Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Maybe if you knew a bit about Thailand, had a VPN and knew how to google your opinion would change. 

Actually I’ve been living here for 5 years and was visiting for about 11 years before retiring here, and yes I have VPN but the outside world news has nothing to do with the current political situation in Thailand and personnel changes within the Thai government which is always gonna happen regardless but especially in this political climate.  There will probably be more personnel changes in Thai government agencies over the next few months especially in May after the election dispute ends if it even ends in May as it’s supposed to.  And actually I almost never watch mainstream Thai news except when I’m at my wife’s family’s house and they happen to have channel 7 on watching something else besides a Thai soap opera LMAO ????.  Never assume or speculate about people or political situations.  Ironically I use VPN all the time lol.  

Edited by Jim7777
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

We are so lucky to have you commenting here.

Well thanks, the rest of you can continue to speculate and lose your minds over this for days on end lol ????.  You’re all gonna do it anyway.  

This just in CONFIRMED: the former head of immigration is currently sitting on the toilet across the hall from his new office on the 20th floor. ????????????

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

There is some latest on this story all over Thai reports it looks like he who cant be mentioned ordered it for some kind of cover up with someone who has a watch collection????

I heard that he just ordered pizza at home.  

5 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

There is some latest on this story all over Thai reports it looks like he who cant be mentioned ordered it for some kind of cover up with someone who has a watch collection????

Nope that rumor was incorrect he had McDonald’s delivered to his home apparently he ordered a Big Mac.  I also heard that he might be lactose intolerant. I learned that by reading an article that I accessed with my VPN ????????????????????.  

Edited by Jim7777

17 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Actually I’ve been living here for 5 years and was visiting for about 11 years before retiring here, and yes I have VPN but the outside world news has nothing to do with the current political situation in Thailand and personnel changes within the Thai government which is always gonna happen regardless but especially in this political climate.  There will probably be more personnel changes in Thai government agencies over the next few months especially in May after the election dispute ends if it even ends in May as it’s supposed to.  And actually I almost never watch mainstream Thai news except when I’m at my wife’s family’s house and they happen to have channel 7 on watching something else besides a Thai soap opera LMAO ????.  Never assume or speculate about people or political situations.  Ironically I use VPN all the time lol.  

Like I said if you knew something about Thailand and had a VPN and google.  Gee, how can you not know?  Not in mainstream media why would they know?  Do your own research - enough info on this thread to lead you in the right direction and real reasons for the latest news. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

got any links you can post here please?

42 minutes ago, ExpatPH said:

WOW. If this is not a late April 1 joke, this can be the best news for expats, and tourists too.

He was excellent from start, very hard working officers that got results.

He might, in his stress for achievements, put his feet where he shouldn't, and maybe gone way too far.

Did Thailand finally notice the high number of expats leaving last 1,5 year?

Do Thailand soon want us expats to stay, and hope for us who already left to return?

Is this the brake expats need?

Will latest requirements for 1 year of extension of stay, be relaxed soon?

I'm not holding my breath, but I wish that this will be the case.

Heck, I might be able to return to the country I love and miss so much, unique Thailand.

"Do Thailand soon want us expats to stay, and hope for us who already left to return?

Is this the brake expats need?"

Intentional pun? If so - a good one!

37 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Actually that makes Sheriff Joe a better example of this now that you mention illegal immigration.  He was getting really tough to the point of making his deputies ask to see passports anytime they pulled anyone over for a routine traffic stop.  And profiling Hispanics he was heavily criticized and even sued by the Obama Administration but obviously that part is different because America is way different.  Arizona became known as the “show me your papers state”.  

and pink underwear

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Like I said if you knew something about Thailand and had a VPN and google.  Gee, how can you not know?  Not in mainstream media why would they know?  Do your own research - enough info on this thread to lead you in the right direction and real reasons for the latest news. 

Uhhh yeah I have both VPN and Google, I even have hotmail and Facebook lol ???? and that was my point I have done my own research and have my own years of experience living here and watching the local government change over the last 11 years.  But I’m not gonna speculate and go nuts about it like most people are on here.  I actually said that I very rarely ever watch Thai mainstream media.  I might watch local Thai news at my wife’s family’s house maybe once a month if that and when I do I’m rarely paying attention because I get my local news else where, and this forum and site isn’t always the most reliable either.  Sometimes it is but articles like this one are just trying to get everyone spun up and they have succeeded.  Yeah it’s news but jeez calm down it’s not that big of a deal.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Say what you want but at least he was doing something.   The Nigerians in Nana will be celebrating and the crime rate is going to  Soar. 

This is not a happy time and they are going to have to announce what he did as well as the investigation is going to have to be good.  A lot of Thai people are in love with him and feel he was doing something right  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Say what you want but at least he was doing something.   The Nigerians in Nana will be celebrating and the crime rate is going to  Soar. 

This is not a happy time and they are going to have to announce what he did as well as the investigation is going to have to be good.  A lot of Thai people are in love with him and feel he was doing something right  

Well that depends, who’s in line to replace him?  Will it be someone even more conservative or someone a little more liberal?  That’s what people should be asking, and not concerned about why he was transferred so soon.  That’s in the past he’s transferred supposedly.  In the here and now the real question is who replaces him and will it really matter who replaces him will it make any difference whatsoever, I don’t think it will make a difference.  Unless they get someone who starts undoing his work which I doubt will happen.  

Edited by Jim7777
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

This is very familiar to the female tourism boss a couple of years ago, she was a rising star, she was going to shut down the bars and build family theme parks etc, then disappeared overnight.

Kobkarn, the one who opened the floodgates to China and India and managed to start the decline of the western tourism? Good riddance. Let's hope she and BJ enjoy their 20th floor school desks.

That said, now the question is will the next one be a real hardliner. A lot of damage can be done simply by modifying the immigration police orders.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Artisi said:

"No reason has yet been given for the transfer."  unlikely it will ever be given, however, don't let that get in the way of speculation....  let me start the ball rolling - toes trodden-on.

I was going to say muddying too many waters. Same same. His high profile made him a natural target.