US defends its presence at police station in Thanathorn case

webfact

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And of course all the countries mentioned in the list above are flawless and have no mess to clean up within their national borders !

No, this is not an apology of the junta or anything similar.

Humbly, I  believe that they can protest, for sure, but through diplomatic channels by having each country summon the  Thai Ambassador posted within their borders,  and give him a good remontrance within the walls of their ministries. That's how things are usually done amongst other nations.

But not physically take a stance in front of a Police Station.

In this case, the western diplomats may have contributed to rise the junta into martyr status, junta who can now openly protest and speculate on being insulted and persecuted by the nasty gang of farang envoys.

But who knows , it maybe plainly and only in the interest for good for business to show solidarity towards a billionaire,  who can gain power one day ? (despite the fact that he surely is a brave and a brillant man).

IMHO of course.

(I think that I will again get bashed here  ????)

I understand your reasoning. But in this case it may be that given the suspicions of tinkering  with what was declared to be an open and honest election which propelled upwards a new political entrant of presumed acceptability to the international spectrum was a more effective diplomatic signal than a behind closed door tut tut. It is obvious this  was an organised presence as a demonstration of genuine interest which  should not be mistaken as actual interference. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I understand your reasoning. But in this case it may be that given the suspicions of tinkering  with what was declared to be an open and honest election which propelled upwards a new political entrant of presumed acceptability to the international spectrum was a more effective diplomatic signal than a behind closed door tut tut. It is obvious this  was an organised presence as a demonstration of genuine interest which  should not be mistaken as actual interference. 

"I understand your reasoning.."

You do?

You must have a PhD in understanding galactic black holes.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eligius said:

'.... once the junta members are charged and tried for their crimes ....'

Hell will freeze over first before that happens - sadly! The Thai record is that coup makers go on to live a very unmolested and prosperous life ...

Right, as seen in another current thread about one of those dinosaurs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And of course all the countries mentioned in the list above are flawless and have no mess to clean up within their national borders !

No, this is not an apology of the junta or anything similar.

Humbly, I  believe that they can protest, for sure, but through diplomatic channels by having each country summon the  Thai Ambassador posted within their borders,  and give him a good remontrance within the walls of their ministries. That's how things are usually done amongst other nations.

But not physically take a stance in front of a Police Station.

In this case, the western diplomats may have contributed to rise the junta into martyr status, junta who can now openly protest and speculate on being insulted and persecuted by the nasty gang of farang envoys.

But who knows , it maybe plainly and only in the interest for good for business to show solidarity towards a billionaire,  who can gain power one day ? (despite the fact that he surely is a brave and a brillant man).

IMHO of course.

(I think that I will again get bashed here  ????)

My guess is Wall Street is keen to find a replacement Parliamentarian for their exiled and deposed stooge, Thaksin Shinawatra.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Hell will freeze over first before that happens - sadly! The Thai record is that coup makers go on to live a very unmolested and prosperous life ...

Prem 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Not even close to being true.  The most famous one was exiled to Japan where he died.  Maybe a bit of history before posting eh?

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Guess you missed this ..... 

The post you quoted was a reply to this statement you left out. And everything posted is true

He would like to govern like the military does here in Thailand. He does have a 5 minute attention span. He could not find Thailand on a map and he likely has no clue what Thailand is except the vague notion it might be a restaurant. If FOX and friends do not bring it up, he would never think of it on his own.

Case closed, that is 100 Percent accurate description of POTUS. Sorry if the truth upsets you.

BTW nothing I can do about Theresa May and her painful problems with constipation. :biggrin:

i think POTUS would love Pataya

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Funny that nobody would have really made something out of it until some junta loving right wing nutcase started a story on Facebook by accusing them of being „Fake“ diplomats played by Farang “actors” from Khao-San Road!

Then they spread a rumor on social media that they are out to “colonize” Thailand - and then the FM has nothing better to do and turns it into an international diplomatic incident!

They really know how to mess things up don’t they.

Funny thing is if anybody from the opposition would have spread fake news about “fake” diplomats they would have probably been charged with offenses against the computer crime act!

So far no legal action has been taken against the guy who spread the lies!

It is also quite funny that these naive people have a go at western diplomats talking about “colonization” for observing legal proceedings while they seem to be blind to the real colonization that is going on under their nose- slowly but steady China is creeping in.

The final mass colonization and takeover of Tibet by the Chinese all started with a train route from China!

Hey social media Thai colonization conspiracy theorists- Have they starting building their train route into Thailand yet? - I heard the Chinese even want to finance it for you so you are even going to pay interest for being “colonized”.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

the Chinese have taken over my favorite restaurant. 

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

daylight is a powerful anti-sceptic

I am glad to see the following countries attending the police station. Where was Japan or South Korea?

The UN.

US

UK

Canada

France

Belgium

Australia

New Zealand

Denmark

Finland

Germany

The Netherlands.

True, one can point out flaws in the democratic countries listed above, but at least they do not have a military regime scaring those who speak out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, toenail said:

I am glad to see the following countries attending the police station. Where was Japan or South Korea?

The UN.

US

UK

Canada

France

Belgium

Australia

New Zealand

Denmark

Finland

Germany

The Netherlands.

True, one can point out flaws in the democratic countries listed above, but at least they do not have a military regime scaring those who speak out. 

Of course..

I am very glad that you resisted any tendency to "What aboutism" in the Land of Night and Fog.

Not worth earning your parachute wings over,in my opinion.

As everyone outside of Shangri-La(Always taking into account Lollypopville-Cambodia,Myanmar and Laos)will merely regard you as a blessed idiot.

The days are long gone for the alcoholic sexaholics..A sort of "Thruster's Last Stand".

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The ministry’s aide memoir says the Thai government respects the rights of foreign embassies to monitor political developments and observe events of significance

as usual contradiction after contradiction, they can't get their sh.. straight

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

This is NOT about the "flaws" of other nations, it is about what is happening in Thailand.... or DON'T you care?

No it's not. It's about diplomats and Quango officials (UN and EU), acting in a way that isn't within their protocols.

Arrogance, high handed, patronizing, and still believing themselves superior to Asians. 

The "free" world - what a joke!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Sure..buddy..sure..

Just a hobby of yours, right?

You woke up in Eindhoven one day..spouting "But Thaksin..but Thaksin.."

Whereupon your Dutch doctors informed you that you were suffering fom tertiary stage (terminal) Stocholm Syndrome

From which there is no recovery.

Right mate you should check my posting history a bit better and see that most of my posts are on totally different topics. (topics you probably never see as you probably have zero interests in health)  I just happend to arrive here during the Thaksin time so i seen all his corruption first hand. Had I come here during the junta time i would probably never mentioned him. 

But quite low of you to think i get paid for something like this. 

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Not even close to being true.  The most famous one was exiled to Japan where he died.  Maybe a bit of history before posting eh?

Does rather fit the bill though - if you look at the history that is -eh?

• Like 1