Google And Thaivisa.com Launches Branded Email For Members

george

upcountry -

......I tried again to get mail, but this time I got: POP server (<name>@pop.gmail.com) command error: ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!........
The error message you quote above, indicates your using @gmail.com instead of @thaivisa.com as your email address. Your Thaivisa account login name/address should be: [email protected] not [email protected]
....I tried sending a polite email to my username at gmail.com, and it didn't arrive in my mailbox, so it does appear that someone can have a gmail account with the same name as a thaivisa username.UC
No. While both are part of Google's Gmail service, they're competely different email addresses. Each should have only 1 username account.

Questions:

1. Did you enable POP3 in your [email protected] account? (If not, check HERE for details)

2. Are you using AVG Antivirus to scan your email?

waldwolf

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The error message you quote above, indicates your using @gmail.com instead of @thaivisa.com as your email address. Your Thaivisa account login name/address should be: [email protected] not [email protected]

Nein, nein!

I'm using thaivisa.com, not gmail.com. As I mentioned earlier, I even sent an email to my username at gmail.com to verify it is different.

Yes, I am using AVG, which generally doesn't give me this error for gmail or other address. Yes, it does seem to be a pain at times, though. But I had similar problems with Avast.

Thanks for following up.

UC

Upcountry -

As your email account at username@gmail.com works with POP3, suggest you try following:

1. Double check that your [email protected] setup details are exactly the same as your working username@gmail.com account, except of course (where applicable), the Thaivisa account username/address will read [email protected]. (Write down on paper, both account settings, for later comparison.)

2. Turn OFF email checking in your AVG antivirus.

3. Using your POP3 email client (Eudora?), attempt to retreve the email I just sent you.

4. If POP3 not successful, manually check your Thaivisa gmail account to see if my email was received.

5. Reactivate your email antivirus checking in AVG.

6. Post back results/findings.

waldwolf

• 3 years later...