Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Malthouse has written an article in the HS and has given his ladder for next year.

Chooks and Scea will be happy but not Rip and BM.

TOP EIGHT

Richmond

GWS Giants

West Coast

Collingwood

Brisbane Lions

Western Bulldogs

St Kilda

Port Adelaide

PREMIER

GWS Giants

WOODEN SPOON

Sydney

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Will27 said:

it did cross my mind an empty Octopus statuim would more like help than hinder, though the Dee's have won there often enough

I see....Demons have won there over Eagles and Dockers enough for it not to scare us, like I know its a kind of fortress for the Eagles but still....a good team can win anywhere as do the Eagles when they go east...

Even so with the balancing of the clubs in terms off win loss ratio a loss in Perth isnt an end, again a good club WILL use it to spurr them on next time....If you cant win on the road you wont win the flag....simple....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Malthouse has written an article in the HS and has given his ladder for next year.

Chooks and Scea will be happy but not Rip and BM.

TOP EIGHT

Richmond

GWS Giants

West Coast

Collingwood

Brisbane Lions

Western Bulldogs

St Kilda

Port Adelaide

PREMIER

GWS Giants

WOODEN SPOON

Sydney

The way things are shaping up its a strong possibility that the season maybe suspended and even cancelled, if we start to see bigger numbers coming down with the virus its going to be all over red rover....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You're on the money honey.

Starting from the top.

AFL's $5 million doomsday scenario to clubs

By WWOS staff14 Mar 2020 15:45

The AFL has reportedly told all 18 clubs to find up to $5 million to offset the staggering impact of the coronavirus outbreak.

According to the Herald Sun, clubs could see a quarter of their playing lists affected by the virus this year.

The report also states that the league is set to hold talks with the AFL Players' Association to discuss the likelihood of players taking pay cuts.

"The league is believed to have told clubs they will not help them fight the economic tsunami that is on the horizon unless they are prepared to streamline their own operations, including football department expenditure," the report read.

"If the clubs can do that, the AFL would agree to help keep the clubs operational if the crisis runs longer than expected.

"Given the clubs are all different in terms of their financial status, it was agreed there wouldn't be a percentage placed on the savings required from each club, but it will range between $3 million and $5 million for each organisation.

"The AFL told the club presidents and chairmen that the league's highest paid administrators will take pay cuts in an effort to save as many football jobs as possible.

The 12-person AFL executive last year earned $10.7 million at an average of $894,000."

Well you know people get stood down for a week or two from there jobs and cop it sweet, so yes i agree in principle, some of these guys like Lance Franklin, Andy Gaff and Tim Kelly can afford a cut in salary for the good of the gravey train that has bougth them several mansions and excotic sports cars....not to mention the high manitiance model wife  and girl freinds....a few less trips out to the coffee shops and eating a chop for dinner wont do them any harm...

Like the AFL's response on this nice forward thinking rather refreshing concidering my view of them is tainted, me unlike slasher Bookman dont or wont fire staff to balance books....send them home, they can have the option of annual leave in or no pay like the rest of the country if it gets to that point...

Scott Mo has delivered a multi billion dollar package to help so you know guys give it a go...though most pensioners here in AU are rather pleased about getting $750 for nothing....when they would be thinking that money could be better spent in other ways....

55 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Head of the rugby league saying the government has to step in financially to support the game.

I reckon all the sports bodies need to look in house first before they start putting out the hand for monies.

Slash costs... drop staff... reduce salaries...Drop the aflw.

Plenty of small businesses and wage earners going to be doing it far tougher.

Organised sport will survive no Matter what,  maybe with a reality check regarding income and expenditures

Agree drop the AFLW as it costs a couple of mil and no returns

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

You're on the money honey.

Starting from the top.

AFL's $5 million doomsday scenario to clubs

By WWOS staff14 Mar 2020 15:45

The AFL has reportedly told all 18 clubs to find up to $5 million to offset the staggering impact of the coronavirus outbreak.

According to the Herald Sun, clubs could see a quarter of their playing lists affected by the virus this year.

The report also states that the league is set to hold talks with the AFL Players' Association to discuss the likelihood of players taking pay cuts.

"The league is believed to have told clubs they will not help them fight the economic tsunami that is on the horizon unless they are prepared to streamline their own operations, including football department expenditure," the report read.

"If the clubs can do that, the AFL would agree to help keep the clubs operational if the crisis runs longer than expected.

"Given the clubs are all different in terms of their financial status, it was agreed there wouldn't be a percentage placed on the savings required from each club, but it will range between $3 million and $5 million for each organisation.

"The AFL told the club presidents and chairmen that the league's highest paid administrators will take pay cuts in an effort to save as many football jobs as possible.

The 12-person AFL executive last year earned $10.7 million at an average of $894,000."

I am constantly ahead of the pack... reminds me of tipping:coffee1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well you know people get stood down for a week or two from there jobs and cop it sweet, so yes i agree in principle, some of these guys like Lance Franklin, Andy Gaff and Tim Kelly can afford a cut in salary for the good of the gravey train that has bougth them several mansions and excotic sports cars....not to mention the high manitiance model wife  and girl freinds....a few less trips out to the coffee shops and eating a chop for dinner wont do them any harm...

Like the AFL's response on this nice forward thinking rather refreshing concidering my view of them is tainted, me unlike slasher Bookman dont or wont fire staff to balance books....send them home, they can have the option of annual leave in or no pay like the rest of the country if it gets to that point...

Scott Mo has delivered a multi billion dollar package to help so you know guys give it a go...though most pensioners here in AU are rather pleased about getting $750 for nothing....when they would be thinking that money could be better spent in other ways....

Buddy can take a paycut for sure..so can 99 year extension Johnny Longmire.

30% reduction in pay to Steven May and Jake Lever should see Melbourne halve their salary payouts

• Like 1

I'm not a betting man but this must really throw the odds into chaos.

WC had the toughest draw according to Champion Data and now it's pretty much

an even playing field.

We miss out on doubling up with Collingwood, Geelong (away), Richmond, Freo and Port.

More to the point, does anyone think we'll get the 17 games in?

I think not.

• Like 1