Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Well done Bookman and Farmerjo for tipping Geelong. Bookman is climbing the ladder and now up to 4th. I had the right margin but wrong team.

w00t.gif

Melbourne v St Kilda is a tough one to pick..

Then again so is collingwood V GWS. I'll stick with GWS there...though, I originally thought GWS was at home but its teh MCG, soooooo....hmmmm...maybe Collingwood

Well done Bookman and Farmerjo for tipping Geelong. Bookman is climbing the ladder and now up to 4th. I had the right margin but wrong team.

w00t.gif

Melbourne v St Kilda is a tough one to pick..

Then again so is collingwood V GWS. I'll stick with GWS there...though, I originally thought GWS was at home but its teh MCG, soooooo....hmmmm...maybe Collingwood

Pick the Dees mr bookman.....double your money you will fly into 3rd position your a gambling man just do it don't canvas it here.

You can still change your pick on the woods game but i think you might be safe, Cloke can't kick 7 straight again and I'm sure GWS will give them more stick than we did.

Ive had both Port and Geelong, pick them they loose don't pick them they win looks like the Cats play better away from home is anyone else noticing that? Or is that Port? or both?

It's just Port and their annual choke... They'll make a late run and finish 5th...

• Like 1

A big blow for Collingwood as they rule out Grundy.

Pies rule out Grundy for Giants clash

COLLINGWOOD has withdrawn ruckman Brodie Grundy from its team to face Greater Western Sydney on Sunday after a training scare on Friday left him with a sore neck.

• Like 1

COLLINGWOOD has withdrawn ruckman Brodie Grundy from its team to face Greater Western Sydney on Sunday after a training scare on Friday left him with a sore neck.

Pies to win mate? Big expanses of the MCG...home crowd...

Pies to win mate? Big expanses of the MCG...home crowd...

I'm still not sure mate.

I reckon the big ground might help the GWS young guns.

NEWS FLASH.........................Jack Watts has not been mentioned in the media for 2 whole weeks. gigglem.gif

You keep saying you don't watch the media.

If you did, you would've seen he got a mention on a few footy shows for an insipid one

handed marking attemp in front of goal, at a crucial time in last weeks game agaisnt Coll..

Dropped it and the Pies ran the ball the length of the ground and scored a goal.

Roos's face in the coaches box said it all.

Couldn't find the mark in question so posted the one against my boystongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

NEWS FLASH.........................Jack Watts has not been mentioned in the media for 2 whole weeks. gigglem.gif

You keep saying you don't watch the media.

If you did, you would've seen he got a mention on a few footy shows for an insipid one

handed marking attemp in front of goal, at a crucial time in last weeks game agaisnt Coll..

Dropped it and the Pies ran the ball the length of the ground and scored a goal.

Roos's face in the coaches box said it all.

Couldn't find the mark in question so posted the one against my boystongue.png

Collingwood was happy to highlight it on their website tongue.png

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-06-08/watts-misses-swan-capitalises

• Like 1

probably because he was barely sighted last week

Now now bookie i watched the game last week....he was sighted

He has improved by an average of 10 over the last 3 weeks in fantasy football, a cheap player if he comes good over the second half of the season, i would like to see him play on a back flank full stop, Roos seems to want to play him around the middle yet the previous coach got good results playing him down back.....might be time to make that phone call.

Yep will i saw it too...i mean the fumble, i only read the Age for media, there a little bit more mature in content, pretty obvious to me that the boy lacks confidence and needs a how to tackle and use the body intensive.

Edited by AlexRRR

Freo V Gold Coast today....be a brave man who tipped the Gold Coast..

However...anyone think Gold Coast would be a decent bet for Top 4 in 2016?

I don't think so.

I still think hawthorn, sydney and freo should be top 4.

So that leaves only 1 spot and I reckon GWS have gone

past GC.

Maybe/hopefully WCE.

• Like 1

Freo V Gold Coast today....be a brave man who tipped the Gold Coast..

However...anyone think Gold Coast would be a decent bet for Top 4 in 2016?

I don't think so.

I still think hawthorn, sydney and freo should be top 4.

So that leaves only 1 spot and I reckon GWS have gone

past GC.

Maybe/hopefully WCE.

Gee i don't know about that...Tigers have a coach that played football like he would become a great coach, i wouldn't close the door on Hardwick just yet and Eade is a proven coach that has got every team he has coached up and its well recognised that GWS has lots and lots of talent, the day will come and it won't be too long when the teams you mentioned will slip due to ageing personal just look at the Cats, chooka made mention that Lyon didn't plan for the future and when he left the Saints pretty much had the over the hill gang running around.

The Swans and the Hawks have in the recent past slipped WCE and Port could be something anytime soon ( both clubs have a strong history) the Crows are too proud to not give it a go sooner rather than later.

You can forget about the Dees Saints and a few others.

• Like 1

Good to see James Brayshaw's call for North fans not to 'boo' Adam Goodes lasted as far as his first touch of the ball..

Umps are having an absolute shocker, can't believe they called play on against Ted Richards...

Butterfingers has been quite impressive today, Cinderella's playing well, Buddy's going to kick a bag I feel with 3 to halftime... How's Gary Rohan! Kicked a big bomb in the first and nailed his second (normally misses those)

Good to see the Suns come back today and play competitive footy... Maybe half the Freo team turned up but the Suns looked like they were at least worth playing AFL level footy...

• Like 2

Bookman you are the only one left to get the perfect round. That is 6/6 in the bye round. Good luck as there is no pressure.

Freo did play their get out of gaol card. I think that Mr Lyon would have been very upset with his team.

Swans played very well in the 2nd quarter but Norths won the 2nd half.

• Like 2

Bookman you are the only one left to get the perfect round. That is 6/6 in the bye round. Good luck as there is no pressure.

Freo did play their get out of gaol card. I think that Mr Lyon would have been very upset with his team.

Swans played very well in the 2nd quarter but Norths won the 2nd half.

According to AFL website, North Melbourne won. tongue.png

NORTH MELBOURNE 3.4 4.6 8.11 14.7 (91)

SYDNEY SWANS 4.3 9.5 12.7 10.15 (75)

GOALS

North Melbourne: Thomas 2, Higgins 2, Nahas 2, Petrie, Harvey, Wright, Dumont

Sydney Swans: Franklin 4, Goodes 3, Tippett 2, Rohan 2, Jetta, Cunningham, Hannebery

Collingwood up by 17 points at the end of the 3rd Q.

Difficult to watch GWS butcher so many chances and make so many errors. Maybe some stage fright on the big stage?

Can't see GWS coming back from here the way they are playing

Oh...My...Gosh!

Who would want to be a Melbourne supporter..laugh.png

How can u lose that with 40 seconds to go?

As for jack Watts...that last quarter he was awful...could have twice won the game for Melbourne

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1