Brit teens left for dead on snake-infested island after being ripped off by Thai conmen

webfact

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rattlesnake infested island !!! Must have been a freaking long boat trip to find an island with rattlesnakes on it ????????

for the geography-challenged, because there are no rattlesnakes in Thailand.

And what makes an "infestation"? Weren't there any scary spiders? Sharks? Rabid dogs? Yeah, that's it. They forgot to mention that the island was infested with rabid dogs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rattlesnake infested island !!! Must have been a freaking long boat trip to find an island with rattlesnakes on it ????????

Where on earth does the report or The Sun article mention any rattle snakes?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I have been to many deserted or uninhabited islands around Thailand and I am always looking for snakes having been an amature herpetologist my entire life. I cannot recal ever seeing a snake on any of them ever. I’ve seen the odd banded seasnake while spearfishing around some of them but that’s it! These story has most certainly been exaggerated for effect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

when they were approached by three men offering a snorkelling tour in the seaside resort of Hua Hin.

and they just trusted that the men were legitimate!!!!!!!!

Such has been warned of for decades. Lonely Planet books always had warnings, but perhaps they just didn't bother doing any research.

There are plenty of legitimate companies offering such, and the extra cost is worth it for just such reasons.