UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Keep in mind evadgib is of the opinion it is Remain who need to get their house in order.

I suspect a surfeit of Alice in Wonderland as a boy is to blame.

Curiouser and curiouser...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Update to an attempt to prove that UK left the EU on time on 29 March:

I can already see a Reichsburger movement emerging in the UK. ???? 

Poor fools. Don’t understand that EU membership is international law. 

Reichsbürgerbewegung ("Reich Citizens' Movement") or Reichsbürger ("Reich Citizens") is a label for several groups and individuals in Germany and elsewhere who reject the legitimacy of the modern German state, the Federal Republic of Germany. They maintain that the German Reich (or, occasionally, Prussia) continues to exist in its pre-World War II borders, and that it is governed by a Kommissarische Reichsregierung (KRR, Provisional Reich Government), or Exilregierung ("government in exile").

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsbürgerbewegung

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Reichsbürgerbewegung ("Reich Citizens' Movement") or Reichsbürger ("Reich Citizens") is a label for several groups and individuals in Germany and elsewhere who reject the legitimacy of the modern German state, the Federal Republic of Germany. They maintain that the German Reich (or, occasionally, Prussia) continues to exist in its pre-World War II borders, and that it is governed by a Kommissarische Reichsregierung (KRR, Provisional Reich Government), or Exilregierung ("government in exile").

The great irony being that Gina Miller's precedent may yet prove vital to the very people she enabled Parliament to betray :clap2:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

False vision and a foolish comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

The great irony being that Gina Miller's precedent may yet prove vital to the very people she enabled Parliament to betray :clap2:

Gina Miller didn’t create a precedence for changing a contract in international law through domestic proceedings. Brexiteers getting excited about things they don’t understand. :clap2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Says sandyf....whilst some scottish people loath the English people and scottish Unionist and Royalists like Myself.
Sandyf..have you even heard the utterly disgusting chants of the infamous " tartan army ".
The majority of that shower are a health hazard..filthy unshowered drunken anti-English anti British winkers.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Only to be expected, in the absence of any constructive comment resort to personal attack and false innuendo.

If you had bothered to read, or more importantly understood my posts you would never have seen any support for the tartan army and I stated quite clearly that they were not representative of Scotland, but obviously for you not clear enough.

23 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Sadly..crime is on the rise in certain parts of the UK..the horrible stuff.
Eg..protection rackets..child prostitution..people trafficking..hard drugs..forced marriages and more.
Sorry to tell you that citizens of eu subsidy junkie countries are involved in the above " crime list "

And a large percentage of what you are referring to, for example the Rotherham scandal, have been perpetrated by UK citizens of non EU descent.

Of course we are all well aware that the leavers would prefer to put it all down to the EU. When all else fails just try some information manipulation.

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Sorry old boy..I refuse to have anything to do with the brussels broadcasting corporationemoji6.png

..and Brexiteers claim not to be dim!

You do realise that the BBC has been criticised and proven to have a PRO Brexit bias? Evidently not.

Please tell us who you rely on for Brexit news and analysis? Fox?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wilcopops said:

..and Brexiteers claim not to be dim!

You do realise that the BBC has been criticised and proven to have a PRO Brexit bias? Evidently not.

Please tell us who you rely on for Brexit news and analysis? Fox?

Not you...........????

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Even if there were a second referendum and Remain won, why should the Leave side accept the result when Remain did not accept the result of the first referendum?

And if Leave won (as I believe they would), why should Leave voters expect their second victory to be respected when their first victory was ignored.

A second referendum solves nothing either way. More wasted time, more divisiveness, more money wasted. 

What we need is for the losers to accept they lost (especially the Remain MP's), and then the UK can move forward.

If Remain had won, as a Leaver I would have accepted it. It's a shame that Remainers lack the same maturity and respect for Democracy. These supposedly educated, knowledgeable, intelligent Remainers cannot even accept the result of a Democratic vote. The toys come out of the pram and they demand another referendum. One day the more intelligent among them will realize that they are the primary cause of this debacle.

There was no referendum on the choice between no deal, May’s deal and EU membership that anyone could accept, respect or ignore. There was an opinion poll advising the government to explore the UK leaving the EU. The government has done that over the past three years and the result of that negotiations has led to an impasse in parliament. Unless parliament can make solve it themselves, parliament might as well ask the electorate to chose. 

11 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

There was no referendum on the choice between no deal, May’s deal and EU membership that anyone could accept, respect or ignore. There was an opinion poll advising the government to explore the UK leaving the EU. The government has done that over the past three years and the result of that negotiations has led to an impasse in parliament. Unless parliament can make solve it themselves, parliament might as well ask the electorate to chose. 

So "Joe Soap" voter would understand all the "Deal" stuff...?..????

Joe Soap voted to let those across the channel get on with their daft stuff that Joe Soap was paying for.......Plus keeping the low life from across the channel off the UK streets....

If the UK gov has to go back and ask Joe Soap to help them out with those hi-so's in gov then Joe Soap must think we are stuffed....But a Joe Soap like me knows the gov that asked me/us did not like the result and are fluffing around because they are mainly EU lovies...????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Even if there were a second referendum and Remain won, why should the Leave side accept the result when Remain did not accept the result of the first referendum?

And if Leave won (as I believe they would), why should Leave voters expect their second victory to be respected when their first victory was ignored.

A second referendum solves nothing either way. More wasted time, more divisiveness, more money wasted. 

What we need is for the losers to accept they lost (especially the Remain MP's), and then the UK can move forward.

If Remain had won, as a Leaver I would have accepted it. It's a shame that Remainers lack the same maturity and respect for Democracy. These supposedly educated, knowledgeable, intelligent Remainers cannot even accept the result of a Democratic vote. The toys come out of the pram and they demand another referendum. One day the more intelligent among them will realize that they are the primary cause of this debacle.

As Farage himself said. 

"A 48/52 result....."

In a democracy there is no absolute win or absolute loose, the process of democracy is continuous.

Brexit has delivered a deal that nobody wants, Brexiteers are afraid of putting that deal to the people. 

Rather than admit what a crock Brexit has become Brexiteers want a crappy deal to implemented, because winning a crappy deal is better than admitting that Brexit has failed.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

22 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Are you scottish?

As much as any other nationality. 25% English, 25% German, 25% Roma, 25% Scot (hence my forum name).

Oh, and my father was born in Spain and raised in Morocco. As my father's father was a Glaswegian, I consider that as my dominant gene.

1 hour ago, transam said:

So "Joe Soap" voter would understand all the "Deal" stuff...?..????

Joe Soap voted to let those across the channel get on with their daft stuff that Joe Soap was paying for.......Plus keeping the low life from across the channel off the UK streets....

If the UK gov has to go back and ask Joe Soap to help them out with those hi-so's in gov then Joe Soap must think we are stuffed....But a Joe Soap like me knows the gov that asked me/us did not like the result and are fluffing around because they are mainly EU lovies...????

Great, then Joe Soap shouldn’t have a problem with a referendum. 

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Sadly, I've no doubt you believe this 'spin' on the referendum and it's result ☹️.

No spin. All of the statements in my post are factually true. If you didn’t know your own constitution at the time of the referendum you should know it now. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No spin. All of the statements in my post are factually true. If you didn’t know your own constitution at the time of the referendum you should know it now. 

I am not wishing to agree or disagree with your referendum comments but please provide me with a link to the British constitution for me to read.  Although elderly I am still not aware that the UK has one that you refer to above in your post.

• Like 1