Fashion reviewer and actress jumps to her death from Bangkok apartment

webfact

Fashion reviewer and actress jumps to her death from Bangkok apartment

By The Nation

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU1MS83NzU3MzM5L25ld3Byb2plY3QtMjAxOS0wNC0zMHQwOTI3XzEuanBn.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A music video actress and fashion goods reviewer jumped to her death from a luxury apartment building in Bangkok’s Bang Na district early on Tuesday, police say.

The Bang Na police station was alerted of the suicide at a luxury apartment building at 3.30am.

The woman was identified as Yardrung Thongniam, 25. A note was tied to her left ankle, telling rescuers to call her boyfriend and relatives and giving phone numbers.

The manager of the apartment building said Yardrung has just rented a room in early April for Bt30,000 a month, and given notice of checking out at the end of the month.

The apartment’s security cameras did not detect anyone with her in the room before her fall.

Police said Yardrung’s Facebook page has over 20,000 followers and she worked by reviewing fashion items on her page. She was recently the leading actress in a music video of the Old Story Project band, which was scheduled to be officially released on Tuesday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368599

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-30
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And she could afford a 30,000B per month apartment with that "job"?

RIP

It might sound funny as a job, but she was essentially an internet marketer. With 20,000 followers she must've gotten pretty good commission on items sold as result of her reviews. Also likely she got other paid gigs as a PR girl at events etc. Many of these girls make more money than most westerners...

On the downside, most of these girls have multiple plastic surgeries, botox, and other "enhancements". It comes with the territory that some suffer from insecurity and other issues. Sadly for this one it appears like it's been too much. RIP.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And she could afford a 30,000B per month apartment with that "job"?

RIP

Maybe fashion reviewer was just her day job? Nevertheless, a very sad end to such a young life.

R.I.P. Yardrung

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I think a lot of expats here take for granted their personal financial situations and have little or no comprehension of how many Thais are being squeezed in their finances some through no fault of their own and others through uncontrolled spending often encouraged by social platforms and mainstream media programming. 

One of my girls sisters rents an apartment not far from where this happened for 1500 baht per month.  I image any financial problems this girl was facing were entirely created by her alone.

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

What another suicide??? What's going on these days in Bangkok?

Depression is the leading cause of suicide. It is a pathology, something with a physical component that often responds to treatment with medication and/or other medical intervention. Asian cultures tend to stigmatize mental illness as a curse, a huge loss of face for the family, and a fate worse than death. Surveys of Asian parents have ranked "death of a child" as preferable to "a child with mental illness". Western cultures are exactly blazing new trails, but the stigma is far less apparent compared to Asia. 

43 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Thais are being squeezed in their finances some through no fault of their own and others through uncontrolled spending often encouraged by social platforms and mainstream media programming

Sorry but they have a choice.

Lots of Thais live the cheap life because they have to and they don't get any credit.

And others think they need the newest fashion, newest phones, etc. No, they don't need it. It might be difficult for some to tell their friends "I can't afford that". But I am sure some of those friends will be happy that someone started to tell the truth and then it's also easier for the other to say they don't want to spend so much money on this or that.

But obviously I don't know if this is relevant in this case.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, anterian said:

Why do so many suicides in Thailand jump yet in Europe they tend to OD. 

Lots of possibility in Thailand, we haven't allowed the construction of tall buildings with balconies in Europe for decades, we take lots of measures to limit jumpers, install high railings, electric fences, catch nets, guards, camera's, all sorts.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

One of my girls sisters rents an apartment not far from where this happened for 1500 baht per month.  I image any financial problems this girl was facing were entirely created by her alone.

not far from where she was living and paying 30K month and your girl's sister pays 1,500 baht month??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaxLee said:

What another suicide??? What's going on these days in Bangkok?

According to W.H.O., 1 million people kill themselves every year worldwide.  That's more than 2,700/day.

Thailand is 43rd among 183 nations. US is 34th, UK: 109th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate#List_by_the_World_Health_Organization_(2016)

• Like 1