Explainer: Here’s what is required by Chonburi immigration for TM30 and retirement extensions

rooster59

What is acceptable evidence of funds coming from abroad? I have made 5 transfers since the new rules commenced and 3 show as foreign transactions. I have plenty of documents to prove the overseas source of funds as long as immigration are prepared to take the trouble to look at them. If it's Thai bank book/statement only then I'm 60% compliant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

The stipulation that incoming funds must arrive at about (within 4/5 days) the same time each month is new and very problematic for British retirees. The state pension is not paid monthly but every 4 weeks. 13 payments yearly. So 2/3 days earlier every month. Immigration should be made aware of this. Showing it has already been taxed is also new. 

I don't think the taxation issue was linked to income transferred from abroad.   The key transition was "or" in the OP.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

applicants must be able to show at least two months of income coming from overseas

or traceable to a taxable source in Thailand.

Which is odd he mixed that in when talking about retirement extensions, which don't allow for working in Thailand.  I suppose it could be interest or investment income/dividends from an onshore portfolio?  Otherwise, in my mind, the taxable source comment might refer to those working legally on a Marriage extension, paying Thai tax on their wage. 

8 minutes ago, andyman57 said:

Move to the Philippines so easy I spent 20years in Thailand sick of the place now

Agreed... I wish I had never had anything to do with Thailand now, but hard when you have made a very good circle of friends... maybe one day they will really shoot themselves in the foot, and will be forced to reappraise their unfriendly approach to foreign visitors, short of long term...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, madmitch said:

just wish there was some consistency.Every office has its own rules.

Interview as reported leaves more questions than answers-

1. A person renewing a retirement extension of stay prior to  January 2019 would not have 12 months of  deposit transfers since the new rules did not exist  until then

2.  Since Chonburi is now stating that a Thai Tax return can show income- can one  pay taxes on  480,000 Baht per year (40x12) take all the deductions and exemptions- pay the tax and simply show the tax form and the tax paid receipt and receive their extension?  Same for retirement  800K

3. What about the Combination method and the seasoning parameters as well as the income flow

4.  What about the Embassy Letters-  still many out there. Do we need to bring in proof of the income  as stated on the letter?

I am sure the interviewer did the best he could- but there are many unanswered questions that need to be addressed and the whole issue of tax returns   on  income derived outside Thailand needs investigation. Since we are  non Thais- the tax law  gives a flat 15% on accessible income. If it's not accessible if one voluntarily declares it and pays the taxes will this  be enough for the extension?

• Like 1

Uhhh yeah okay thanks for the update LMAO ???? ????????, most of this information is old news in fact almost ALL of this information is old news nothing new here. And seriously, your source was Fabulous 103FM LMAO ????.  Yet another article just trying to get our attention.  From now on post new information if and when it arises tell me something I don’t already know lol ????.  

• Haha 1