Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I was lucky. Picked Richmond and then changed to Essendon. I then returned to Richmond. I do not know why,

GWS was a big disapointment. I thought that they would have had a big chance.

Gazman is the current leader of the round on margin.

Will27 also with 5/6 is the new leader overall.

Sorry Bookman for your bad news

Nice one Rip. I feel like that every week. Really, I thought Essendon would be too good for Richmond.

Luckily for Chimpy, Collingwood and St Kilda won, so he is saved from sleeping in the laundry this week.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Sorry to be late getting this up but I've just had an accident while clearing some water from a downpour that partially flooded the floor tiles on our ground floor.

Silly bugger slipped, fell over backwards and finished up with blood everywhere from a split on the back of my skull.Tickles a bit .

attachicon.gifRound 9.JPG

Do your round 10 tips now, while you are still dizzy. haha.

Or maybe with concussion you cannot play next week on cautionary medical grounds.

Your score, Home games ... max 5. Or is it away games? anyway max 5.

Really, Trust you will be ok. Too tough to kill with a knock to the head.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

This weeks winner in Gazman with 7/9. Good tipping. The overall leader in Carnegie Joe. Will27 is one behind.

Nice one Gazman. Great effort

KhunWillyWonka..what happened mate? NEVER pick North in a fifty/fifty. tongue.png

Mate, I didn't think it was a fitty fitty!

Was feeling really confident at half time.

I should've known thoughfacepalm.gif

Good come back by yourself buddy. You were really looking in the poo for a while there.

• Like 1

NaitaaaaaaaaNuuiiiiii !!!

Mark of the round.

24 kicked points, ?? At their home ground?

West Coast looking good this year...The last month, anyway

Young Jeremy McGovern is working well down back...

I've been staggered at the improvement.

Although he didn't play today, Yeo has been huge for us.

I reckon by winning today, we will make the eight.

If we get can get over North next week, I might even dream of top 4.

McGovern has been great from day 1.

We will be a lot better if we get Darling back soon.

• Like 2

This weeks winner in Gazman with 7/9. Good tipping. The overall leader in Carnegie Joe. Will27 is one behind.

Nice one Gazman. Great effort

KhunWillyWonka..what happened mate? NEVER pick North in a fifty/fifty. tongue.png

Mate, I didn't think it was a fitty fitty!

Was feeling really confident at half time.

I should've known thoughfacepalm.gif

Good come back by yourself buddy. You were really looking in the poo for a while there.

I can't take credit for Chimpy's picks mate...

Another fitty/fitty this week for North v West Coast?

Ladder placings Round 9 2014, Round 9 2015.

Here are the ladder placing for 2014 and 2015 for round 9. Makes for some interesting reading. (Brisbane,Carlton & Gold Coast are missing from 2015)

post-147205-0-99790000-1433112180_thumb.

post-147205-0-98799100-1433112178_thumb.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Jeez...Eddie can't keep his mouth shut!

Some of these commentators, fair dinkum! I mean, we can't have these uppity little black fellas doing things on their own now can we?

"Eddie McGuire reckons Adam Goodes should have flagged his intention to perform an indigenous war dance well before he did so last Friday night.

The Collingwood president said if the Sydney veteran had explained the significance of the dance it would have educated supporters, and as such would have been less confrontational.

Besides that, however, McGuire reiterated he did not like that Goodes, a two-time Brownlow medallist, had chosen to "run straight towards a group of fans in an aggressive manner" at the SCG..."

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/eddie-mcguire-adam-goodes-should-have-warned-crowd-about-war-dance-20150601-ghe00g.html

Jeez...Eddie can't keep his mouth shut!

Some of these commentators, fair dinkum! I mean, we can't have these uppity little black fellas doing things on their own now can we?

"Eddie McGuire reckons Adam Goodes should have flagged his intention to perform an indigenous war dance well before he did so last Friday night.

The Collingwood president said if the Sydney veteran had explained the significance of the dance it would have educated supporters, and as such would have been less confrontational.

Besides that, however, McGuire reiterated he did not like that Goodes, a two-time Brownlow medallist, had chosen to "run straight towards a group of fans in an aggressive manner" at the SCG..."

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/eddie-mcguire-adam-goodes-should-have-warned-crowd-about-war-dance-20150601-ghe00g.html

Word around Bondi is he still hasn't called Goodesy...

• Like 1

I like the reasoning behind this.

UMPIRING chief Wayne Campbell then joined the coaches to discuss a slight rule change.

The AFL announced that if a player drives his head into the tackler, that will now be counted as their prior opportunity and won’t be ruled as play-on.

Subsequently, the umpire will pay holding the ball if it occurs, so long as the tackler is not reckless in the first place.

• Like 2

I like the reasoning behind this.

UMPIRING chief Wayne Campbell then joined the coaches to discuss a slight rule change.

The AFL announced that if a player drives his head into the tackler, that will now be counted as their prior opportunity and won’t be ruled as play-on.

Subsequently, the umpire will pay holding the ball if it occurs, so long as the tackler is not reckless in the first place.

Should stop some of the soft free kicks

• Like 1

I like how they dubbed it the "Lindsay Thomas rule"

clap2.gif

Say what you like about Duck, but, I reckon he's bang on the money here...

"Carey also had some choice words for Sydney forward Kurt Tippett, saying that if he was in the Swans’ position, he’d be “looking at what he could do with Tippett right now”, in terms of putting him on the trade table.

“Why not bite the bullet?” Carey said. “You’d have a bit of money in the salary cap and you’d get some good options.”

Good to see Swans Chairman sticking it to Eddie... http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-chairman-tells-eddie-mcguire-to-butt-out-of-latest-adam-goodes-debate-20150601-ghe7wb.html

Eddie still hasn't spoke to Goodesy either wink.png

Edited by GrantSmith

clap2.gif

"Carey also had some choice words for Sydney forward Kurt Tippett, saying that if he was in the Swans’ position, he’d be “looking at what he could do with Tippett right now”, in terms of putting him on the trade table.

“Why not bite the bullet?” Carey said. “You’d have a bit of money in the salary cap and you’d get some good options.”

Good to see Swans Chairman sticking it to Eddie... http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-chairman-tells-eddie-mcguire-to-butt-out-of-latest-adam-goodes-debate-20150601-ghe7wb.html

I like Duck, reckon he's really insightful.

Just watched him on Talking Footy. The boys didn't miss Brendon Goddard putting

in the shorts steps either. Especially after bagging Jack Ziebel for being weaktongue.png

• Like 1

clap2.gif

in the shorts steps either. Especially after bagging Jack Ziebel for being weaktongue.png

Tippet has DEF not performed to justify his earnings. I know he is doing a lot of ruck work, but he isnt worth that type of money for a back up ruck.. He was bought to kick goals. Win games.

PS. Is the Talking Footy show freely available?

Edited by BookMan

Interesting week of games approaching? Early thoughts anyone?

Freo v Richmond

Carl v Adelaide

Gold Coast v Syd

Ess v Geelong

Port v Western B

GWS v Brissie

North V West Coast

ST Kilda v hawks

Melb V Collingwood

Interesting week of games approaching? Early thoughts anyone?

Freo v Richmond

Carl v Adelaide

Gold Coast v Syd

Ess v Geelong

Port v Western B

GWS v Brissie

North V West Coast

ST Kilda v hawks

Melb V Collingwood

Freo's due to drop a couple but I don't think the Tiges will have the tail to out run Freo...

Essendon are a bit of a basket case at the moment after showing promise, Geelong will be looking to step up after going down to West Coast. My early pick is Geelong...

Port have started their annual choke... Now that Cornes is gone can they get over the detachment syndrome they've been suffering and start playing footy... Granted they really haven't recovered from the flogging they got from the Bondi Billionaires but c'mon ladies...

North v West Coast... Only a fitty-fitty due to them playing in Tasmania... Let's see if Majak Daw gets a call up, if so I know where my tip's going to be placed...

Dees & Collingwood... I'm backing the Dees here early on... Might change my mind as the week gets on...

• Like 2

Looking like a cold and blustery Saturday afternoon in the Apple Isle.

Could be a case for gumboots at Blundstone Oval.

Going to be trying conditions for Eagles flight.

But…. Weagles by 9 points.

Looking forward to a great game.

Naittaaaanuuuuuuuiiii !!!!

• Like 2

clap2.gif

Tippet has DEF not performed to justify his earnings. I know he is doing a lot of ruck work, but he isnt worth that type of money for a back up ruck.. He was bought to kick goals. Win games.

PS. Is the Talking Footy show freely available?

I don't think the latest episode in on youtube as yet.

Let me know if you want a copy.