Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

12 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I see. You experience the outside from the outside. No inside no insight. Not surprised.

That was very narrow and shallow response to something much deeper than just living from inside out. You have to give a bit more room and space for thoughts that apppears in a thread at a fora like this. Of course everything your are, are guided by outside expleriences, but you can not be truly yourselves if thats what you rely  on. We talking you as you, and not what the outside world want you to be ???? quite simple, right? 

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

2 people sleep in the same room. Everyone dreams and everyone dreams something different. During the dream the world is just as real for everyone as the world they perceive while they are awake.  And the world in which they experience themselves while awake does not exist. Each dream is a universe.

Where is the world that you live in while you dream? In the brain? Some kind of computer memory? And where are all these dream worlds after physical death? Could it be said that this world of dreams is simply a piece of consciousness, separate from the consciousness of the world of day? A single universe? It might be possible that in deep meditation one continues to experience oneself as existing, while  experiencing that the space (the world we perceive as real while we are awake) does not exist, or rather does not exist in itself but only as a concept or a content in consciousness - and consciousness is all that is.

so far ok

but then:

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

If so, then there is only one thing and that is consciousness. And this all-encompassing consciousness would then be God.

Why?

What does something called god have to do with the first part of your post?

3 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

That's the thing - how can you know that god is not existing? It's just a  belief.

Ok, let try this:

There is this super-model girl out there. She looks beautiful, cute, the best looking girl in the universe. She can also cook and is great in bed. And best of all, she loves you. Only you!

Now who of us should prove to the other if that girl exists or not?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Neither does 'GOD

Science have since we started farming and keeping wild animals as housestock, saved many lives, and denying science save lives is quite contraversial. 

Replying to you since Thaibeachlover said he was going to block me ???? science help people every day

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If it was a God who cures folk, , Christian, Muslim, Seikh, whatever, surely ONE of them would have a cure for say Cancer or Covid

Not too sure the God in the Old Testament would be doling out cures to the non-believers.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Neither does 'GOD

Why do you think God cares about when people die or of what? Does it say that in the Bible? Did a burning bush say that?

Viruses created by God killed untold millions of people over the centuries humans have existed. Why does anyone think a human is of more concern to God than a virus? Everything is part of creation and when we die our life force, IMO returns to the creator from whence our life force came when we were conceived. IMO it's not important how long we live, but HOW we live that matters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why do you think God cares about when people die or of what? Does it say that in the Bible? Did a burning bush say that?

Viruses created by God killed untold millions of people over the centuries humans have existed. Why does anyone think a human is of more concern to God than a virus? Everything is part of creation and when we die our life force, IMO returns to the creator from whence our life force came when we were conceived. IMO it's not important how long we live, but HOW we live that matters.

You forgot the sarcastic emoticon or are you actually being serious?

Who wrote that BIBLE with its alleged burning bush you mention, please? 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Then why are all those people going to church, praying, giving money to "god", ...?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Then why are all those people going to church, praying, giving money to "god", ...?

No, they do not give the money directly to God, but to the men who tell, or order them, to believe, worship, pray and give money to said God via themselves. 

If I lived a thousand years I could not conjure up the meaning of life, having said that I am surrounded by its many manifestations, that it is thought started in the primordial ooze billions of years ago, and so every blade of grass is a relative. I cherry pick the wisdom that has come through religion and value its sense of community. although there are charlatans everywhere. I have a simple way of looking at things. If I am selfless and think of how my actions will impact life, then I am practicing my beliefs, If I am selfish then I am heading in the wrong direction and so my prayer is to be a vessel for what goodness lies in the universe. The things I want in this life cannot be bought. They must be nurtured. Happiness is a state of mind as is peace and compassion. I am blessed to have a simple happy life. All of mans wounds are self inflicted. I am happy to be a not too clever monkey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, let try this:

There is this super-model girl out there. She looks beautiful, cute, the best looking girl in the universe. She can also cook and is great in bed. And best of all, she loves you. Only you!

You prove it. Take her to me and introduce her to me. Can't wait.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, let try this:

Very good Illustration of an illusion! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sweatalot said:

That's the thing - how can you know that god is not existing? It's just a  belief.

There seems to be an enormous confusion in this thread between a 'belief' and a 'lack of belief'. A 'lack of belief' is not a belief.

Edited by VincentRJ
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

There seems to be an enormous confusion in this thread between a 'belief' and a 'lack of belief'. A 'lack of belief' is not a belief.

As long as people insist that god does not exist it is a belief.

- Until they can prove god is not existing.

The confusion seems to be on your side.

Lack of belief is when somebody thinks they should believe (or are supposed to) in something but are not convinced.

You can believe something is true or you can believe it is not true. Both are beliefs.

4 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

As long as people insist that god does not exist it is a belief.

- Until they can prove god is not existing.

The confusion seems to be on your side.

Lack of belief is when somebody thinks they should believe (or are supposed to) in something but are not convinced.

You can believe something is true or you can believe it is not true. Both are beliefs.

I believe you.