Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

6 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Why do you not pick your team  in the tipping comp???????? I hope they capitulate next week at the MCG

Because learned one i pick teams in the tipping i think will win not from emotion, the Demons are just emerging after many years in the wilderness....there on a roll right now but if we look at there history they havent won more than 2 games in a row (until this current run) this year let alone the last 8 ys....they were playing WCE who we havent beaten in like 9 ys and even longer since we beat them in Perth....the maths didn't look good to me...

I wont be picking them against the Swans either....at least i have more faith in your team than you....

3 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Because learned one i pick teams in the tipping i think will win not from emotion, the Demons are just emerging after many years in the wilderness....there on a roll right now but if we look at there history they havent won more than 2 games in a row (until this current run) this year let alone the last 8 ys....they were playing WCE who we havent beaten in like 9 ys and even longer since we beat them in Perth....the maths didn't look good to me...

I wont be picking them against the Swans either....at least i have more faith in your team than you....

I have picked the Swans in every game this season. How many games have you picked Melbourne???

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I have picked the Swans in every game this season. How many games have you picked Melbourne???

Only when i think they can win and they didn't win all the games i picked them in....does that make me a bad demon supporter?

Ps.....if i was a Swans supporter id be comfortable picking them pretty much every week too...except for this year your way out in front...try picking the Dee's every week for the last 5 ys id be down the bottom of the tipping ladder with Joseph....

Just now, Will27 said:

Ouch....that hurts.

Can't see WC making the 8 now.

A little bird once said the wheels would begin to fall off in the second half of the Eagles season, really WILL if the Eagles had of won it would have been an injustice.....you guys even got a couple of gifts from the lime green people....

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Only when i think they can win and they didn't win all the games i picked them in....does that make me a bad demon supporter?

You would have been higher on the ladder if you had faith in your team.  Especially in the last few games.

• Like 2

Just now, ripstanley said:

You would have been higher on the ladder if you had faith in your team.  Especially in the last few games.

If we beat the Swans next week and its doable....i will take your advice...

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

A little bird once said the wheels would begin to fall off in the second half of the Eagles season, really WILL if the Eagles had of won it would have been an injustice.....you guys even got a couple of gifts from the lime green people....

Thought it was hard tough game all night.

Your guys were 16 points down when Jetta missed that goal near the end that would've finished it

Couldn't have really called it an injustice either way.

Was just a close game where someone had to lose.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

The counter intuitiveness here is beautiful.

Alex,  you won't pick Essendon too, yet Zack is your FF captain. Perfectly female and perfectly fine!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, optad said:

The counter intuitiveness here is beautiful.

Alex,  you won't pick Essendon too, yet Zack is your FF captain. Perfectly female and perfectly fine!! 

Awwwww timmieeee.....trying to pick winners in one sitting for the entire 6 months of a season your like in a mood....on a train track so to speak your past and your future is your present which shows up in your future present eventually....Having Zac as my captain is non emotional its about winning the Fantasy comp premier ship again..hehehe, and not picking Dees last night is about trying to win the Tipping comp....the heart is separated from the brain...... I've learned to keep it that way  its very helpful especially in love relationships....you should try it...that is let the big head do the thinking for you not the little one dictate where you go....as in footy I'm just a hack tipster i might get it right eventually.....only 5 off the top and thats Ozz when the Dee's start loosing he's going down down down...hehehe Radar is already showing signs he's run is almost over....thats what happens the early leaders...With the season were having its wide open still....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Refrain from using personal names Alex. 

Everyone else does.

Re the quick pick aspect of the longer range though..... That is whre the fun lies. It is a humorous comparative measure against the day to day. Look at the the variances and results. Bigger forums where participants can share bigger data ; it rocks. 

And i like the contradictions in your posting. It is what you are known for! I am going to trade for Zac myself. sic Yeo/Lloyd.

Edited by optad
  • Like 1

It's always the dilemma with footy tipping.   Pick with your head or pick with your heart.   I went mercenary and tipped against Carlton in two early games this season, but I had to battle with my conscience.   So now, I don't give it a second thought and click on my beloved Blues, irrespective of the odds of winning.   

So Alex.   Who do you barrack for when you tip against The Dees?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, optad said:

Refrain from using personal names Alex. 

Everyone else does.

Re the quick pick aspect of the longer range though..... That is whre the fun lies. It is a humorous comparative measure against the day to day. Look at the the variances and results. Bigger forums where participants can share bigger data ; it rocks. 

And i like the contradictions in your posting. It is what you are known for! I am going to trade for Zac myself. sic Yeo/Lloyd.

To early in the morning for you OPTUS to "get my drift" so to speak, in simple english its like this...the mind is shaped by the previous season   with perhaps some trade in and outs...there for the theory of long range tipping is shaped/based on the previous year once the season proper is in full swing a whole new set of configurations come into play there for changing preconceived thoughts.....Nothing humorous in it a bit of fun yes, thats how i see it.....

No contradictions its about winning....its true i have a dislike for Essendon ( because in the 70's and 80's if anyone kicked us hard while we were down it was Essendon and a 10 goal thrashing in this days was never enough for the blood thirsty Bomber fans ) its also true they only won 2 games last year, after a year out a dozen players with a new coach how were they going to perform? I didn't think they would, think i had them down for maybe 1 win in long range that wasn't realistic but as your ticking as your going that previous year whats etched into my mind...

Enjoy your sunday .....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

It's always the dilemma with footy tipping.   Pick with your head or pick with your heart.   I went mercenary and tipped against Carlton in two early games this season, but I had to battle with my conscience.   So now, I don't give it a second thought and click on my beloved Blues, irrespective of the odds of winning.   

So Alex.   Who do you barrack for when you tip against The Dees?

What a question.....when i do my tipping i dont use emotion i tip who i think will win, on game day i hope, want and expect the Dee's to win, if i have tipped against them like the last 2 weeks i still smile and am very happy of the win for me the 2 do not exist together.

Seems a few in here cannot fathom this....emotional detachment....the Dali Lama has some excellent books out there and since most in here are partnered to or dating or wishing to a Thai woman or man or what ever and there Buddhist you may want to delve into there world a little....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

To early in the morning for you OPTUS to "get my drift" so to speak, in simple english its like this...the mind is shaped by the previous season   with perhaps some trade in and outs...there for the theory of long range tipping is shaped/based on the previous year once the season proper is in full swing a whole new set of configurations come into play there for changing preconceived thoughts.....Nothing humorous in it a bit of fun yes, thats how i see it.....

No contradictions its about winning....its true i have a dislike for Essendon ( because in the 70's and 80's if anyone kicked us hard while we were down it was Essendon and a 10 goal thrashing in this days was never enough for the blood thirsty Bomber fans ) its also true they only won 2 games last year, after a year out a dozen players with a new coach how were they going to perform? I didn't think they would, think i had them down for maybe 1 win in long range that wasn't realistic but as your ticking as your going that previous year whats etched into my mind...

Enjoy your sunday .....

Fair enough. Time to let that go.

On a person note as some know, i am away soon and my fantasy football prospects will return to the TV preseason conjectured position. It is an ordered world.

Gee, I thought Rance's dive against Buddy last week was poor.

This one by Oliver takes the biscuit though.

Unless there is another angle showing more forceful contact, this ones a shocker.

Dumb by Schofield but please.

BTW, I like Oliver, the kids a gun.

dive.mp4

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Seems a few in here cannot fathom this....emotional detachment....the Dali Lama has some excellent books out there and since most in here are partnered to or dating or wishing to a Thai woman or man or what ever and there Buddhist you may want to delve into there world a little....

I suppose it could also be having faith in ones covictions  :smile:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

"........Seems a few in here cannot fathom this....emotional detachment......."

These Melbourne fans cannot fathom any emotional detachment.

382003_nl.jpg

Another Buddhist teaching is "Live/stay in the Moment" and were were....next week we start all over again....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Gee, I thought Rance's dive against Buddy last week was poor.

This one by Oliver takes the biscuit though.

Unless there is another angle showing more forceful contact, this ones a shocker.

Dumb by Schofield but please.

BTW, I like Oliver, the kids a gun.

dive.mp4

Come on uncle WILL.....looks soft from behind when the camera was showing Oliver from the front the elbow clearly connected with Olivers chin, when ur walking and not expecting to get hit, half time and ur in relaxed mode and you do well you could go down...reportable? umps doing his job will the Eagle go? ummm dont know maybe a warning since he wasn't looking at Oliver as he raised his elbow, having said that the Eagle should have kept his arms down anyway so something he should get...a $5000 fine might teach him to keep his mind on the walking to the change rooms in future..

25 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

I suppose it could also be having faith in ones covictions  :smile:

Supreme optimistic are you young man....another Buddhist saying "Nothing stays the same, everything changes, its continuous."

Question,if a player is not reported on the field but the case ends up at the MRP.

Are the umpires  or players called on to give evidence???

Or is that only for an on field report or if they challenge the panels verdict. 

The reason i ask is our best player Cunnington will be fined or suspended this week for a neck punch,prior to the incident he's supporting a black eye.

27 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Question,if a player is not reported on the field but the case ends up at the MRP.

Are the umpires  or players called on to give evidence???

Or is that only for an on field report or if they challenge the panels verdict. 

The reason i ask is our best player Cunnington will be fined or suspended this week for a neck punch,prior to the incident he's supporting a black eye.

Its called Karma....you guys beat us up and we got the suspension.....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Come on uncle WILL.....looks soft from behind when the camera was showing Oliver from the front the elbow clearly connected with Olivers chin, when ur walking and not expecting to get hit, half time and ur in relaxed mode and you do well you could go down...reportable? umps doing his job will the Eagle go? ummm dont know maybe a warning since he wasn't looking at Oliver as he raised his elbow, having said that the Eagle should have kept his arms down anyway so something he should get...a $5000 fine might teach him to keep his mind on the walking to the change rooms in future..

Come on now AlexRRR, "walking and not getting hit"?

You're obviously missing the fact that Oliver started it or have chosen to ignore it.

Oliver said he “hit (Schofield) on the chest and I wasn’t really expecting it (the hit back)”.

One might suggest that if you hit someone first, you should expect a hit back.

I think they way the tribunal works for head high hit's, is that if it's graded as intentional, it's 2 weeks down to 1

or it's graded as insufficient force which means he get's off. 

Maybe Melbourne should tell Oliver to keep his arms down on the way to the change rooms.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/melbourne/melbournes-clayton-oliver-slammed-for-taking-a-dive-against-west-coast/news-story/1729d723d74f1b70635c2c5be3c616dc

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

What a question.....when i do my tipping i dont use emotion i tip who i think will win, on game day i hope, want and expect the Dee's to win, if i have tipped against them like the last 2 weeks i still smile and am very happy of the win for me the 2 do not exist together.

I agree AlexRRR. Tipping shouldn't be emotional.

It's basically who you think will win, not who you want to win.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Its called Karma....you guys beat us up and we got the suspension.....

Didn't that start with Oliver.:smile:

The Dees are getting a reputation for being the toughest in this new non violent game of push and shove.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Supreme optimistic are you young man....another Buddhist saying "Nothing stays the same, everything changes, its continuous."

"The more things change the more they stay the same"  Bon Jovi

• Like 1