Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Great shitmixer by Symkin on Christensen.

Worth 2 weeks,err No.(i could be biased)

The umpire on the spot didn't even call a free kick.

Not sure what else he could of done other then lead with his head and tackle.Looked like most of the damage came from not the impact but when he hit the ground.

I hope they challenge it and Christensen gets done for staging. 

5 hours ago, ripstanley said:

As Grant posted you get an additional trade during the bye rounds. That makes 3 per round during the byes. We are still playing during the bye rounds. 

Thank you sir.....Mr Christensen who scored -3 is concused and will be out next week and out off my team for good...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Thank you sir.....Mr Christensen who scored -3 is concused and will be out next week and out off my team for good...

By the lightest guy on North's list,ringing wet at 75kg.

In the fantasy it was a week for early injuries.

FJ knocking off Rip 2011-1868

Chooks had the better of Numbnuts 1897-851

And Grant's boys held on over the Delightful Dees 2064-2018

Good to see the scores starting to improve with 3 over 2000 this week.

Maybe Rip and Chooks have been waiting for the bye rounds to start to bolster their sides.

For me it's time to cash out on the juniors and mids hoping the new juniors coming in will get a game before seasons end,crystal ball stuff.

This week FJ v CCS

Rip v GA's

And DD's V NN's

Happy trading. 

17 hours ago, farmerjo said:

By the lightest guy on North's list,ringing wet at 75kg.

In the fantasy it was a week for early injuries.

FJ knocking off Rip 2011-1868

Chooks had the better of Numbnuts 1897-851

And Grant's boys held on over the Delightful Dees 2064-2018

Good to see the scores starting to improve with 3 over 2000 this week.

Maybe Rip and Chooks have been waiting for the bye rounds to start to bolster their sides.

For me it's time to cash out on the juniors and mids hoping the new juniors coming in will get a game before seasons end,crystal ball stuff.

This week FJ v CCS

Rip v GA's

And DD's V NN's

Happy trading. 

Bad timing for me to get NN dear Fj...was hoping for the bye weekend when the Dee's play as your well aware im loaded solid with real Dee players since there going so well...and we wont go there...already not even round 11 and local papers are proposing were the real deal and hot to trot for the flag this year...i kinda look away in disgust...pure filler as well all know some run too hot to early im pretty sure we will be just there at the end with questions being asked to why were dropping easy games just before the finals....

Of course i played Chris to go out for -3 this week....even id like to beat Grant who i dout ive beaten in a home and away...maybe once in the 3 and a bit seasons so far....there is method in my madness....i might be totally mad by the end of the season, going by last season few top mids who normally are the engine for scoring were scoring constantly.....and you need 4 or 5 of them to make a big impact...there even worse this year so far....even Mitchell at close to a million crawls threw a game every 3 or 4 weeks...Got on a winner with Angus...had him early in the year dropped him when he got dropped.....my mate Paul Roos whispered into my ear he thought he was going to be big eventually...and he has now turned that corner....paid 400,000 for him..eat your heart out...ho and Spargo, a famous North name got him dirt cheap like dirty deeds done dirt cheap, real Dee's picked him up with pick 29 there first pick of the draft last year is keeping Gartlet out of the team and he is in Red and Blue not White and Blue Fj... 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 5:17 PM, farmerjo said:

What's the word on Joel Smith Alex.

Will he break into the side and make me a few bucks.

Speaking of bucks,i suppose Lever will be off to Monaco for rehab with all the Dee's money. 

I took joel several weeks ago in anticipation of a start....any time soon....comes with big wraps would have debuted last season but got injured put him out for the year, he is sitting on my interchange bench just waiting....im waiting.....

Lever is only on 800,000 its Lorne he will go....

Big Mac signed up till 2022 this week...one former TV member and Swan supporter has been ragging me he would look good in a Swans jumper......and Nev Jetta is about too sign a new contract.....one by one all the loose ends are being tied no one wants out there is a real buzz about the MCG these days...

Ps...i have 8 Dees in my fantasy team 2 on the interchange 6 in the 18, 4 of them scored over 100, 141, 133, 141 and 126....?

• Like 1

If the Dees do the Magpies by 6 goals this week i would call them nearly the real deal.

The other test would be how they respond to a loss.(if they have another one)

I see Chris Judd has been down to Norths train station,seen it was popular this year and jumped on 

to view North as a top 4 contender now.

Not sure i would go that far but like you,Ozzy and Will i'm enjoying the rise and looking forward to the Cats on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Neil was well liked and the fact he is so positive in his struggle with MND is a credit to him, as a coach he stayed one year to long i thought 2, had his moments also had a better crop of players under him than Northey who i thought has been out best coach in the modern era, i was disgusted when they did not renew Northey's contact he had the score on the board with an ordinary list..

Ben would look great in Red and Navy Blue dont think he will go anywhere they will throw a bucket of money at him,  Tom Rojic a Socceroo and probably the best of them resigned with Celtic for 5 more years this week, he could have expected to have a few hounds looking him over, the World Cup is a recruiting bonanza for clubs even Celtic is a big club there nothing compared to the likes in Spain and England let alone Italy and France.......dont think its McGovern there looking at...didnt he switch to the Crows this year?

It certainly pleasant when your club is traveing well...even OLD WILL would be dancing around the cow shed up there in the deserts of Udon...

• Like 2

Well Well Well the pressure is off the Dee's.......in todays big little payer on line one headline was...."North for the flag...why not?"

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/north-for-the-flag-why-not-20180607-p4zk2y.html

Lap it up FJ it only lasts half a season....

Buy seasons end we both will be singing that old fella Rod Stewarts song...."if you want my body and you think im sexy come on over and touch me" yes we both will get touched up comes finals time...

Ahhh.......its a lovely dark grey day in Melbourne today makes you wish it was Saturday so you could sit and watch a game...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Is the state of the game to blame for dismal AFL TV ratings?

As calls grow for higher scoring, football may be less central to Australian culture than it was

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/12/is-the-state-of-the-game-to-blame-for-dismal-afl-tv-ratings

Press fodder, were in bye mode games spread over a long weekend when every one goes to the snow in Melbourne accept Dee supporters who this year turned out in droves, sport is big business and everyone knows it, journalists with to much time on there hands, cutting back news departments mean they spend more time at home with less resources....wait I will talk to my niece she's one of them, yep they make up stories when they can't find anything worthy like a Trump tweet or a new fad diet wait theres even more... a set of steak knives come with your online news paper subscription if you sign up before June 30.

• Like 1

Fantasy wrap for round 12 that had some close games.

Delightful Dees 1668 rolled along against Numbnuts 653

FJ 1571 knocked off Chooks boys 1510 

And the upset of the round with Rip 1475 getting over the line of ladder leader GA's 1406.

A couple of normally consistent players(Brayshaw,Beams etc) had dockers,i mean shockers.

The games continue on through the bye rounds with this week starting thursday

FJ v GA's, apologies Grant i will only have about 13 on the field as taking cash grabs this week.

CCS's take  on the Delightful less Dees with Alex committing to drop poor performers from the red and blue.

And Rip to make it two in a row over Numbnuts.

I'm off to Laos this week and internet might not be good so feel free to post the scores for the next few weeks.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Fantasy wrap for round 12 that had some close games.

Delightful Dees 1668 rolled along against Numbnuts 653

FJ 1571 knocked off Chooks boys 1510 

And the upset of the round with Rip 1475 getting over the line of ladder leader GA's 1406.

A couple of normally consistent players(Brayshaw,Beams etc) had dockers,i mean shockers.

The games continue on through the bye rounds with this week starting thursday

FJ v GA's, apologies Grant i will only have about 13 on the field as taking cash grabs this week.

CCS's take  on the Delightful less Dees with Alex committing to drop poor performers from the red and blue.

And Rip to make it two in a row over Numbnuts.

I'm off to Laos this week and internet might not be good so feel free to post the scores for the next few weeks.

Yes Hibbered is on his way out, not that he's a bad player just as a defender the frees he gives away work against his score i will end up with 3 Dee players in the 18, keep Brayshaw who will reach elite standard this year though the pie game he copped a hammering but....he had a lot of mates with him, Gawn you cant take out, not yet and Mr Fritsch 1st year worth 566,000 now....he put his hand up on monday 99....Spargo the player North missed 70 this week and Smith you failed to add 80, story of Norths year and the reason they keept Scott over you end of last season Mr Fj...will remain cash earning cows as emergency's.

I had built up a rather large war chest was figuring too fine tune after the bye im not impressed with the standard of many over 600,00 might be the style of play but few are consistent, never the less my hand has been forced and have added some class to the midfield........

Ps....in a stroke of genius i added the Pies M Cox 114 against us needed a back up ruckman there so elusive you know...and i got him a lot less for what he costs now...

Loas you say.....your a real jetsetter they have internet there and its better than the condo i stay at in BKK...

• Like 1

I missed Smith on the 1st boat but picked him up this week so will make money on him as he needs two games for his average.Also did the same with Redmond from the Bombers and finally got rid of English and put Abbott from the Cats in as a smokey.

Don't leave your trades for to late in the year,a couple of injuries and things go pear shaped pretty quickly.

I will be out of cash pretty much after byes so then it will be tweaking for the remainder of the year.

Good luck.

Yes will be jet setting to Laos on the Chiropyum to Nong Khai express coach,easier and less stressful than driving to Khon Kaen then milk run flights to Bangers then Ventiene.

Will be up near Vang Vieng but the party days of old have been deserted there for years so no potential of any recruits for the Kangarooettes. 

Need to find a way to claw back GS in the tipping,thought i'd pulled a couple of sneakies the last couple of weeks only to view tips to see he had the same. The games this week could be really good or really bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I missed Smith on the 1st boat but picked him up this week so will make money on him as he needs two games for his average.Also did the same with Redmond from the Bombers and finally got rid of English and put Abbott from the Cats in as a smokey.

Don't leave your trades for to late in the year,a couple of injuries and things go pear shaped pretty quickly.

I will be out of cash pretty much after byes so then it will be tweaking for the remainder of the year.

Good luck.

Yes will be jet setting to Laos on the Chiropyum to Nong Khai express coach,easier and less stressful than driving to Khon Kaen then milk run flights to Bangers then Ventiene.

Will be up near Vang Vieng but the party days of old have been deserted there for years so no potential of any recruits for the Kangarooettes. 

Need to find a way to claw back GS in the tipping,thought i'd pulled a couple of sneakies the last couple of weeks only to view tips to see he had the same. The games this week could be really good or really bad.

Ahhhh you worry to much....Grant wont be caught by me or you though i will let you have your dream...its fantasy were you can make your mark...

The idea for toping up after the bye was to lure you and Grant into a false sense of security lol....You know its mind games...lol...i poped in 3 decent players this week and still have comfortable reserve the main problem is finding players worth there price...

The TGF flavour of the month has requested a week in Loas glad she choose Luang Prabang over Vientiene though she said we can go to both places....just like a Thai, they love to fly and sit in a car all day....all in 5 nights too...i of course have knocked that on the head im a relaxed traveller by the way she would be a good in the ruck...the Stynes type long and lean....Ps...Loa girls to short for AFL womens they come up to your knees and far to light weight...and where do you live in Thailand...i might come vist you if it no to hard....hahaha

Edited by AlexRRR

I just checked the overall tipping rankings.    All 16 punters in the top 1000 who missed out on a win in the Port - Dogs game tonite had the same margin of 57 points.   How much did Port win by?  Yep, 57 points.

The Thursday evening game seems to have caught a few off guard.    Again.    555

7a67fb85cd794f8443e3759ce9cea892--the-boxer-boxer-dogs (1).jpg

Edited by Radar501
  • Haha 1

Mick Malthouse rates every premiership contender with 10 rounds to go

MICK MALTHOUSE, Herald Sun
June 16, 2018 3:00pm

THERE are three sides in the top eight who would consider themselves a genuine chance of winning the premiership this year — West Coast, Richmond and Collingwood.

There are another three teams who need to be consistently at their best to be put in the same bracket — Geelong, Melbourne and Port Adelaide.

FEUD: MALTHOUSE LAUNCHES PERT ATTACK

ROBBO: WHY SAINTS SHOULD CONSIDER BILLINGS TRADE

Round 13 is when you start thinking about finals.

About who you still need to play to secure your spot.

About areas in your game you need to fine-tune.

About keeping your players fit and healthy and out on the ground performing.

WEST COAST

Despite Friday night’s loss, I still see West Coast as the complete team. It has speed through the middle and in-form key forwards — though Jack Darling is sidelined with an ankle injury. Mark LeCras has added a new dimension to his game to become another classy forward and Josh Kennedy is a beacon.

The Eagles have a solid backline, a firing Nic Naitanui in the ruck and Willie Rioli is a revelation in his pursuit to tackle and put pressure on the opposition. Tom Cole is another standout youngster among many.

The team looks rejuvenated. It has lost its slow tag and instead looks young, enthusiastic and quick.

With its remaining draw I have no doubt West Coast will finish in the top two and its biggest test will be against Collingwood in Round 17 at the MCG, where it played its worst game for the year when it beat Carlton by 10 points in Round 5.

The Eagles need to be better than good in this match, and if they triumph, their premiership odds will shorten significantly.

RICHMOND

Richmond has dropped just three games this year. Its losses have, interestingly, all been interstate games — against Adelaide, West Coast and Port Adelaide.

I’m not sure travel was the problem though, I think the quality of the opposition was.

I wonder if it’s time for the Tigers to look at their forward line structure and introduce two main targets instead of just one. Jack Riewoldt has had to carry that load for one-and-a-half years now and it can become overbearing. He certainly hasn’t let the side down, but he needs help.

Richmond plays four teams currently in the top eight in the remaining home-and-away rounds. If it can keep its list relatively healthy it should continue to occupy a top-two position, or at least finish top four, thereby earning a double chance.

It will be buoyed by the return of Daniel Rioli, who could have a major impact on its fate.

The Tigers know how to win a premiership, so look out.

SYDNEY

As good as Sydney has been, it has the toughest draw of the top-eight sides, with five of the top sides still to play.

I admire the way they play — and picked them to win with a significant home-ground advantage on Friday night — but I can’t see West Coast having to travel to the SCG for a final.

And I have some serious doubts that the Swans can have any impact on the finals — if they make the eight. They are very reliant on a fit and firing Lance Franklin.

Beyond him they rely heavily on Josh Kennedy, Dan Hannebery and Luke Parker to deliver the goods from the stoppages, but all three have been inconsistent this year.

Callum Sinclair has stood up and added to his game by becoming a goalscorer. Jarrad McVeigh is outstanding, always, for Sydney. And Heath Grundy holds the talls together in the backline. But there are too many inconsistencies throughout the team as a whole.

The clubs that will bother the Swans in September are those with enough pace to out-spread them.

Callum Mills is a massive out. Isaac Heeney has been good, but not as terrific as he should be because of his yips in front of goal (he’s kicked 12.11 this year). The Swans will be hoping Sam Reid can return from injury to back up Franklin, but even that impact won’t be enough for another shot at the cup.

GEELONG

Sunday afternoon’s game will tell us more about Geelong than its previous four games, which delivered three wins and a loss.

The Cats seem to have it all. A solid backline with Harry Taylor and Lachie Henderson to return soon. A midfield that is reputed to be the greatest of all time. And a forward line that can kick a big score.

But something has gone awry in the middle of the ground this year. The Cats can’t settle on a ruckman — Rhys Stanley and Zac Smith have both been disappointing for too long.

Dangerfield has been robbed of midfield time and it’s telling.

No one can question the endeavour or courage of captain Joel Selwood, but I have a suspicion that years of punishment are taking its toll on his body. And Gary Ablett is good when Geelong is good, but he’s not as good when the ball is turned over, which happens often against quality sides.

For the Cats to go places this season, they need to bring in Scott Selwood to take out one of the opposition’s better ball getters (like Trent Cotchin or Dustin Martin today). They also need Daniel Menzel. His return from injury will be interesting, but Geelong will be better with him in the team.

The Cats have a kind draw, with only three of the top teams still to play, so they should finish just inside or just outside the top four. Regardless, the Cats will need a lot going right to win the premiership, because their loss to Essendon in Round 9 exposed a lack of intensity, which sometimes haunts them.

MELBOURNE

What are the Demons going to do?

They’ll have a long answer if we ask them, because no one can pump themselves up the way the Demons can.

Melbourne dropped its first game against Geelong, but it’s the three other losses which have been the most damning. Three big games, one a stand-alone match.

I wonder whether not going on the pre-season training camp is coming back to haunt the Demons? It was going to test them physically and mentally, but right now they are being comprehensively beaten mentally and physically by good opposition.

Raw talent alone will keep the Demons in the eight, but the “sometimes handpass at all cost, anywhere and everywhere approach” will be their undoing. Very few sides that handpass more than kick win games in September, because quality opposition will intercept and take the ball off them.

Simon Goodwin has done a marvellous job of introducing camaraderie and belief among the group, but only Tom McDonald stood up for him against Collingwood. Jesse Hogan, Bernie Vince and Jordan Lewis didn’t.

They were simply bullied last week and there was no resistance. Unless this changes, I can’t see them progressing through the finals.

COLLINGWOOD

I’ve already said a lot about Collingwood.

The Magpies have a dream run home with six games at the MCG, so they’ll be knocking on the door of the top four by then. If not the top two.

The Magpies’ biggest tests will be in Rounds 17 and 19 against West Coast and Richmond. They lost to the Tigers in Round 6 and are yet to play the Eagles.

Collingwood won last week without the likes of Ben Reid, Alex Fasolo, Jamie Elliott and Darcy Moore — each of whom would boost any team.

The Magpies have the game structure to go all the way, with the best midfield/ruck combination in the competition. That’s where it starts and finishes.

NORTH MELBOURNE

North Melbourne is an example of what a coach and a hardworking team can do together.

Ben Brown is a star, but he’s not the only reason the Kangaroos are in the eight, to the surprise of most.

They are tough, unrelenting and have good outside spread.

Brad Scott would be proud of his players. A berth in the finals is theirs to take or lose, and their biggest challenges are ahead of them in Rounds 17, 18 and 19 against Sydney, Collingwood and West Coast respectively.

While they has the game structure to go deep into September, I don’t think the Kangaroos have the class and depth of numbers found among some of their top opponents to go all the way.

PORT ADELAIDE

Port Adelaide is an enigma.

It’s hard to get a handle on a team which promises so much, delivers the unexpected and then loses by a kick to Hawthorn.

In a reversal of last year, in which it couldn’t beat a team in the eight, this season Port has already taken the scalps of Richmond, Adelaide and Sydney.

Paddy Ryder has made a spectacular contribution but they still need a lot more from Charlie Dixon and Jack Watts, who have been too inconsistent.

Chad Wingard’s return to form could be the catalyst to push for a top-four finish.

They have only three of the top eight sides still to play, and if they can beat them, they could finish with a double chance. After that, with Port, anything can happen.

THE REST

Pushing to play finals still are Greater Western Sydney, Adelaide and Hawthorn.

Injuries have smashed the Giants and the Crows this season, with too many good players watching on from the sidelines. When those players return it can take weeks to find form and by then it might be too late.

Both clubs have a horrific run home, too, with games against five and six of the top eight sides respectively. I think it will be too much for them.

Hawthorn, conversely, has only Geelong and Sydney from the top eight still to face. As the old saying goes in football — you have to win the games you should win (which generally means the teams below you.) So with that in mind, they should have enough wriggle room to push for the eight.

The Hawks have lost predictably to very good teams, but the loss to the Brisbane Lions, while not mortal, has left their season teetering.

They have a good side, but not a great side any more. They need more consistency and multiple goalkickers, so Luke Breust, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo and Jack Gunston need to be contributors every week.

Cyril Rioli’s absence won’t help, but the good news is the impending return of Grant Birchall. And Jonathon Ceglar will provide much needed support for Ben McEvoy.

It’ll be a race. A very tight race in the end. And while there’s still half a season left to play, we can be assured that only the best teams will be left standing at the end of August.

• Like 1