Bad feeling about Pattaya

Pattayabeerbacon

3 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Well, try BKK...see how you like it.  But, as others have said, it aint that bad.  Don't look for trouble, and exercise common sense.  no common sense, start working on learning from life's lessons...we all need more...

Yep, Bangkok sounds ok, just remember to wear an oxygen mask at all times. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I guess im losing my edge.

Fell for bill padding once, Got ripped off 1000 baht from a ST soi 6 lady and got one bank card stolen all in 24 hours.

Says a lot about your problems.

12 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Quite the moody vibe amongst all pattaya people.

Did you really take the time to meet all of Pattaya's residents??

49 minutes ago, Bootstrap said:

Tosh

Just arrived in BKK yesterday and the vibe is OK, no real stresses or underlying issue, just regular thai people going about there day.

Its only the ones heavily involved in the tourist industry who appeared unstable and sketchy/ moody as no customers to keep them afloat so they do what they always do and scare away existing customers with scowling sour faces and general unfriendlyness.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Its only the ones heavily involved in the tourist industry who appeared unstable and sketch

so, maybe it is time to venture out into the countryside. Country people are wonderful and it is very safe... if the Phuket, Pattaya vibe is not for you, maybe time is right for exploring baan nork.. 

• Like 1

Mmm

Pattaya works on different levels - if you swim amongst the lowest level - ie Soi 6 ( have lived here for years and am not quite sure where it is) - but everyone on TV seems to mention it all the time.

So if you frequent one of the seediest parts of town , what on earth do you expect? The bar girls are going to be genuine and honest. Wake up. 

20 hours ago, johng said:

Maybe you want to the wrong places ?

i agree...i go to many gogo bars on my weekly 'night out'.

because the bars are always changing, i go to different ones on LK  metro and walking st..

most bars have electronic tabs..i sometimes buy quite a few lady drinks,.

i always check every transaction.. never found them to be incorrect--never found my change to be incorrect. i leave any bar where they pressure me to buy lady drinks.

i buy when it suits me. 

ive watched other 'punters' and the ones that are likely to get ripped off, are the ones that are careless with their money and buy drinks willy nilly...

even if ive had a lot to drink--i still watch my money closely..

• Like 1