Pattaya Versus DaNang and the winner is?

Destiny1990

Here's another win for Vietnam, looks like:

Q: How can foreign investors establish a 100% foreign LLC?

A: According to the law of Vietnam, foreign investors can establish a 100% foreign owned LLC, but not in all business sectors. They can own up to 100% capital of an enterprise, except for these cases:

If in Vietnam’s WTO Commitment, it states a maximum proportion of capital that foreign investors can own;
Specific cases regulated in the Law on Securities and relevant regulations.

https://vietanlaw.com/establishment-of-a-100-foreign-owned-llc.html

And if I read right, that would open the door for the 2y temp residency.

15 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

U say u live in Chiang Mai. I begin to wonder are there in Chiang Mai no motorbikes at all? Never a road accident?

Crossing roads in Chiang Mai can do with eyes closed? Any traffic at all in Chiang Mai?

There is traffic in CM and the roads can also be dangerous and there are accidents and you cannot cross roads with your eyes closed , but , its much easier to cross roads in CM then it is in Danang .

Then you get the constant beeping , which becomes annoying and stressful after a while 

49 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

If u really serious to give it a try in Vietnam than u might want to start with first selling ur Pattaya condo.

This might take u longer than expected good luck!

I dont need to sell my condo in order to go elsewhere. In fact even if I was living in Vietnam I would probably retain my Thai condo and my Thai retirement extension for the advantages they give me.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

U make ur visa extensions sound so simple in Thailand while for a fact they have been made into a dreadful annoying and complicated and pricey process  for most of us one way or the other.

Not for me. The process is exactly as I described. I dont really see how it could be much easier.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

I'm new to this theory of "residence security."

Can you explain what you mean by it?

Either country can revoke, suspend, or change the requirements of their visas, at any time. 

For me, Vietnam being Communist, means it's quite a stable country. Put it this way, I can't see a Military Coup happening in Vietnam anytime soon.  Thailand, on the other hand..............????

In the thirty or whatever military coups in Thailand how many people have been killed compared to the millions who died in Vietnam?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Walk into a local shop, hand them your passport and VISA fee.

Sounds easier to me.

But much more expensive. I'd rather save the money even if it does take me an hour to do every year.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I'll say it again, forget about all of Thailand's crap that you have become accustom to, it doesn't exist in Vietnam. 

You can buy alcohol anytime there, with no elections crap, and Buddha Day observance, and school hours crap. 

I don't die from lack of alcohol but I do die from lack of adequate health care and that why Vietnam is not in the same ballpark as Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There is traffic in CM and the roads can also be dangerous and there are accidents and you cannot cross roads with your eyes closed , but , its much easier to cross roads in CM then it is in Danang .

Then you get the constant beeping , which becomes annoying and stressful after a while 

Since ur last 30 plus posts in this thread all are always and only about motorcycles i wonder do u have any other issue  to contribute about Da-Nang in comparison with Thailand?

Something juicy?

3 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

I'm new to this theory of "residence security."

Can you explain what you mean by it?

Either country can revoke, suspend, or change the requirements of their visas, at any time. 

For me, Vietnam being Communist, means it's quite a stable country. Put it this way, I can't see a Military Coup happening in Vietnam anytime soon.  Thailand, on the other hand..............????

A number of nations offer expats a reasonably easy path to permanent residence and/or citizenship status which means the end to any visa concerns at all. My interest specifically is retirement and some nations offer permanent residence based on retirement even upon the very FIRST application. Asean doesn't have any of those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Nowhere does. You want residence security? Then go home. Everywhere else you are just a tolerated guest (with the possible exception of EU nationals, who do have residence security in other EU countries).

You are 100 percent incorrect 

Prior to this thread we did a Pattaya versus Sihanoukville and Pattaya won that one fair and square based on the comments in that thread.  

But Pattaya versus Danang well Just read back the whole thread and decide for yourselves you don’t  have to be a brain surgeon to spot which city did better in general..

Edited by Destiny1990

Prior to this thread we did a Pattaya versus Sihanoukville and Pattaya won that one fair and square based on the comments in that thread.  

But Pattaya versus Danang well Just read back the whole thread and decide for yourselves you don’t  have to be a brain surgeon to spot the winner.

If staying long term in Thailand is no longer viable then obviously Thailand loses.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If staying long term in Thailand is no longer viable then obviously Thailand loses.

That’s exactly the reason i started searching For alternative in the first place. Its not nice feeling undesirable is it?

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

That’s exactly the reason i started searching For alternative in the first place. Its not nice feeling undesirable is it?

I don't feel Thailand does not desire me to be in Thailand, it just desires my money more than me to be in Thailand.  ????

• Like 1

Most expats living in Thailand should probably be exploring their options for a plan B except if the plan B is already going home. Getting too comfortable here could be hazardous. From my POV some countries in Latin America check a lot more boxes than any place in Asean.  Year round mild weather, path to permanent residence, easy to qualify visas, and yes beautiful locals, what's not to like?

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

I don't feel Thailand does not desire me to be in Thailand, it just desires my money more than me to be in Thailand.  ????

Hold on to your money like it's attached to you and you'll be fine ????