Drunk and mangled big biker: I wanna go home - I've got no money

webfact

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And rent a large bike rather than a smaller one at about 150 baht.day. 

Drunk riding a machine like that, lucky just to break a leg!

If you are going to drink, don't rent a vehicle at all. 

I don't understand why people are so selfish, besides risking accidents, they do risk the lives of other people as well. Those people didn't ask him to get drunk and drive whatever on wheels with a motor.

• Like 1

They will rent any bike to any rider, add alchol to someone who prob doesnt drink much and may have never ridden a bike, let alone a 650.

You have to a special kind of drunk stupid to drive into the back of a stopped vehicle.

zero sympathy here. Just deal with it he should be happy it wasnt a pedestrian he hit.

I have seen the inside of Thai jails, he wouldnt like it.....even with 2 good legs

Edited by Captain 776
  • Like 1

6 Billion people on the planet, and growing

OK, so some travel without any money.  Should we persecute them?

OK, some want a better life and some fun with no money.  

OK, some aren't 100% prepared.......you were prepared during your life?

OK, they thought it wouldn't happen to them.......

OK, they ask for help

OK, they drove drunk.... you never did that even once?  

Luckily he didn't kill anyone.  If we get mad at him, when will you stop getting mad?  Jail and fine for driving drunk, blacklisted, and if caught driving drunk again maybe years in jail.  But I'm not going to lecture this guy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SammyT said:

Enough money to get drunk though?

No doubt plenty of suckers will donate to the GoFundMe page his family inevitably sets up...

Once he recovered make him do work in the hospital morgue until his bills are paid. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

...and who owns much of Sukhumvit in Bangkok say from soi 11 upwards? Especially around 33 Thonglor/Ekamai etc. 

He is probably third or fourth or higher generation Thai of Indian descent. Speaks fluent Thai and knows all the right people as he went to school with them.

And who owns? If you think its indians that are the actual owners then go check again.
He probably also knows all the right people, thats why he moans about not having enough money to even pay a hospital bill. And who you went to school with counts as much as who you stood next to at 7-11 last night.

• Confused 1

The girlfriend of the Indian said they were waiting at the lights when they were hit with force from behind - an impact that shunted them to the side of the road. 

Who Indian what Indian? The copied  n paste article on TV did not say anything about the nationality of both drivers.

But:

A search on 'Manish Jalhotra' , searchresult: he is Indian.

and the original article on Sanook says 'อายุ 38 ปี สัญชาติอินเดีย ' , yep he is the Indian one and girlfriend sat with him.

5 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Definitely not covered by any insurance policy in the world. And he was drunk too ! 

Even if not drunk..

I have insurance, full healthcare cover with dental and travel insurance except road related accidents.

Many (expat) insurance have in their policy they don't cover that.

Not a real thing tough, because in Thai you have insurance for the motorbike everywhere. Plus it starts with the basic compulsory goverment insurance, which covers hospital but not your bike. And if it is your fault, not the other vehicle too. Anything extra cover you can add on your vehicle insurance package.

Rgds,

6 hours ago, Myran said:

Absolute gutter trash. One could wish he would get a lengthy prison sentence in a Thai prison and then be banned for life, but that's likely way too much to hope for.

While I don't disagree with your characterization, I can't help but recall the hundreds of times I've seen good ol' (English speaking) boys climb down from their barstools in Thailand and onto their scooters after bidding farewell to all their drunk buddies at the bar- who will soon follow suit.  I wonder how many of them are dissing this guy?

• Like 1

Bangkok Bank has good insurance and they pay for motorbike accidents.

I took the 150,000 bhat policy and when I was hit, the hospital called the number on the card in about 20 mins, it was approved.

it was small money for that policy.

They also have a 300,000 and may have more.

When this current one is due to renew, I will up to the300,000.

My wife fell down, in hospital 2 days, same deal........hospital called them, quickly approved and paid........Good Customer Service.

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

...and who owns much of Sukhumvit in Bangkok say from soi 11 upwards? Especially around 33 Thonglor/Ekamai etc. 

He is probably third or fourth or higher generation Thai of Indian descent. Speaks fluent Thai and knows all the right people as he went to school with them.

You forgot Nana Plaza