Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

12 hours ago, ripstanley said:

The bookies have Demons $1.45 and Collingwood $2.79. They are not the underdogs

Demons were backed in against the Dockers and Swans to mr Rip...... telling you we are not the form team going in to this game.....Demons are not known for getting a win when there backs are to the wall....

I suggest we trade May north to the Swans for Isaac....end of the year, Swans well known for resurrecting careers that have stalled.....well in May it aint stalled its its just we'll....sitting at the bottom of a beer bottle....You can have his trouble making mate in Jake as a present as well....free...we give you pic 3 to take him....with pleasure.....

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Demons were backed in against the Dockers and Swans to mr Rip...... telling you we are not the form team going in to this game.....Demons are not known for getting a win when there backs are to the wall....

I suggest we trade May north to the Swans for Isaac....end of the year, Swans well known for resurrecting careers that have stalled.....well in May it aint stalled its its just we'll....sitting at the bottom of a beer bottle....You can have his trouble making mate in Jake as a present as well....free...we give you pic 3 to take him....with pleasure.....

I will have to decline your kind offer. If he came to Swans who would he hit.

• Haha 2

On 6/9/2022 at 10:25 AM, ripstanley said:

I will have to decline your kind offer. If he came to Swans who would he hit.

Dear Rip.....its the beer talking....other wise he is a nice guy and leader at the club....shame he cant give up the amber during the season....think Simone is a little peed off finding out half a dozen men where out on the grog one evening last week...Hes pretty good at keeping it positive but the latest press interview seen Simon a little bit shaken i think.....

Pies creamed us this game last year.....Demons not known to bounce back when backs to the wall......you would think...but the mids are down....its just not May missing Big Tom is out for like 10 weeks.....worth his weight in plastic Tom is.....even not doing anything up forward or a run around the park takes a quality player with him where ever he goes....:yes are due fora loss too....lkike there nt that good are they.....but....history says a lot....even the Eagles would do us this weekend.....

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 7:30 AM, Will27 said:

You ain't trading May Uncle Alex.

After Max, he's your most important player.

Swans don't need a key back anyway, they have the McCartin brothers.

I'm sure you'll bounce back.

We got the flag before i died.,......im happy......most teams dont go back to back......you see us Demon supporters are happy with not much....maybe im reincarnated in New Deli next time around....in 50 ys time......and be following the Rajasthan Eagles....playing out of Jaypur.,...i been there but all i seen were cows in the street....gees its a dirty country....slapped the back of an inter city busy seat on the wAy back to the Deli Tigers den and this big puff of dust formed in the bus....you would have though Jennie of i dream off Jennie was going to appear.....kiki bless her heart took it in her stride but i was blown away....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well if it isnt enough that Demon May is a Devil when the amber fluid is around...now Jack Watts has bought into Fjs delima.....Horne-Francis affair....what was Archer thinking? Crows offered up 3 first round picks for there first over this kid....Gees one player dont make a team...just look AT THE EAGLES....they traded out the kitchen sinks well as draft picks over Kelly and look where they are now....Silly silly silly.....i would have wrapped the kid up in a gold blanket and delivered personally in an uber.....

Well Jack would know.....a 50 year struggler wrapped up as the golden goose and sits  him in our biggest game of the year in the hardest position to play in his very first game and bingo....destroyed....

Now lot here think Jack was well bombed.....i say he was miss managed and at any other club would have flourished....Hawks are well known for you to be in the 2s for a few years.....I recall some "big time players" starting on the wing...like Depierdomenico, a few other Hawks as well....a few Bombers, even Paul Roos started his career on  the wing...i was at his first game by the way....

Jack says get out and go home....i agree....North have missed the boat there going now where well there going to Hobart if they want them as there dooooooooooooomed dooooomed doomed....When a crook and criminal like Archer who had the bloundry re calibrated and moved so he wouldnt get a conviction over belting up a few umps and dads at the jr footy well that says something....well it was so he could get in and run North wasnt it.....this guy is running the Shinboners into the ground Mr Fj.....my old boss would be turning in his grave he was a North man.....

Just look at Paddy.....Saints had him in the forward line which frustrated Chooks to no end......well recorded here....now look at him....stopping everything coming his way....Pay Roos knew how to play him....Simple tried to get him back forward...well off to Port he went....they didnt know how to play him as well it turned out, what did i see in  Jack Watts? well Jake Bowie something like that 17 is the type of player jack Watts should have been and was playing that roll in a dudd team but across the centre....Jack was pretty quick, wasnt a tackler or bust open the pack type, he was an  outsider, mopping up very good mark and could take a contested mark and his main strength was pin point accuracy, he could land it on ur chest at 40meters out....Under Paul he played some pretty good games....unfortunately that number 1 tag was hung around his neck like a noose......in the worst football team ever the worst run football team of maybe forever....this was in his first few years where he should have been developed.....

Well May will give up the grog as its brought him undone a few times, the team will get there mojo back but not against the lions, i expect Steve to BOG against the Lions as hes got a lot of respect to regain....Simon needs to move on Mitch Brown, he aint the answer, can move on  Dark Magic too....like what are you keeping them for, Mitch is useless if he cant take a mark.....my thinking is play the Weed and find out if hes AFL level or cut end of year....I dont buy into that May out has been the issue.....we been traveling like a can of sardines all the way from Norway, on a sail boat, then you get two easy games where we took half a game to get going .....well we found the cat in  the room didnt we...well the cat pooooo that is.....Of course with some luck Choco could be the next demon coach no?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I'm hoping our Roo problems will be fixed with the new recruiters.

Wouldn't mind moving Noble on as well,plenty of coaches out there now.

Something is not right,players out of position and not showing any interest.

Gone backwards this year and unbearable to watch our forwards out manned at every contest.

Your Dees new the deal with May,remember when Campbell Brown broke his jaw on a trip.

Still i'd rather be in your shoes Alex,give Gawn as much time as he likes,Petracca needs a rest too.

You only really need to make the eight i think.

Sooooo sorry Mr Fj, whats going on at Rooland looks all very similar to me, Archer is taking you to the ground and fast, he is behind the scenes pulling strings....he will have to go....cut adrift on memory bliss.....sail off into the4 sunset and let the men run the club...

Hey if your Number 1 is looking to leave after half a season what have you got?

What was it......???? the fella who went off to the Gaints after 2 ys....number 1 pick at Demons, smart enough to know he was on a sinking ship took the 6 million and ran....Jackie silly boy stayed....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I don't think many did Chooks.

You've gone from fighting for a top 4 spot to fighting for a place in the 8.

Yea with a horrendous run home all top eight sides who we play twice apart from West Coast who is the only team outside we play.  Need at least 4 more wins to be a chance at finals.

• Like 2

Well gang

That's it for another round.

Three picked 8 with Rip and FJ getting the Chokito's for being closest to the margin.

No change at the top but Scea's lead has been cut to two.

Until next week.

image.png.f85384efe743fed550cc6c355116baf5.png

• Like 2

I missed this one when it first came out.
A $1000 fine, now $1500 for ripping a blokes headband off!

Seems the AFL want the characters out and robots in.

Hawk’s headband fine upheld

Hawthorn’s James Sicily has failed in his bid to overturn a charge of misconduct for ripping off Bulldog Aaron Naughton’s headband during the third quarter of their clash last round.

The AFL originally offered Sicily a $1000 fine with an early plea. However, the 27-year-old defender decided to submit a written submission to challenge it.

But the charge was upheld on Wednesday, resulting in an increased fine of $1500.

The two players engaged in a tussle during the game at Marvel Stadium on Friday, which left Naughton with a ripped guernsey and his headband yanked off.

Anyone who can remember the great interstate games of the 60s will recall Neil Kerley, former SA captain and five times state league premiership coach, sadly killed in a car accident today at the age of 88.

A popular tale of when he was coaching was that on Friday nights he would warn players of the dangers of sapping their strength with sex the night before the game with a loud "...and keep off your bl##dy knees".

Apparently the players were not too concerned because it was agreed that "Kerls" was so square he only knew of the missionary position.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Anyone who can remember the great interstate games of the 60s will recall Neil Kerley, former SA captain and five times state league premiership coach, sadly killed in a car accident today at the age of 88.

A popular tale of when he was coaching was that on Friday nights he would warn players of the dangers of sapping their strength with sex the night before the game with a loud "...and keep off your bl##dy knees".

Apparently the players were not too concerned because it was agreed that "Kerls" was so square he only knew of the missionary position.

Loved Knuckles.

• Like 1