Retirement extension at Chaengwattana

The lack of a valid TM-30 (visit to Counter B) definitely added to your time ( 2 1/2 hours ).

I think CW (only) is closed today, Royal Ploughing Ceremony, which along with Monday, may have contributed to a heavier load yesterday? May 20th is the next holiday closure to plan for, AFAIK

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The lack of a valid TM-30 (visit to Counter B) definitely added to your time ( 2 1/2 hours ).

I think CW (only) is closed today, Royal Ploughing Ceremony, which along with Monday, may have contributed to a heavier load yesterday? May 20th is the next holiday closure to plan for, AFAIK

Form was not a tm30

• Thanks 1

Just now, mtls2005 said:

What was it? TM-28?

AFAIK, Counter B was constructed solely for the processing of TM-30's.

Nope this is a new form for the Thai police. My assumption is that they will use it for home visits as you have to list everyone who lives at the address with their passport numbers included. Desk “B” has been changed to accommodate more people since the last time I was there and since the que number topped 500 while I was waiting I assume they were expecting a large increase in volume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Nope this is a new form for the Thai police. My assumption is that they will use it for home visits as you have to list everyone who lives at the address with their passport numbers included.

Well the TM-30 is a two-page form, the second page looks a bit like a spreadsheet with ~ 10 columns for each resident alien.

It would be awesome if you could better define this "new form"?

tm30form-1.pdf TM30 (1).doc

Edited by mtls2005

27 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Nope this is a new form for the Thai police. My assumption is that they will use it for home visits as you have to list everyone who lives at the address with their passport numbers included. Desk “B” has been changed to accommodate more people since the last time I was there and since the que number topped 500 while I was waiting I assume they were expecting a large increase in volume.

I am sure it is a TM30 form.

You do not need to list everybody staying at your residence. You would only be reporting yourself.

It is standard form and all the extra lines on page 2 are for when a hotel, guesthouse and etc report all of their guests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:
1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:

My number was not called until 1:30 pm

.....arrived 8:30am got que #74 to apply for my annual retirement extension (5th one here).

If you were the 5th one there, why #74 and why did you have to wait until after lunch to be seem?

So 8 hours a year of our precious "retirement" time to get the one year extension. 

Quite acceptable in my book. 

My retirement extension took over 4 hours in 2018, but will plan on another 4 hours of book reading, people watching, coffee drinking, and "window shopping" at Chaengwattana this year. 

Similar activities I participate in several times a week anyway, so no real change other than the locale.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

If you were the 5th one there

I guess that he meant he was doing his fifth annual extension of stay renewal.

And that he was given the queue number L74.

L74 seems quite high for morning arrival, seems like the average is L40-ish for that scenario, but Monday holiday maybe threw things off this week?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I guess that he meant he was doing his fifth annual extension of stay renewal.

And that he was given the queue number L74.

L74 seems quite high for morning arrival, seems like the average is L40-ish for that scenario, but Monday holiday maybe threw things off this week?

I read it that he was 74th in the general queue, but 5th for specific retirement extension.

3 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I read it that he was 74th in the general queue, but 5th for specific retirement extension.

The L counters are used for ext stay/ret or marriage.

There is no general queue, at least that I am aware of.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm considering getting a hotel nearby, also have to get a reentry permit, and do a 90-day report. Possibly on day 2?

Just worried about the hotel stay mucking up the TM-30 address.

Just use the hotel as your address and you should then have no problems, no need to visit the TM30 desk as the hotel should have filed a TM30 for you. 

I just applied for a new USA passport and expect to receive it in two weeks. Another two weeks after that my retirement visa expires on June 3rd and I will apply for another year. I know I need to have my visa 'transferred' over to my new passport using the letter they give me. Can I do it all in one trip to immigration? Get the visa transferred over and renew my retirement visa in one trip? How will that work? Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

I just applied for a new USA passport and expect to receive it in two weeks. Another two weeks after that my retirement visa expires on June 3rd and I will apply for another year. I know I need to have my visa 'transferred' over to my new passport using the letter they give me. Can I do it all in one trip to immigration? Get the visa transferred over and renew my retirement visa in one trip? How will that work? Thanks. 

In pattaya it's 2 trips,  They can't multitask. too difficult.     Maybe CW can

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Yes, I did exactly that at CW a year ago after a new US passport. They first transfer the old visa and then do the extension. All one go. It was 2+ months from new passport to extension. I called or talked to a friend who works there and was told that is not a problem. All went smooth and no questions were asked.

Of course, with a new passport the number is not the same as in the 90 days reporting system so online 90 day reporting will no longer work until you exit and re-enter the country. I complain every 90 days.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Don't see why you can't do the transfer, then go make the resulting copies, then get in the queue for the TM-7?

Obviously factor in the TM-30 requirement.

Transfer_Visa_To_New_Passport_Bangkoki.pdf

• Thanks 1

Takes 15 minutes in Pattaya. All with a smile and help even for the numerous genius farangs who can not prepare some basic forms properly or dress halfway decent for a day. Ever tried to become a resident of another country? Or do retirement extensions? With exception of a few, you would not believe the efforts and cost. There is much wrong here, but retirement ext. is just fine IMO and Jomtien is efficient and friendly on every desk. MS>

with a holiday on may 6 and may 9, this whole week should be considered a 'no go' to CW.  i learned the hard way, arrived at 9:15am during a week with a holiday.  got a queue number of approx L70.  done at 3pm.  on 'normal' trips to CW, i arrive at 9:15am and 50/50 on whether i get it done by noon lunch break.  if i don't get the passport back before lunch, usually by 1:30pm so not long after lunch ends.  always check the holiday calendar.  i have to go this month.  targeting mon or tues next week to avoid the back up that will come into play with the upcoming may 20 holiday.  try to avoid 2 days before and 2 days after the holiday.

• Like 1