Retirement extension monthly income succesful (Jomtien)

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Anyone faking things could come up with something that would look authentic.  "Go home and get it" would translate to"go home and fake one" for a dishonest applicant.

This is only a hurdle to molest the honest.  the rules.

Hmm. That would be a rather serious case of criminal fraud. I guess you think, like Thai immigration apparently does, that a high percentage of the retired expats here are hardened criminals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Your post was not so hard to understand.

I suggest you try to read and understand the entry and exit dates I reported from my pp. Then count the days.

If you leave the country before 90 days then you do not have to do 90 report. But as been stated 90 day rport and extension of stay are to different things.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bangkoken said:

Yes, they are. The countdown starts on the date you arrive in Thailand.

Agreed. The countdown starts on the day you arrive in Thailand, or from the the date of your 90 day report. If you leave the country before your 90 day report date, then it starts from the date you arrive back in Thailand. It is completely independant of your 1 year extension.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Agreed. The countdown starts on the day you arrive in Thailand, or from the the date of your 90 day report. If you leave the country before your 90 day report date, then it starts from the date you arrive back in Thailand. It is completely independant of your 1 year extension.

I was under the impression the FIRST time extension was also  regarded as being a 90 day report. 

13 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Is that so?

Let's have a look at my pp:

Entry Dec 15/2016 - extension done March 02/2017 - Exit May 10/2017.

Entry Dec 10/2017 - extension done March 07/2018 - Exit June 01/2018.

No 90-days-reports done in this periods.

The few other ins and outs don't count because there was no stay more then 90 days.

My pp was issued in 2016. The 3 years before it was about the same as 2016-2018.

How come?

you should have done 90 day reports on 15th march unless it was you first extension, or your immigration office choose to do the 90 day as part of you extension, and you should have done a 90 day report  around the time of your extension in march 2018, unless your immigration office choose to do the 90 day as part of you extension, if so you are lucky not all offices allow this, just accept some offices are different, and do not follow the required rules.

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Yes........and no.

Phuket immigration automatically reset your 90 day report date from when you come in to do a yearly extension.

15 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

"I did my 90-day report in person Wednesday after getting my passport back"

You did not have to do a 90-day-report. The countdown starts new from the day you got the extension.

Maybe you are lucky and the IO does both but you are and exception. My office never has allowed this. Or is it just coincidence. 

• Like 1

If you showed the monthly inflow to your Thai bank why would they want to see a similar inflow to your home country bank?

What if all you are doing is funding the inflow to your Thai bank from savings domiciled in your home country?

Edited by Cabradelmar

2 minutes ago, keithcresswell said:

I made the mistake of believing the 90 days started from the Visa extension date and got fined for overstaying.

You were fined for late reporting not oversaying. The fines are not the same. The standard fine for late reporting is 2,000 baht and the maximum is 5,000 baht. Overstaying is 500 baht a day up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

If you showed the monthly inflow to your Thai bank why would they want to see a similar inflow to your home country bank?

What if all you are doing is funding the inflow to your Thai bank from savings domiciled in your home country?

It seems to me that if you receive a regular pension/income you may use the "at least 65.000 monthly income method", but if you have savings in your home country they would prefer 800.000 of those to be put in Thai banks which would allow you to use the easier "800.000 in the bank" method.

• Confused 1

Did my 90 day at Kohn Kaen on Monday AM. All good, easy with Laughing Boy.

Then I produced a spreadsheet, indicating multiple deposits. My visa is 'til late June, and I thought I'd do some groundwork. FAIL

Notably Feb 19  & Mar 19 complying with the new 65k rule.

But alas, on 2 months (Oct & Dec) I had 'insufficient' transfers.

The yearly total exceeded 800 000.

But Laughing Boy was adamant it was no good!

Hoops & hurdles. 

Pineapple inserted, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You were fined for late reporting not oversaying. The fines are not the same. The standard fine for late reporting is 2,000 baht and the maximum is 5,000 baht. Overstaying is 500 baht a day up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.

Hi Urbonjoe,  I will try for my 1st retirement extension later in the year using the 800,000 Baht route. The money has been in the bank for almost 10 years. Will I need to prove this money came from abroad, or is that only needed when using the monthly income route.

This is written BEFORE I seek my retirement extension in May (using UK Embassy letter in December.)  We are so lucky being attached to the Jomtien office.  I went in last week for a multi re-entry permit.  Despite the electronic ticket thing not working I was out in 20 minutes.  This desk seems a lot quicker than normal; I saw no sign of the useless female who merely stares at her phone all day - which might explain my comment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

"I did my 90-day report in person Wednesday after getting my passport back"

You did not have to do a 90-day-report. The countdown starts new from the day you got the extension.

I don't think so, I did my extension last year on 28 march for date 04 April and my 90 day's on 22 of April like on paper before.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mirage said:

Will I need to prove this money came from abroad, or is that only needed when using the monthly income route.

Proof the 800k baht came from abroad is not required to apply for an extension of stay.

19 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

One of the reasons I live in the Philiipines. I would also qualify for Thailand. But every time I visit my friends in Bangkok and Pattaya I only hear problems, hassles and kind of a new anti expat sentiment with the Thai immigration and government over the past few years. Otherwise I really like Thailand. But not with these requirements and conditions. Here in the Philippines I feel more welcomed.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

So your friends  that you visit in Thailand are always griping about feeling unwanted and  all the hassles they have to go thru for immigration----yet they are still here not living with you in the Phillippines.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peterh123 said:

Yes, Kasikorn (happens to be my bank) uses specific codes which identifies foreign incoming transactions.  

I personally think that you had the misfortune to encounter a particularly dense IO on this occasion. Either that, or Jomtien have decided to enter the 2019 "Rogue Immigration Office Of The Year" contest (where they will, of course, face stiff competition from Samui, Phuket and even Chaengwattana judging from recent reports on here)!

Certainly the requirement to provide evidence of your pension strikes me as completely unnecessary and superfluous, bearing in mind that I was under the impression that the 3 crucial criteria for monthly retirement transfers were that (1) they each had to amount to at least 65k, (2) they had to be of foreign provenance, and (3) at least 1 such transfer should be credited to your Thai account each calendar month.

In connection with (3), it is, indeed, reassuring to learn that you were allowed some discretion on this particular occasion - although it would, of course, be unwise to assume that this would always be the case in future.

I can only assume that the reasons why you were asked to update your passbook on your application date and return with it in 3 months time were that the officer with whom you dealt was unable to get it into her thick head that you were renewing on the basis of 65k per month rather than 800k in the bank. As in the case of pension evidence they are both IMHO completely unnecessary and superfluous requirements in your case.

However, in regard to the "guarantee statement" (by which I assume you mean the standard 800k-style bank confirmation letter) at least, she does appear to be correct. The OP of the following thread also had this requirement sprung on him at Chiang Mai:-

So your friends  that you visit in Thailand are always griping about feeling unwanted and  all the hassles they have to go thru for immigration----yet they are still here not living with you in the Phillippines.
Yes you are right. Some of them are really henpecked guys who are under strict scrutiny of their Thai Lady. So they have given up to move on. And for most of them it's too late anyway. They bought a house and have one or two kids. So it's also a money matter. But for me still amazing how these guys have changed over the years. Some I knew already when we lived in Sweden. Now living in Thailand they let a Thai Lady take over their lives completely. Some of them are even went living in the stone age up in the province. Because the missis commands it.
So that means Thailand for ever and forget the Philippines. Actually I feel sorry for them. Especially with these visa rules changing all the time.

MABUHAY Philippines :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

Some of them are even went living in the stone age up in the province. Because the missis commands it.

Or because they are happy to get out of the rat-race, and into the country.  Some of us always preferred rural settings, but had to endure cities to have a decent job.  To each their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My (farang) wife and I renewed our retirement extensions at Jomtien yesterday.

Previously we have always done this as stand alone extensions, with 800,000 each. This year we went for joint marriage extension - only 400,000 each, or in this case, only one 800,000 in her name. No problems, but we were told by the bank (scb) that we must go to immigration on the same day as the letter is issued. Also, a. notice at immigration that a limited number of queue places would be issued, and only in the afternoon.

My wife was given a notice to read and asked to sign an undertaking to return in three months and show an updated bank book for the 400,000 that must stay in the account.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Grusa said:

My wife was given a notice to read and asked to sign an undertaking to return in three months and show an updated bank book for the 400,000 that must stay in the account.

Really ? that's  new I went last week and was given the "overstay" form and yet another one "confirming my address" but nothing about having to show bank book again...I will of course keep over 400,000 in until they stamp my extension...

maybe its because you are both foreigners ?????

2 hours ago, johng said:

Really ? that's  new I went last week and was given the "overstay" form and yet another one "confirming my address" but nothing about having to show bank book again...I will of course keep over 400,000 in until they stamp my extension...

maybe its because you are both foreigners ?????

No, they had the forms in a sort of filing system (disorganised heap) . read this and sign, sign this other - signed copy to you, original in the file. It states the date, 3 months, to show the statement.  I will post a photo shortly.

• Like 1

No, they had the forms in a sort of filing system (disorganised heap) . read this and sign, sign this other - signed copy to you, original in the file. It states the date, 3 months, to show the statement.  I will post a photo shortly.

Ok thanks...please do post the photo...will be interesting to see what it says.