Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Anyone's game going into the final quarter.

roos should be another 6 goals up but for their woeful set shot kicking

Wonder if there is a clause in Joe Hocks budget funding for seeing eye dogs for umpires.

Gooo Dons

• Like 1

Rory Sloane may be St Kilda's next captain, was a Saint supporter as a kid, out of contract and Richo is courting him. He wants to return to Victoria and Saint Nick has already said he will step aside to allow him to be captain something he wants.

As you guys know I am not a regular on here but here is

my useless tips for this week gigglem.gif

North Melbourne

Adelaide

Hawthorn

GWS

Geelong

West coast

Fremantle

Richmont

Port Adelaide

Cheers

Have you been tipping on the AFL site, you can still join us.

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes believes former Sacred Heart schoolmate Matthew Pavlich is one of the greatest players he has played with.

The 32-year old spoke to FIVEaa about moments from his 298-game career after he announced his retirement on Wednesday.

One moment came from his school years at Sacred Heart College in Adelaide when the prolific tagger was receiving a taste of his own medicine, after being roughed up by a player in the goal square.

The whole school was watching this mid-week game that saw Matthew Pavlich waltz from centre-half forward and give the culprit a massive chest bump.

Apparently not another hand was laid on Cornes for the rest of the day due to the leadership and massive frame of this year 12 student.

The four-time Port Adelaide best and fairest winner went on to sing his praises for the Fremantle great.

“Pavlich was the best player that I’ve ever player with junior footy wise,” Cornes said.

“I’m really proud of what he’s been able to do.

“As well as a lot of other people from Sacred Heart.”

The college is known for its football and has produced a number of AFL talent over the years, including Kane’s brother Chad, teammate Hamish Hartlett and current Geelong players Andrew Mackie and Cory Gregson.

Speaking of the big Pavlova, how's Paddy Dangerfields comment on him!

Dangerfield’s incredible compliment to ‘Pav’

Fox Footy commentator Anthony Hudson revealed the incredible compliment Adelaide star Patrick Dangerfield has given Matthew Pavlich.

Hudson was on AFL 360 with host Gerard Whateley discussing the Fremantle captain’s contract extension.

Right at the end of the segment, ‘Huddo’ told viewers about an upcoming interview with Dangerfield where the Crows’ gun was asked to take the best parts of AFL players to construct the perfect footballer.

Hudson said Dangerfield’s response was:

“They’ve already made it, and it’s Matthew Pavlich.”

• Like 1

Saint Nick down in a heavy clash,gone for the game.

That was a cruncher to the head

Saints lost the game but they were competitive. Didn't help St Kilda having Nick subbed out so early.

Melbourne on the other hand..

What a drubbing

Edited by BookMan

Saint Nick down in a heavy clash,gone for the game.

That was a cruncher to the head

Saints lost the game but they were competitive. Didn't help St Kilda having Nick subbed out so early.

Melbourne on the other hand..

What a drubbing

nick wasn't subbed, the saints had already used thier sub when lonie went down in the 1st. Saints played a man down for the last 3 quarters
  • Like 2

Geelong ahead at half time by 10 points and could be an upset on the cards. Sydney's defence under pressure.

2 very soft 50 metre penalties for apparently stepping over the mark that led to easy shots on goal. How can you overstep the mark when the player has already hand-passed the ball???

Geelong ahead at half time by 10 points and could be an upset on the cards. Sydney's defence under pressure.

2 very soft 50 metre penalties for apparently stepping over the mark that led to easy shots on goal. How can you overstep the mark when the player has already hand-passed the ball???

The commentators I am listening to said that both Swans moved sideways not forward. They also questioned the 50 metres penalties. Those umpires again.

Another comment from the Carltons loss. " they could win a game of marbles"

• Like 1

The commentators I am listening to said that both Swans moved sideways not forward. They also questioned the 50 metres penalties. Those umpires again.

Another comment from the Carltons loss. " they could win a game of marbles"

It was pathetically soft and could be teh difference in teh game.

I can see why Tom Tradebait Mitchell has been playing reserves. He gets a heap of the ball but he

cannot kick to save his life. One missed goal. One out of bounds on the full. One clanger of the side of his boot!

And they were the better highlights of his first half kicking!

• Like 1

I can see why Tom Tradebait Mitchell has been playing reserves. He gets a heap of the ball but he

cannot kick to save his life. One missed goal. One out of bounds on the full. One clanger of the side of his boot!

Swannies ended up crushing Geelong. Tradebait Tom panicked about playing NEAFL next week so he kicked through 3 goals gigglem.gif

Parker...Outstanding performance. Would have to get the 3 Brownlow votes tonight.

Buddy, worth every penny of the $2 million a season we pay him. Let the defenders eat caviar on their pay packets i say!

• Like 1

Swannies ended up crushing Geelong. Tradebait Tom panicked about playing NEAFL next week so he kicked through 3 goals gigglem.gif

Parker...Outstanding performance. Would have to get the 3 Brownlow votes tonight.

Buddy, worth every penny of the $2 million a season we pay him. Let the defenders eat caviar on their pay packets i say!

Mitchell was equal 2nd with Josh Kennedy on 121 fantasy points for the night. He must have been playing well.

Buddy scored 108 and Parker scored 166

• Like 1

Mitchell was equal 2nd with Josh Kennedy on 121 fantasy points for the night. He must have been playing well.

Buddy scored 108 and Parker scored 166

Isn't fantasy points is all about accumulation and touches and stats...does it recognize his 3 4 atrocious kicks? He probably got 10 points for those. He should have lost 20 points i reckon.

I'll let him stay in for next week, but he needs to improve his delivery.tongue.png

• Like 2

Clean sweep in the tipping so far this week, 9 is looking good.

There are 9 of us in the frame for 9/9 this week..

Collingwood V Richmond game might split the field..

Richmond really want the win...Collingwood ..the big pretenders?

I know who Chimpy wants me to back...

• Like 2

Tipsters Sunday Dilemma

Well! here we are, Sunday, and NINE tipsters could be looking at a perfect 9/9

There is the 50/50 choice of Collingwood or Richmond. both under performed last week and need a win. On paper they both have some decent players to win the game

Then we have the Doggies v Freo. Doggies at their favored venue of Etihad stadium. Freo due for a loss. Could be an upset on the cards

I guess we have brissie v Port also. It would be a brave tipster that bets on the Lions to win...but maybe that's what is needed t win the round.

Decisions...decisions

• Like 1

Tipsters Sunday Dilemma

Well! here we are, Sunday, and NINE tipsters could be looking at a perfect 9/9

There is the 50/50 choice of Collingwood or Richmond. both under performed last week and need a win. On paper they both have some decent players to win the game

Then we have the Doggies v Freo. Doggies at their favored venue of Etihad stadium. Freo due for a loss. Could be an upset on the cards

I guess we have brissie v Port also. It would be a brave tipster that bets on the Lions to win...but maybe that's what is needed t win the round.

Decisions...decisions

Pies, Freo and Port for me.

Roos to send the Dees to Phuket or Sorrento? For a few days, hard 3 weeks and 6 out injured, who? even I don't recognise some of the names, need to freshen up the guys are tired says the man.

He said something about young team, Dawes should learn to keep his mouth shut he's hardly setting the world on fire form wise.

I say give em week off watching Freo or Swans train then March em over to the shrine in st Kilda rd to show the real meaning of courage .....yep that's wha I think.

Good News, Saint Nicholas has just been released from Hospital and will fly back to Melbourne tomorrow morning. Will probably miss 2 weeks.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Would there be any danger of Freo getting a free kick?

12 - 2 at half time with Dockers not getting a free in the 2nd quarterbah.gif

Umpires don't want to hear the Freo team song if they win...really, no one does

• Like 2