Mitsubishi Pajero Sport ownership feedback

JAFO

Sorry I don't own one. But there is a new one out now. Has totally new front end. I though it looked nice. Sorry cant tell you if they have redesigned the rear end as it was behind me. It wasn't registered but had the dealers paper work all over it. So must be in your local dealers. Or at least they should know about it.

Edited by fredob43

9 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry I don't own one. But there is a new one out now. Has totally new front end. I though it looked nice. Sorry cant tell you if they have redesigned the rear end as it was behind me. It wasn't registered but had the dealers paper work all over it. So must be in your local dealers. Or at least they should know about it.

The OP wants to hear owners "honest" thoughts....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

The OP wants to hear owners "honest" thoughts....

I can read. Also referred  that I cant answer his question. I just pointed out that there is a new one out now, as it might have been of some interest to the OP. If he's thinking of owning/buying one.

Edited by fredob43

27 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I can read. Also referred  that I cant answer his question. I just pointed out that there is a new one out now, as it might have been of some interest to the OP. If he's thinking of owning/buying one.

Thanks for the response.  We saw at the 2019 Motorshow.  Looked very nice, well appointed and comfortable to sit in.  Priced well for options. Of course no test ride available at motorshow. We locked one in at a special show rate plus a tremendous amount of other perks were offered.  Have until end of April to decide. 

Was hoping to get owner feedback on road worthiness and handling etc.  General reviews from Aus were quite favorable. 

58 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Thanks for the response.  We saw at the 2019 Motorshow.  Looked very nice, well appointed and comfortable to sit in.  Priced well for options. Of course no test ride available at motorshow. We locked one in at a special show rate plus a tremendous amount of other perks were offered.  Have until end of April to decide. 

Was hoping to get owner feedback on road worthiness and handling etc.  General reviews from Aus were quite favorable. 

Your welcome, there are many post on TV about the old Pajero I should think the new one would be much the same. They seem to be reliable.

I'm sure you will get some feed back later. At least you have seen the new design front end. I thought it was a big improvement. Hope you enjoy if you get one.

Edited by fredob43

17 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Your welcome, there are many post on TV about the old Pajero I should think the new one would be much the same. They seem to be reliable.

I'm sure you will get some feed back later. At least you have seen the new design front end. I thought it was a big improvement. Hope you enjoy if you get one.

Thanks. We do like the new front body styling. I have seen the older ones and they didn't catch my attention.  Wife originally wanted a Honda CRV but was not impressed with interior ergonomics and price.  The seating for passengers in back wasn't practical for an adult.  Then we happen to see that Pajero Sport and took a look.  Far better interior ergonomics and better appointed.  

The new 2019 comes with 5 year 100,000km warranty and full service which is nice.  

At guess at this juncture most vehicles are very reliable, suspect it boils down to what one likes.

• Like 2

I drove the new pjs over January for 500km (borrowed from sister-in-law). I think its OK. The suspension is a little soft for my liking and bounced around too much. I had considered buying the top spec but instead got the crv diesl AWD. I find it more comfortable and less bouncy than the pjs. I don't agree that the pjs has a better appointed interior. The pjs has a lot of hard plastics and the front two rows don't have a lot of space. The crv is wider (the crv 3rd row is for small kids only, but I didn't buy it for the 3rd row). The crv has better fuel consumption than the pjs, but I feel acceleration is roughly the same. 

Many who buy the pjs will fit profender monotube adjustable shock absorbers to reduce the bounciness. The stock shocks are underdamped. Ofcourse, if one intends to go into rough terrain a lot, then the pjs wuld be the logical choice over the crv. I rarely do this. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 8:09 AM, JAFO said:

My Brother-in-Law has one. Loves it but he is Thai.  As a non Thai all I can say is it's handling and dynamics is still like a truck.  But if you are used to driving pick-ups then it appears to be an "ok" motor. Inside has all the knobs and gadgets that Thais like.  Don't think he has had any issues with it mechanically.  Not for me but a good utilitarian vehicle if that is what you are looking for.

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

My Brother-in-Law has one. Loves it but he is Thai.  As a non Thai all I can say is it's handling and dynamics is still like a truck.  But if you are used to driving pick-ups then it appears to be an "ok" motor. Inside has all the knobs and gadgets that Thais like.  Don't think he has had any issues with it mechanically.  Not for me but a good utilitarian vehicle if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks for the response. I am a truck owner and always have been. My wife has always had cars. The platform, like all the SUV's here, is truck based. While the trailing arms and rear suspension are different to enhance ride quality a bit the rest remains a truck. Having 4 wheel disc brakes is a plus versus the standard ol Truck big drum brakes.

On 4/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, JAFO said:

Wife originally wanted a Honda CRV

The advantage of the CRV is that it is on a car chassis and you don't have to climb into it like a pick-up truck... it still rides higher than a car but not as high as the Pajero, I would think... 

Whichever way you go, enjoy!

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

The advantage of the CRV is that it is on a car chassis and you don't have to climb into it like a pick-up truck... it still rides higher than a car but not as high as the Pajero, I would think... 

Whichever way you go, enjoy!

Thanks Ken,

I agree. The Honda is lower for ease of getting into and drives more like a car. The problem with the CRV IMHO is that they say 7 seater but I sat in the far back of the CRV at the motorshow and it is not really practical. Maybe 10 minutes or so.  The Pajero clearly is bigger but the trade off is it will sit high like a truck. Reminds me of the Toyota 4 runner in the US. Its basically a SUV truck. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, JAFO said:

Thanks Ken,

I agree. The Honda is lower for ease of getting into and drives more like a car. The problem with the CRV IMHO is that they say 7 seater but I sat in the far back of the CRV at the motorshow and it is not really practical. Maybe 10 minutes or so.  The Pajero clearly is bigger but the trade off is it will sit high like a truck. Reminds me of the Toyota 4 runner in the US. Its basically a SUV truck. 

Did you try the back seat of the pajero? I was the driver when I used it so not sure how much space there is. It's probably better still for kids. The crv second row can slide forward and that gives more room in the 3rd row, so I guess it depends on the size of your passengers and how often you will be taking 6-7 people on long trips. If you are transporting mostly Thais of average height, I think the crv is large enough. I'm 189 cm and can move the drivers seat quite a way forward to accomodate those behind me. In the pjs I couldn't move it back far enough, which was a surprise, as I can do that in my suzuki swift lol 

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:15 PM, fredob43 said:

The new Mitsu is what I was referring to in the above post. Did say that I had seen it months ago.

Edited by fredob43