Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

In other news, strong mail that Lews Jetta wants to go to WC (sorry boys).

Yeah, seems like jetta will go and he is a big loss. He is doing the classic, 'wait till the season ends to announce things'. But the fact Sydney has gone super quiet about it all says a lot too.

How do you think he will fit in at West coast? How will they use him?

Reckon as an outside runner, he would love Domain Stadium.

I still like him on a wing or maybe turn him into a running half back.

WC have an excess of half back flankers so probably on a wing.

Keep Gaff on the other wing and use Mastif Masten more through the midfield

and half forward.

Edited by Will27

At least a bit of good news this week for the Swans with Hanners storming home

to beat Fyfe by a point in the AFLCA award.

Star Swan swoops to pip Fyfe for AFLCA's top player award

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-08/swan-swoops-on-aflca-gong

yeah, Ffyfe missing those games helped.

What about the Brownlow?

Fyfe looked a lock..then from round 13 onwards.... loss of form then injury.

Could we see a smokie coming through?

I reckon Fyfe probably won't poll after round 12 or 13 and may get pipped at the post.

Danger, Pridda, Mitchell (hope not) and Hanners would all be up there I think.

• Like 1

Jesse Hogan's taken out this years NAB Rising Star (taking 49 from 50 votes) beating Cripps from Carlton, Dom Sheed, Isaac Heeney and teammate Angus Brayshaw...

Full Rising Star votes

Jesse Hogan 49

Patrick Cripps 41

Dom Sheed 27

Isaac Heeney 12

Angus Brayshaw 8

Touk Miller 6

Adam Saad 3

Jake Lever 2

Jordan De Goey 1

Jackson Thurlow 1

• Like 1

I wonder if this medical condition existed when he was signed to a long term, extremely rich contract?

And if it did was it declared?

Hopeful it’s not career ending.

I'm sure there is a clause in the contract to anticipate this or similar eventualities.

It has been a interesting year in the AFL this 2015 season.

Seems each week has its own unique drama.

Physiologists are being kept busy this year at Sydney.

Get well soon Buddy.

Word from Robbo at the Herald Sun is that is to do with his epilepsy. Apparently he had an episode at a Cafe on Friday, was cleared by the docs at hospital and played against the Suns on Saturday. Bit of big effort to get up and about after that.

This goes back to when it first came out when he crashed his missus's Jeep last year.

I'm still backing Depression as the root cause here....

Like others have said, I wish him a speedy recovery from what ever the problem may be and get on top of it ready to make a comeback next year.

I could stand corrected here but I didn't Jonathon Brown have a similar problem a few years ago ?

Big finals weekend for the WA posse on here. KhunWill, Ron19, farmerjo, joboss, Whitechristmas, OldCroc

My tipping for the first week of finals...

West Coast V Hawthorn. I reckon the Weagles will have the edge at home They have confidence and will have the home crowd. Some might say they had a soft draw this year, but I reckon they deserve to be where they are. Both teams have sooo many options for goal who can kick a small bag. I would like to see hawthorn lose and preferably not even make the GF.

Freo v Sydney. The Buddy situation has been a welcome relief for SYdney players by diverting attention from them. Sydney, lacking Buddy, Parker, Jack and Nick Smith (?), are rank underdogs and the pressure will be on Freo at home. Sydney can kick 100 points here without Buddy and I am tipping an upset.

Bulldogs v Adelaide. This is the tough one of a tough bunch to pick. Still, i like the Bulldogs at the moment. Chimpy is flying down to join the Doggies cheer squad

Richmond V North. Which North will turn up? Im backing Rihcmond here, mainly due to their superior midfield. WIth khunWill's favourite, Dustin Martin having a big one.

• Like 2

Fremantle......rested, strong defence and still smarting from last years GF loss, though I rate the Swans very highly.

Last year's Grand Final?

:P

Alexrrr, Chang and his world of Fantasy.

Most interesting.

Oh I made a blue.....shit......was the year before.....you can rib me....I won fantasy....lol......and didn't do to bad in tipping either....above you old bean....joop

I told ya at the start of the season I don't pay to much attention to the footy these days.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Confirmed that Pridis is out of tonights game.

This from AFL.com

West Coast's Brownlow medallist Matt Priddis has been ruled out of tonight's qualifying final with a thigh problem.

Meanwhile, Hawk speedster Isaac Smith has defied a sore knee to take his place in the final 22.

Rumours circulated around Perth on Friday morning that Priddis was in danger of missing and they proved accurate. Patrick McGinnity has replaced Priddis in the selected side and will start as sub, while Taylor Duryea will wear the green vest for Hawthorn.

This from AFL.com

West Coast's Brownlow medallist Matt Priddis has been ruled out of tonight's qualifying final with a thigh problem.

Meanwhile, Hawk speedster Isaac Smith has defied a sore knee to take his place in the final 22.

Rumours circulated around Perth on Friday morning that Priddis was in danger of missing and they proved accurate. Patrick McGinnity has replaced Priddis in the selected side and will start as sub, while Taylor Duryea will wear the green vest for Hawthorn.

Gutted!!!!

We've been murdered this year with injuries.

Replacing a Brownlow medalist with a spud.

This from AFL.com

Gutted!!!!

We've been murdered this year with injuries.

Replacing a Brownlow medalist with a spud.

Terrible pre game loss for West Coast