PM to fly to Chiang Mai on Tuesday to discuss haze problem

webfact

PM to fly to Chiang Mai on Tuesday to discuss haze problem

%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7-Eng

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will fly to the northern province of Chiang Mai on Tuesday morning to chair a meeting of upper northern provincial governors to discuss the haze problem which is wreaking havoc in several provinces.

Government’s deputy spokesman Lt-Gen Weerachon Sukondhapatipak said today that the Prime Minister has closely monitored the haze situation in the North and wants to go to the affected region to get first-hand information from authorities and to provide support if requested.

The Pollution Control Department said the haze problem today was worse than yesterday with the level of PM2.5 dust particles increasing in all areas.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-to-fly-to-chiang-mai-on-tuesday-to-discuss-haze-problem/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-01
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Convenient'TMD forecast rain Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday!

Anyway, election fix over no need to bother with inconvenient travel.

Yes, election fix over. Forget inconvenient travel or even inconvenient truths.

As an aside, I notice in the Ukraine election a comedian appears to be in the lead at the moment.

I wonder what figure of fun we could have had here to take the piss out of the PM? Charlie Cairoli?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Just more BS, him going to Chiang Mia wont fix anything.

This happens every year, this year been going on for several weeks, almost past for this year, so why the fanfare about him going there?

Is he going to order farmers to stop burning??

They have done it for years, and will just carry on.

So I'm hoping sudarat comes good on her announcement for future forward leader Khun Thanathorn to be the PM.

He talks well about the need for massive change, this would be his opportunity to set the cat amongst the pigeons and order them to stop the fires.

I really hope he does something like this, and if they don't respond this creates a further chance for him to get fast change by throwing them all out and installing capable and determined people. Go Thanathorn...

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So I'm hoping sudarat comes good on her announcement for future forward leader Khun Thanathorn to be the PM.

One can hope. I'm afraid though that the current lot of manure is going to steamroll PPRP in there, what ever it takes. Setting aside the fact that Prayut wasn't really eligible to run for PM (being a state official, conveniently swept under the rug with a bs statement), nor was he even eligible to be a PM in the first place (coup), he should not be able to even serve a full term anymore, should they scheme him in again, given their own constitution states a PM cannot serve more than 8 years. When was it again he declared himself as the PM...? Or course their legal baboon Wissanu will offer another BS statement to circumvent this too. No laws, including their own constitution, seem to have any meaning here.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brommers said:

The people can see that these preening governors and their equally vain & stupid cohorts do not care. There will be retribution. The passive mental barriers of past years have now been shattered and direct action is now seen as the only route that will garner results. The people in the north cat last are seeing that their "masters" in Bangkok are no longer to be trusted to care for their welfare. It is time for street level action, not flying around in jets and convening talking shops.

That is an excellent piece of writing "brommers". Well stated and to the point.

As I commented here 24 hours ago on another thread, my Thai friends in CM tell me that the village headmen turn a blind eye to the burning so that the villagers will vote said head men in next time around.

If the PM had any cajones (like the tough guy in the picture at the top), he would end this vicious cycle PDQ.

But, looking tough and acting tough are two different things. Maybe he only acts tough when accompanied by an army tank. No tanks on this trip ! Just hot air.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steven100 use to post the man in all his GQ posing and posturing glory.  Don't think he can pose, posture or pray the smog away.  He will ask the "relevant" agencies, that are just as ineffective as he is, to come up with a solution.  The pollution will ease over time, and people will forget if they are not made ill, and he can figure out how to take credit for solving the problem.  

That only happens in the movies not in a broken country like Thailand. 

• Thanks 1