significance of 'FTT' in your passbook.

BKK bank statements will show these transactions as 'International'.

Providing you can supply 12 months statements proving regular monthly 'overseas' transfers, you should try reapplying.

Has your 600K also been deposited for the required 3 month seasoning period.

Edited by Tanoshi

My pension comes direct from my government to the Bangkok Bank and are coded BTN - Bahtnet, next time I do my 90 day I'll find out if this acceptable as an overseas transfer. at my Immigration Office.

23 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

When I set up my account with Bangkok Bank I was given the swift code for that branch and as far as I can see it is going the same day that it leaves Australia in to my bank account here.

7 minutes ago, molen02 said:

If they were really interested in "the truth" you would have received your extension with that bank-book evidence, plus more than enough "money in the bank" seasoned for the combo-method.  They seem to have another agenda.  

9 minutes ago, Chassa said:

My pension comes direct from my government to the Bangkok Bank and are coded BTN - Bahtnet, next time I do my 90 day I'll find out if this acceptable as an overseas transfer. at my Immigration Office.

It flummoxed my IO, the first time they saw 'BAHTNET' on a bank statement.

They contacted BKK to confirm it was an overseas transfer.

On request, BKK can also issue a Confirmation letter of International Funds Transfers, in addition to bank statements.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, molen02 said:

Oh okay I miss understood but I specifically made that part gender neutral because in my opinion it is not important it was only an observation. It might not have made any difference.

A lot of the IO's down there are quite different in character. I have probably been through most all of them even now some many moved up the ranks.

Put it at like this for the hint: Hell have no fury like a ----- Scorned. . 

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If they were really interested in "the truth" you would have received your extension with that bank-book evidence, plus more than enough "money in the bank" seasoned for the combo-method.  They seem to have another agenda.  

"They seem to have another agenda"  WHAT, in your opinion would that be?  You have no idea what transpired during this alleged refusal of an extension unless you are claiming to have been accompanying "molen02"   

• Like 1

It flummoxed my IO, the first they saw 'BAHTNET' on a bank statement.

They contacted BKK to confirm it was an overseas transfer.

On request, BKK can also issue a Confirmation letter of International Funds Transfers, in addition to bank statements.

Glad to see you're Isaan too, sometimes I wonder about Government/ Bank employees here

9 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

They did not use the so called leniency in my case.

39 minutes ago, molen02 said:

There seems to be an opinion that female IOs are tougher to deal with. I don't share it, I always thought they worked more efficiently.

Edited by jacko45k

There's only about 4/5 offices served by an agent.

That's hardly all foreigners.

If you're in Issan it's pointless making comments on a thread about a Chiang Mai problem.

Especially as English doesn't appear to be your first language.

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

A lot of the IO's down there are quite different in character. I have probably been through most all of them even now some many moved up the ranks.

Put it at like this for the hint: Hell have no fury like a ----- Scorned. . 

Yes mate I know that. It would be interesting in about 3 months when apply for 90 day non O if they going to make my live difficult? I will make sure that I will have for 2 months 800.000 baht in the account before I apply so they won't have any excuse and that my TM 30 is okay. But for now I'm flying to Sydney on Friday getting away from this horrible air, going to Sydney for fresh air is a contradiction in terms, and for 1 month I can forget about CM immigration.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, molen02 said:

Okay I will get a 60 day tourist visa and start all over again. Is that possible?

21 hours ago, molen02 said:

Do you know what is required as far as paperwork to do the first 90 day non O visa.

I'm renting a house so i assume that my TM30 would be still valid when I come back

Why not get a 90 day visa as you need to have the 800,000 in for 3 months before then 3 months after which then reduces to 400,000

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

If you're in Issan it's pointless making comments on a thread about a Chiang Mai problem.

Especially as English doesn't appear to be your first language.

It's a public forum, I can comment wherever I wish.

Would I trust the integrity of man who advises showing Immigration proof of overseas payments on a Phone App, who on the example he shows paid 10 baht for a mini statement, when you can print 6 months of transactions for free   :cheesy:

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's a public forum, I can comment wherever I wish.

Would I trust the integrity of man who advises showing Immigration proof of overseas payments on a Phone App, who on the example he shows paid 10 baht for a mini statement, when you can print 6 months of transactions for free   :cheesy:

I'm not so poor that I have to worry about 10bht.

I guess that's why you're on the farm in Issan.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2