Second woman says ex-VP Biden touched her inappropriately

webfact

Second woman says ex-VP Biden touched her inappropriately

By John Whitesides

2019-04-01T221232Z_1_LYNXNPEF302PK_RTROPTP_4_USA-ELECTION-BIDEN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: U.S. former Vice President Joe Biden delivers remarks at the First State Democratic Dinner in Dover, Delaware, U.S. March 16, 2019. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Connecticut woman said Joe Biden touched her inappropriately and rubbed noses with her at a 2009 political fundraiser, becoming the second person in three days to accuse the former vice president of unwanted physical contact as he considers a White House run.

"It wasn't sexual, but he did grab me by the head," Amy Lappos, 43, told the Hartford Courant on Monday of her encounter with Biden at a Greenwich, Connecticut, event. "He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth."

Lappos posted about the alleged incident in a Connecticut Women in Politics Facebook group on Sunday in response to an account by former Nevada state legislator Lucy Flores, who last week accused Biden of kissing her on the back of the head at a 2014 event.

The allegations could endanger a possible 2020 presidential run by Biden, who was vice president under President Barack Obama at the time of both alleged instances. He has been expected to announce a Democratic White House bid in the coming weeks and has been leading the Democratic presidential field in opinion polls.

Asked about the Connecticut allegation, a Biden spokesman pointed to Biden's statement on Sunday, when he said he did not believe he ever acted inappropriately during his many years in public life and on the campaign trail.

"I have offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort. And not once — never — did I believe I acted inappropriately," Biden said in the statement. "If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention."

Biden has long been known for a warm and intimate campaign style, but his propensity for hugging and physical touching has come under new scrutiny in the #MeToo era as awareness about sexual assault and harassment has grown.

Lappos, a former aide to U.S. Representative Jim Himes, told the Courant she felt uncomfortable when Biden approached her at a fundraiser for Himes. She said she was in the kitchen with three or four other volunteers when Biden moved toward her.

"I never filed a complaint, to be honest, because he was the vice president. I was a nobody," said Lappos, who is now a freelance worker with nonprofit agencies. "There's absolutely a line of decency. There's a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It's not cultural. It's not affection. It's sexism or misogyny."

Lappos did not immediately respond to a request for comment by Reuters.

Some Biden supporters rallied to his defence. Elizabeth Alexander, a former Senate and White House aide to Biden, wrote in a USA Today column that he supported women and was a champion for their rights even when it was not politically expedient.

(Editing by Colleen Jenkins and Howard Goller)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-02

If that's 'touching inappropriately' - & you know the undertone the sjws/ looney feminists, are trying to achieve, then I think 'every man is a rapist'. :biggrin:

Father Christmas'll be 'up before the beak' soon!

I expect the sun & the daily fail will be all over this.

:w00t::biggrin::clap2:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I think he's just a touchy feely guy. There are lots of them and they are harmless. This looks like a hit job.

Of course - but this is a hit-job perpetrated by a new wave of young politicians that have no moral compass. 

They need to get people like Joe out, so there's room for more AOC's.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Better this comes to the surface now rather than later, don't waste our time, Unc.

This will haunt him until he backs down, and there will be oppo research going back to his high school days.

If by some chance he gets to be the candidate you can bet that in October 2020 there will be a busload of accusers, Cosby-style.  It may all be lies and exaggerations but they won't be resolved by Election Day.  Can you already hear Janine Pirro?  And there go have it.

Keep an eye out for Dem candidates that get spoken of favorably by GOP types.  Like this:

Steve Bannon predicts Harris-Beto ticket has 'best shot' at beating Trump

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/29/steve-bannon-harris-orourke-2020-1243426

Do not lose site of the fact that in 2004 they helped to get the nomination for Kerry, because they had a silver bullet for him.  Cue Howard Dean enacting "The Scream."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I think he's just a touchy feely guy. There are lots of them and they are harmless. This looks like a political hit job.

I suppose there could be a lot of women who would say that I had touched them too if I were to put my head above the the political parapets.

Not that I was not invited to or they touched me too, but there again I doubt there are many Presidential candidates that have stepped foot in a Pattaya Go-Go.

8 minutes ago, connda said:

Uninvited "expressions of affection" are inappropriate.  Fondling children and women, touching them, kissing them - is inappropriate.  And there are so many instances to you 'inappropriately' touching women and young children on video - there is no way to disavow it.

How times have changed.

I grew up watching Richard Dawson kiss every single female contestant on The Family Feud for a ten-year stretch.  Apparently it was no big deal back then.  

I fully agree that Biden should be smart enough to know that the times have changed and that these kind of "everybody did it back in the day" things are no longer palatable by the majority of the public.

14 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Fair enough some people are tactile, but it's the way he does it. 

Kissing a contestant as they appear on a tv show is fine. Grabbing them from behind and kissing their neck, stroking their hair is weird

I knew 18 years ago that it was inappropriate to comment on a woman's appearance in case it was taken the wrong way, and actually touching one was an absolute no no.

If Biden doesn't know that he isn't fit to be president.

• Thanks 1

And I don't believe all those celebs should be dragged through the courts for 'sexual misconduct' from the 70s/80s.

Things were different then and people should not be judged by today's standards.

Watch the 70's/80s sitcoms and it was acceptable to touch a woman or wolf whistle or slap her arse. 

This thing with the kids is completely different

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Translation: If it's a democrat, I don't believe the victim. If it's a Republican accused, I do.

Difference here: Creepy Joe's behaviour is well documented.

Biden-Bikers-AP.jpg.1480361e67521ec99fdbf5ff0aa42372.jpg

Look at the 2 guys in the background - says it all!

who's the biker mama he has on his lap?

Edited by malibukid