Pork Sausages

Bought some sausages from <name removed> in Lamai .     I rate them 0 out of 10.........never again.

1)  Very badly stuffed, uneven long thin sausages of uneven length, completely unlike English Breakfast, more attuned to thinner Chipolata.

2) Filling very dry, almost gritty.

3) Skins, impossible to chew. I had to suck the filling and spit the skins out.

Edited by PoorSucker
Name removed per forum rules
  • Like 1

When i was green into thailand i bought hotdogs in the 711...they looked like in plastic but i couldn't get it off so i assumed that must be the casing. I fried and ate them but that casing still wasn't easy to swallow.

Later my wife came home and told me i had to remove that plastic casing first! How should i know that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

When i was green into thailand i bought hotdogs in the 711...they looked like in plastic but i couldn't get it off so i assumed that must be the casing. I fried and ate them but that casing still wasn't easy to swallow.

Later my wife came home and told me i had to remove that plastic casing first! How should i know that?

#MeToo...????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

Too far to go for a snag, i will get the gear and make my own, it will give me a hobby I did just that with Pickled onions.

And burgers, and mango chutney, and jam, and ...........

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Of what may I ask?

Of imagination that you have to hark back to Linda McCartney for a critique of vegetarianism? I do realize it is not as sophisticated as Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai. However, I would hate to think your thought processes are stultifying in in that bucolic environment.

41 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

ooooh errr. Must ask Susie Dent what that means.   LOL

It's nice we can learn from each other on TV. I would not have known Susie Dent from a bar of soap, until you mentioned her. Just like you have probably never heard of Robin Batterham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

You can get decent ones in Bangkok

Amazing the amount of posts on Samui forums we get from sad people living elsewhere and wished they lived on Samui. I have tried various sausage suppliers in Bangkok and they are all bordering on average.

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

They actually sell Okay susages in Makro, including veal susages...????

They used to. Some twit at Makro decided to change supplier and the Makro 'Cumberland sausages' now contain chicken and are particularly offensive. There are some TGM sausages sold there that are okay. Big Joes used to sell half decent sausages and 'farang food' but everything has gone to pot there in the past few years.

• Like 1

KOH SAMUI HOMEMADE FOOD. Sanam Bin Road, Tambon Bo Put, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani 84320.

I bought some pork products from him a while back. Some of the sausages were good and he also does things like Scotch Eggs and I believe black puddings - or was that somewhere else.

He's actually a New Zealander I believe.

7 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

KOH SAMUI HOMEMADE FOOD. Sanam Bin Road, Tambon Bo Put, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani 84320. 

I bought some pork products from him a while back. Some of the sausages were good and he also does things like Scotch Eggs and I believe black puddings - or was that somewhere else.

Used to be known as 'Big Joes'. Back then the curries, pork pies, sausage rolls, pies and Christmas Turkeys and trimmings were excellent. I believe it has changed hands etc. a few times since the sad loss of 'Big Joe'. The new owners have 'cheapened' every aspect of the original recipes and as such I don't bother going there anymore. They occasionally sell black puddings but they are poor and bought from Bangkok and the owner is Australian. 

For some reason I don't think you know what you are talking about or on Samui? but I might be wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SamuiGeezer said:

Amazing the amount of posts on Samui forums we get from sad people living elsewhere and wished they lived on Samui. I have tried various sausage suppliers in Bangkok and they are all bordering on average.

They used to. Some twit at Makro decided to change supplier and the Makro 'Cumberland sausages' now contain chicken and are particularly offensive. There are some TGM sausages sold there that are okay. Big Joes used to sell half decent sausages and 'farang food' but everything has gone to pot there in the past few years.

You can order online and they ship to Samui. But seeing as you know everything I bet you already knew that. 

6 hours ago, wilcopops said:

I do not know how long ago 'a while back' is, but the quality of the products there is a major drop in quality and taste in recent times.

I was a regular purchaser from Big Joe and even after his untimely death, I still bought their products. Then new owners took over and the quality, taste and value went rapidly downhill.

Cumberlands like cardboard.

Pies with more gravy and air than meat.

Nothing on the menu that I would recommend.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SamuiGeezer said:

Used to be known as 'Big Joes'. Back then the curries, pork pies, sausage rolls, pies and Christmas Turkeys and trimmings were excellent. I believe it has changed hands etc. a few times since the sad loss of 'Big Joe'. The new owners have 'cheapened' every aspect of the original recipes and as such I don't bother going there anymore. They occasionally sell black puddings but they are poor and bought from Bangkok and the owner is Australian. 

For some reason I don't think you know what you are talking about or on Samui? but I might be wrong.

Somewhere else . Lamai not Bang Rak