Health insurance mandatory for long-stay foreigners in Thailand

webfact

Now your being absolutely ridiculous.
I've given explanations not of my own, but from a website.

Is this another of your 'what if' conspiracies.

The term 'renewal' is often used in the UK, meaning something needs replacing with new.
Contracts quite often use the word 'renewal' which relates to the period a contract needs to be renewed.
Dead right he pumps out the what if threads at an alarming rate. I have wondered if there is mental illness or depression there.. It's not normal. I hope he can pull away from TV
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, madmen said:
9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The term 'renewal' is often used in the UK, meaning something needs replacing with new.
Contracts quite often use the word 'renewal' which relates to the period a contract needs to be renewed.

Dead right he pumps out the what if threads at an alarming rate. I have wondered if there is mental illness or depression there.. It's not normal. I hope he can pull away from TV

what if threads are a refreshing change from the numerous know it all posts so common here

4 minutes ago, madmen said:
11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If Ayjadee or Jingthing actually took out a Medical Policy and it had a 'renewal' date, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of the phone trying to explain.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If Ayjadee or Jingthing actually took out a Medical Policy and it had a 'renewal' date, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of the phone trying to explain.

Don't worry, you definitely wouldn't be on the other end of the phone for long. I would only deal with a company that KNEW what they were selling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AYJAYDEE said:

visas arent renewable

You'd better let Siam Legal know:

Siam Legal International offers service to process Retirement Visa to Thailand for UK citizens. This visa provides the following:

• Multiple-entry travel to Thailand.
  • Valid for use for a period of 1 calendar year.
  • The visa is renewable every year and can be renewed inside Thailand (applicant must meet the requirements for the visa renewal).
  • Ability to open bank (savings) account in Thailand.
  • Ability to apply for Permanent Residency after renewals.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

You'd better let Siam Legal know:

Siam Legal International offers service to process Retirement Visa to Thailand for UK citizens. This visa provides the following:

• Multiple-entry travel to Thailand.
  • Valid for use for a period of 1 calendar year.
  • The visa is renewable every year and can be renewed inside Thailand (applicant must meet the requirements for the visa renewal).
  • Ability to open bank (savings) account in Thailand.
  • Ability to apply for Permanent Residency after renewals.

that's their problem. try getting a new non 0-a inside thailand

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, yodsak said:

siam legal aren't talking about OA visas

it's the normal 1 yr retirement visa obtained here

renewal means extend

the visa isnt being extended, the permission to stay is being extended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No it isn't. "Renew", "replace", :extend" a VISA, not an Extension of Stay. It's clearly about visas however much people want to play around and try to make more of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The Thai guy said renew he meant extend.  It's a no brainer. I guess it would be impossible for a newspaper reporter to call him up and ask? 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 2

Page 100 keep them coming boys......lol

Dont feel left out guys.......What ever visa your on they are hard at work thinking up some required insurance that will be expensive and so crappy that it will be all but useless to you......lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Visas can't be extended.

I had an O-A visa 20 years ago and I've extended my stay every year since.  This is bunches of fun arguing about a pedantic point in translation and the insurance cash registers are going ca ching ca ching but wouldn't it make sense to ask him what he meant?

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How many times does it need to be explained to you?  Your visa expired years ago. You have been on Extensions of Stay. 

Since the guy said renew visa maybe you should explain it to him.  I could be in error or you could or the translator could or the Thai guy could.  Easy way to find out.  Call him up and ask him if he meant extension.  

Edited by marcusarelus

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Who cares what "the guy" said, or did not say, or is quoted as saying?  Subsequent reporting has made it clear.  You may enjoy being deliberately obtuse, and I guess I enjoy replying, but while it is fun, it's not really helping anyone.

Subsequent reporting?  No other government sources have been queried.  It is just reporters opinions.  No better than mine and probably not as good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AYJAYDEE said:

that's their problem. try getting a new non 0-a inside thailand

My point is that most Thais call an "extension" a "renewal" except the Immigration Department and the pedants here. When I say "most Thais" I'm including Saowapa Jongkittipong, who leads the Health Service Support Department’s International Health Division, quoted in the media

• Like 2

Just now, ThaiBunny said:

My point is that most Thais call an "extension" a "renewal" except the Immigration Department and the pedants here. When I say "most Thais" I'm including Saowapa Jongkittipong, who leads the Health Service Support Department’s International Health Division, quoted in the media

as youve never met him, youre making an assumption. I suspect theyre gonna get the exemptions too but I wouldnt say for sure. It MIGHT refer to getting a new Non O-A back in the home country. No one knows for sure because so far nothing has been announced using the legal definitions of the immigration act

1 minute ago, AYJAYDEE said:

as youve never met him, youre making an assumption. I suspect theyre gonna get the exemptions too but I wouldnt say for sure. It MIGHT refer to getting a new Non O-A back in the home country. No one knows for sure because so far nothing has been announced using the legal definitions of the immigration act

I'm making an assumption. Wow, I never realised that