U.S. deploying carrier, bombers to Middle East in warning to Iran - Bolton

webfact

15 minutes ago, BestB said:

Good to see so many experts are so well informed ????.

just about 7-10 days ago Iran released close up, digital footage of US carrier which they took by drones undetected.

About 3-4 weeks ago, Iran claimed to have shot down US made drone and paraded it all over media.

Both incidents went unanswered by US, so this move supposedly is the response 

Lol! You seem to hold Iran's propaganda in high esteem! ????

"Lieutenant Chloe J Morgan, a US Naval Forces Central Command spokeswoman, told The Associated Press the Eisenhower has not been in the Gulf since 2016."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/iran-revolutionary-guard-shoots-drone-footage-warships-190427184255749.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, candide said:

Lol! You seem to hold Iran's propaganda in high esteem! ????

"Lieutenant Chloe J Morgan, a US Naval Forces Central Command spokeswoman, told The Associated Press the Eisenhower has not been in the Gulf since 2016."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/iran-revolutionary-guard-shoots-drone-footage-warships-190427184255749.html

So you now claiming footage is not genuine? Because neither myself or Iran said when it was filmed. So struggling to understand your point 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

I understood that your point was that the USA responded to the incidents mentioned. However, one of the incident happened three years ago. It's a bit long time to respond....

I cannot say anything about the other incident, I did not find it on the net.

Video footage was released 7-10 days ago, when it was taken and where it was taken remains unknown 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

You are simply condoning mass murder. There is no other term for it.

Thats fine, I appreciate your sympathy, but mass murder of an armed force is the goal, right? Start with those RevGuards, they probably cut and run at the first F-35 strike anyway. We ttry in the US to minimize civilian casualties so Got Mit Uns as they say.

The good old speak softly but carry a big stick I get but I think Donald and company forgot about the speak softly part lol hopefully everyone sits tight till we get a new administration then negotiate something peaceful 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Obams..a man who stood up to the corporations..??
Against globalism.??

Just asking??

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I did say the trend started a long time ago. Obama was beholden to corporations. But, as we all know, he was able to say no occasionally. Trump never has met a lobbyist he could say no to. Not once while president. I am doing your bidding. What can I do for you sir? He is totally sold out. Body, mind and soul.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I did say the trend started a long time ago. Obama was beholden to corporations. But, as we all know, he was able to say no occasionally. Trump never has met a lobbyist he could say no to. Not once while president. I am doing your bidding. What can I do for you sir? He is totally sold out. Body, mind and soul.

What mind?  What soul?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, candide said:
17 hours ago, car720 said:

perhaps someone can enumerate the things that the Iranians have done to warrant the US wiping them off of the map or is it that they are doing it as an ally of someone else or on their behalf?

Not much arm done to the USA. Iran even fighted on the same side as the USA against ISIS. So it's rather your second option that makes sense. Trump is the instrument of Saudi Arabia in the rivalry between S.A. and Iran for leadership in ME.

the rivalry between S.A. and Iran for leadership in ME.  scritch, scritch, scritch  

... rivalry between the free world's need for stable energy supplies and the economically failed Soviet Union that depends on expensive energy exports to survive.

Darn,   Soviet Union  scritch, scritch Putin's Russia.

Been this way since the 1950s when Egypt was Russia's babe. Nothing on Earth that Russia Putin loves more than Iran causing trouble destabilizing the middle east to raise the price of its energy. Just like there is nothing the West loves more than lots of little powerless ME countries peacefully pumping oil and competing on price. But if you really need to see things as one bad guy causing instability (why not?) that would be Russia (dam!) Putin.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

One has nothing to do with the other.

You cant make this kind of pettiness up.

Hmmm... dissing republics to bolster a republic is just too sweet!! How in heaven do the two not have anything to do with each other? ????????????

22 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

The Iranians should pay Bolton a visit before he gets a chance to unleash hell on their citizens.

Yeah, because doing that wouldn't just make the case for starting a war against Iran - this time with public support. Good thinking there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Iranian support for the Gaza rockets ring a bell does it? 

Not unless one was looking for flimsy excuses. Said support is not really a direct threat to the US or US forces. It does fall under Iranian regional actions and policies the US objects to, but by itself, hardly something justifying an act of war or even deploying an aircraft carrier. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Iranians best watch themselves, the Big Stick is ready. And if we finally have to clean out the Mad Mullahs, the world will spin very nicely without them.

Yeah, because that approach went so well, and on numerous occasions, in the past.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yeah, because that approach went so well, and on numerous occasions, in the past.

When at first you dont suceed.....

12 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Very astute observation....this is the common denominator among Neo-con's and warmongers....to them, people are just things to be manipulated to serve their ends. I cannot possibly print how evil I think Bolton, Pompeo and co are.

Whereas their Iranian counterparts are paragons of virtue? Great humanists?

Just now, Morch said:

Them do the same thing over and over again? There's a saying about that as well.

Yep. One mans persistance is another mans lunacy. 

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

If the USA does declare war on Iran there will be a large butchers bill on both sides. If it happens the Israelis will get in there, and probably the KSA too.

If it does happen then Iran will most probably lose, as their equipment is not equal to the USA, Israel and the KSA, however the Iranians will never give in and they are pretty good at irregular warfare in their own country.

Just a thought, what would happen if Russia and China and perhaps Syria were to come to the aid of Iran? What would the US do then?

What if the EU got its act together and joined the Iranian side?

Trump has burned most of his bridges with the Western allies so he will find little comfort there.

The problem with both Trump and Bolton is that they both want a war, but a limited one. Netanyahu doesn't care as long as the Iranians are "suitably disposed" of.

Crystal ball strategy is awesome.

Let's take the previous iteration of similar actions - the large death toll associated with the direct war effort was largely on the receiving end (casualties mounting later on were related to ongoing insurgent activity), and neither country mentioned was significantly military involved.

Statements such as "never give in" aren't really well founded. There's a whole range of scenarios which could unfold. Same goes for the wide-brush label regarding the Iranian prowess at insurgency.

And it gets even more bizarre. Syria comes to the aid of Iran? Seriously? Syria's own civil war isn't fully over, and that outcome was the result of massive foreign intervention. Russia and China both cooperating and actively confronting the US? Sure thing. What would they stand to gain out of it? And the best part - the EU...? As in break up NATO, side with Iran (plus, apparently, Russia and china).

Having fantasies is all very well, expecting that governments and nations fulfill them is another thing. Trump certainly did a lot of damage to US foreign relations, especially as allies go. But regardless of how some posters feel about it, bridges aren't completely burned, and allies don't go over to play with adversaries.