Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Many of the ones who can still obtain a L.o.I. from their embassy, aren't at all. 

Please not say like that. Karma is in power here. Besides personally I believe Immigration will demand stricter process from the embassies regarding future income verifications.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm more worried about the blatant racism Thailand shows towards white people.

What are you on about?

If anything, it is the black folk that are unashamedly discriminated upon over here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I believe Immigration will demand stricter process from the embassies regarding future income verifications.

Possibly, they didn't do with their last amendments, but maybe with their next ones. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

It is best if readers remain calm and understand that the changes are still under discussion and review by the ministry.

Readers are again reminded that Thailand is one of the most popular destinations in the world with visitor numbers increasing year over year. Because of the immense popularity of Thailand, there are some bad people who seek to exploit the welcoming and open position of Thailand. As the hard working and acclaimed Lt. General Surachate Hakparn stated, "those up to no good would hide out under the guise of being tourists." Thailand intends to protect the nation against the criminal foreigners who seek entry. and one of the most pressing needs is to  block the loopholes that allow non tourists to stay as tourists.  Unfortunately, some foreigners may interpret the protective measures as directed against them only. This is sad, but not a reasonable conclusion. Thailand seeks only to remove the  foreigners who present as a threat to social order and who are at risk of being a financial burden to the generosity of the Thailand nation.

Readers are again reminded that Thailand provided one of the most accepting and generous of education visas and it was quickly abused by long term residents who had no intention of pursuing education. Therefore, when we read the complaints of people who do not have the financial means to meet some of the easiest  visa requirements in the world, the cries from such people will not  be greeted with great sympathy. The number of people who may be negatively impacted is very small, perhaps a few hundred. In the great total of the tens of millions who easily enter Thailand each year, the small number of non compliant, while sad, must be accepted in order to protect the safety and best interests of the  desirable visitors and the people of Thailand.

Thank you for patience and consideration of the needs of the total society over those of a few who should not be in Thailand because they are niot able to financially take care of themselves.

keep-calm-who-kidding.jpg.2d56f02644b997ba0733870a6d8374b5.jpg

16 minutes ago, connda said:

I can hardly wait.  I've been prepping my wife, son, and extended family for a couple of years now that Immigration may finally pass laws that will essentially make it impossible for me to stay in Thailand and support my family as solid middle-class citizens.  That is what BJ sounds like he's projecting.  I see it coming.  I meet all the financial requirements without a problem - now.  But wait for them to raise the bar yet again.  Who suffers.  We all will.  I'll lose all the sunk assets I've invested in our home.  But anything liquid goes with me so that I can once more establish residency (real permanent residency this time) in a different county, which would leave the family in a dire situation. 
And I doubt that one Thai bureaucratic bigwig would lose a minute of sleep. 
For a country whose citizens claim to be Buddhists, I seen virtually no actually compassion expressed toward anyone but their fellow Thais, and I don't see a lot of that either, as status trumps compassion.

Am I reading your post correctly? How will establishing residency in another country affect your family?

Or are you saying you will dump the family and leave alone?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Please not say like that. Karma is in power here. Besides personally I believe Immigration will demand stricter process from the embassies regarding future income verifications.

"Karma is in power here"

I will leave that to ThaiVisa posters with a modicum of sanity to ponder.

• Haha 1

Big Joke has obviously been relying on TAT stats.   Thailand 3rd most visit country in the world - big joke.   Cant find any survey that has it any higher than about 8th or 9th and then a long way off of 3rd. 

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

They always promise exactly the opposite of what is going to happen !!  

Compulsive lying, I believe, is the term ????

You are the example

Edited by Fred31
Correction. I want to give the nasty sneering guy a little bit back
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LarryB said:

I would really just like to know why South Africans in particular have become a problem for Thai immigration. 

Probably something to do with the South African murder suspect in Vancouver that he's been dealing with in the past few days. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"Karma is in power here"

I will leave that to ThaiVisa posters with a modicum of sanity to ponder.

Karma have many theories and one is that karma harps on the Newtonian principle that every action produces an equal and opposite reaction, i.e. in this case could come back negative .