Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

29365529_2028867083797096_1191987921540874240_n.png

Lovely Sth Aussie K Cornes...always admired him and what he brought to the game....Buuuuuuut he didnt have his cornflakes this morning still i admire him for sticking his neck out so far.....As for Adam...he moved camp and retired to early says a lot about his prediction ....it is written in the sand......Tigers will struggle even to make the 8 this year...its 1981 all over again...

• Haha 2

Australian Football League 2018: How To Watch Live, Online

Some good news for AFL diehards, Expats can now watch every game live online via the AFL Official Website https://www.watchafl.com.au/

There is a cost of $33.00pm or $189.00 for the season

Up there Cazaly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g68asPZ4RKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3TBPgXrPLc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CM4Me said:

Some good news for AFL diehards, Expats can now watch every game live online via the AFL Official Website https://www.watchafl.com.au/

Up there Cazaly

And jump into our tipping and fantasy comp

6 hours ago, CM4Me said:

Up there Cazaly

Expensive

Chooks, what's your expectations for the Saints this year?

Top eight or not?

I know Richo's been extended until the end of 2020. I don't know why

clubs do that TBH.  Why not just wait until the halfway mark of the year?

Most people including myself think West Coast will slip this year.

I couldn't believe that Robert Walls picked us to win the spoon and Hutchy

on Footy Classified picked us to finish 17th.

Eight to 12th for me.

• Like 1

Will male players be able to take their suspensions to the human rights commission?

Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan out of AFLW Grand Final but will fight case in court.

THE courtroom — not the goalsquare — could await for Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan who gave up her fight to play in the AFLW Grand Final but will continue it at the Australian Human Rights Commission.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/aflw/western-bulldogs-captain-katie-brennan-out-of-aflw-grand-final-but-will-fight-case-in-court/news-story/fbf9e75f392f91e9f6594ba81f36d6c7

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2018 at 12:58 AM, Will27 said:

Chooks, what's your expectations for the Saints this year?

Top eight or not?

I know Richo's been extended until the end of 2020. I don't know why

clubs do that TBH.  Why not just wait until the halfway mark of the year?

Most people including myself think West Coast will slip this year.

I couldn't believe that Robert Walls picked us to win the spoon and Hutchy

on Footy Classified picked us to finish 17th.

Eight to 12th for me.

My 2 cents worth about extending contracts....the clubs would have factor in the sacking costs, contracts would also have some sort of out clause, most coaches are forced out...... mainly they do it to show solidarity, faith in the system and for team harmony dear WILL.....

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Will male players be able to take their suspensions to the human rights commission?

Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan out of AFLW Grand Final but will fight case in court.

THE courtroom — not the goalsquare — could await for Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan who gave up her fight to play in the AFLW Grand Final but will continue it at the Australian Human Rights Commission.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/aflw/western-bulldogs-captain-katie-brennan-out-of-aflw-grand-final-but-will-fight-case-in-court/news-story/fbf9e75f392f91e9f6594ba81f36d6c7

Its because the girls are not being treaded the same way as the men mr CHOOKs....katie is quite a honey I would not crawl over to get at you sir....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

ld do anyway.My 2 cents worth about extending contracts....the clubs would have factor in the sacking costs, contracts would also have some sort of out clause, most coaches are forced out...... mainly they do it to show solidarity, faith in the system and for team harmony dear WILL.....

I understand why they do it, but I don't think it's necessary.

Richardson was out of contract at the end of this year.

Why not wait until rounds 14 or 15 or even until the end of the year.

It's not like a club will headhunt him.

If the Saints are going well, re-sign him. If they're 4 - 10 for example,

flick him.

There would be no sacking costs apart from paying out his contract for the

year which they would do anyway.

Now if they have a shocking year, they cannot sack him.

I don't think it's a good business decision.

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Its because the girls are not being treaded the same way as the men mr CHOOKs....katie is quite a honey I would not crawl over to get at you sir....

Can't see how the girls are being treated differently they get to play AFL even tho the standard is worse than Auskick.   They get paid even tho their league creates zero revenue. They want to play a man's games but they want feminine rules and penalties.  They have played a dozen games and already have been crowned as legends, all time greats and superstars of football.  It's the real footballers, the men who are being treated differently Geez the guys even have to have a smidgen of talent to get drafted.  And as for Katie, Alex I don't think she is attracted to men and she probably wouldn't crawl over Mrs Alex to get to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Serena Williams has been demanding equal rights and rewards for female tennis players for yonks now   After all, men and women should be treated equally and fairly in all aspects of life, right?

From this point in time to ensure that there is no favouritism or division between the sexes, women will have to compete with men on the courts in five sets, not the three which they are used to. Williams may be lucky to scrape into the top 1000 ranked players, and her future earnings will plummet.

Yes, that is a ridiculous scenario, but my point is that so many female libbers' demands are based only on equality where it suits their agendas. Males are MUCH better than females at most sports which is why their prizemoney should be so much higher.

Crowds go to the men's tennis to watch the magnificent tennis. Crowds go to the women's tennis to watch the magnificent women.

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

Can't see how the girls are being treated differently they get to play AFL even tho the standard is worse than Auskick.   They get paid even tho their league creates zero revenue. They want to play a man's games but they want feminine rules and penalties.  They have played a dozen games and already have been crowned as legends, all time greats and superstars of football.  It's the real footballers, the men who are being treated differently Geez the guys even have to have a smidgen of talent to get drafted.  And as for Katie, Alex I don't think she is attracted to men and she probably wouldn't crawl over Mrs Alex to get to you.

I can't quite understand the rules. I thought Patrick Dangerfield was suspended last year for a sling tackle so can't understand why they are saying there are fines for a sling tackle. I worked at Etihad for several AFLW games. Being polite and politically correct, but referring to your "crawling over Mrs Alex" comment, the crowd (if you could call it that) were not very polite and hard ťo deal with.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

37 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

I can't quite understand the rules. I thought Patrick Dangerfield was suspended last year for a sling tackle so can't understand why they are saying there are fines for a sling tackle. I worked at Etihad for several AFLW games. Being polite and politically correct, but referring to your "crawling over Mrs Alex" comment, the crowd (if you could call it that) were not very polite and hard ťo deal with.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Rule now is 2500 for first offence 5000 second.

Womens league because of lower match payments chose to go the tribunal/game suspension route rather than getting hit with a fine.

• Like 2

At this point I'll just quote Forum rule 11.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Lets keep this topic on track, if you have issues with the AFLW and the sexuality of it's players this forum is not the place for them.

3 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Rule now is 2500 for first offence 5000 second.

Womens league because of lower match payments chose to go the tribunal/game suspension route rather than getting hit with a fine.

The rules you're referring to are for low level classified offences such as a punch to the guts.

I'm pretty sure Dangerfield got done for rough conduct and I don't think anything has changed from last year.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2018 at 1:06 AM, Will27 said:

I understand why they do it, but I don't think it's necessary.

Richardson was out of contract at the end of this year.

Why not wait until rounds 14 or 15 or even until the end of the year.

It's not like a club will headhunt him.

If the Saints are going well, re-sign him. If they're 4 - 10 for example,

flick him.

There would be no sacking costs apart from paying out his contract for the

year which they would do anyway.

Now if they have a shocking year, they cannot sack him.

I don't think it's a good business decision.

Key players would be coming out of contract...really its many things...i recall baily at the Dee's the players loved him.....couldnt win a game...cant have players holding off contract talks to see if the coach is going to be hanging around...the $ for the coache's sacking has been factored in...might not make sense to you and me and the average punter the fact all clubs are doing it means there is a very good reason for it.

• Like 1