Big Joke's fate: Public on tenterhooks will have to wait one more day

webfact

53 minutes ago, stigar said:

maybe embassys complaining..i saw the US lawers have been meeting some officials in Thailand.

I think they get sick and tired of "big joke"

Just curious; What has Big Joke to do with foreign embassies?  Why would they complain?

Reminder: He was NOT head of immigration when UK/US embassies first talked of stopping income letters...

41 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Given that it took ~ 9 years to strip Thaksin of his police rank it is certainly telling that Hapkarn had his police rank stripped in what, four days? And shipped off to some obscure undefined post. Quite the fall from grace. On the plus side, no rare blood disorder.

Apparently, this is a silly question to pose in this locale... but....

Leaving aside the question of what if anything he may have done "wrong" -- so you can have a couple of decades career as a police civil service officer here, rise through the ranks, obtain several senior positions.... and then....

Be booted out of the police service entirely and immediately with the stroke of a pen, apparently without any due process or any disciplinary panel hearing or any rights to appeal your punishment???

I think criminals have more due process rights here than that...  Unless of course, he somehow waived all of those rights, if they even existed, knowing perhaps the alternative outcome would either not likely be fruitful or pleasant.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

37 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Your last paragraph is uncalled for and you make it clear that you like slack policing, I wonder why.  I like  the Police to uphold the law and apply the rules of a normal functioning society, you clearly do not.  

So were different... and?

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Apparently, this is a silly question to pose in this locale... but....

Leaving aside the question of what if anything he may have done "wrong" -- so you can have a couple of decades career as a police civil service officer here, rise through the ranks, obtain several senior positions.... and then....

Be booted out of the police service entirely and immediately with the stroke of a pen, apparently without any due process or any disciplinary panel hearing or any rights to appeal your punishment???

I think criminals have more due process rights here than that...

To slightly answer your question; in LOS, you can be voted into office by the majority of voters and be booted out of office in one day by, yes, you know who. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

To slightly answer your question; in LOS, you can be voted into office by the majority of voters and be booted out of office in one day by, yes, you know who. 

Thai media has reported that prime minister Prayut Chan-ocha has used his sweeping powers under Article 44 to remove and rein in Lt-Gen Surachate ‘Big Joke’ Hakparn.

Following the lightning transfer of the poster boy of the Royal Thai Police and Immigration chief on Friday it has now been announced that PM Prayut has placed the Lt-Gen on a list of civil servants under investigation.

The wheel keeps turning....\

• Like 1

he was stepping on somebody closer to the high rulers toes.... is not good to be on the front page on a daily basis. This is a country of old or very old traditions, power is reserved to the same generations after generations, they are not (and never will be) open for drastic changes, if they do they will loose the golden eggs.... BJ ancestors maybe not the correct blood line, here are the consequences

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Your last paragraph is uncalled for and you make it clear that you like slack policing, I wonder why.  I like  the Police to uphold the law and apply the rules of a normal functioning society, you clearly do not.  

and that's why we have laws, to be enforced.....