I am confused with Yellow book application.

LolaS

7 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

You are mixing several different offices that are not related to one another.

* Payment (or non payment) of tax is the revenue department

* blue book is the ampoe (district office) and all that is registered in the blue book is who resides in the house / condo

* immigration - visas, permits of stay and  all TM forms

* the land office keeps track of property ownership

So when a landlord fill out a TM30 for a foreign tenant, Immigration do not check with the revenue department if the landlord has declared the rental and pays tax on the earnings.

The blue book is a residential registration for those who reside in the house / condo and the district office doesn't care if the tenants pay rent to the landlord, get paid by the landlord or how they are related (or not) to the landlord - or the house master who doesn't have to be the owner of the property.

The land office doesn't care what you do with the property, if you got a blue, yellow, pink, green or any other color of book. Nor do they care if you rent it out, live in it or leave it deserted and falling apart or whatever. 

If the current owner of the property bought it second hand with all utilities connected by previous owner (with blue book of course) she / he might have not got the blue book at the time of buying the property and might have not been concerned about it as the OP says she never lived there. I bought a unit from a previous owner who claimed to have lost the blue book. I never needed it so I never bothered with getting a new one...

But isn't land and house tax collected by land office?  They are the ones, who establish the amount you pay the tax on, usually lower than actual.. just like values for transfer tax. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/20/2019 at 1:55 PM, Sparkles said:

Well if the owner hasnt applied for one before, which is doubtful, she can to to the Tessaban and get one and sort it out for her tenant thats what most honest ,resonsible people would do. She has many properties ,she knows the rules

1. She might have bought the place from a previous owner that has not given her the blue book, and since she never lived there nor intend to live there, she didn't need one and never bothered to get a replacement book. Nothing to do with being honest or reasonable...

On 5/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Sparkles said:

I think we all understand that but only the owner can resolve this situation by saying she lives there and if she has multiple properties surely this matter has arisen before or are they all sitting empty ? Nothing to do with immigration is it ? The OP is looking for advice to get out of her yellow book predicament.Nothing we are adding really is helping

She can't just SAY that she lives there, she has to change her residential address to this unit, meaning she has to replace her ID card and driver's license as well. Also means she won't be able to vote where she actually lives... An owner of a house doesn't have to actually be registered in the house he/she is renting out...

6 minutes ago, moontang said:

But isn't land and house tax collected by land office?  They are the ones, who establish the amount you pay the tax on, usually lower than actual.. just like values for transfer tax. 

The land department collects the transfer fee and tax only once a property is being sold. Nothing to do with yearly tax with is collected by the municipality be it tambon or tesaban. Tax on earnings from anything (interest in the bank, salary, renting of property) is the revenue department.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:50 AM, jvs said:

She should go get the blue book and help you out,but ......

renting it out legally she will have to pay tax.

You can never have proof of residency if the owner does not have a blue book.

If she does not want to help you ,find another place to live.

Why bother. I and many of my friends maintain that there is absolutely no use for the yellow book at all. I can't think of a single time in the last 25 years when I could have had any use for it at all. It is only a proof of residence that you live in a certain place, but there are many other things that can do this, as well as getting a letter from immigration certifying your place of residence.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

Why bother. I and many of my friends maintain that there is absolutely no use for the yellow book at all. I can't think of a single time in the last 25 years when I could have had any use for it at all. It is only a proof of residence that you live in a certain place, but there are many other things that can do this, as well as getting a letter from immigration certifying your place of residence.

I have a yellow book when I renew my extension of stay at IMO all I do is give a copy of my yellow book no other documents relating to the property are required such as leases . When you get your yellow book you also get an ID Card . I use this for booking flights hotels , purchase of a vehicle no need to pay 500 baht to IMO for letter to confirm address , banks renew drivers licence and so on so it might not be useful to you but boy it’s very useful to me no need to be carrying my passport around andbecause I am over 60 I never have to renew it my dentist charges me Thai prices and since showing it at the Government hospital I don’t seem to pay what I used to pay . For the sake of 30/40 minutes completing the form it was worth the 500 baht 

3 hours ago, moontang said:

I bought a condo without bluebook.  A year later, I did the yellow book battle. Started by getting a blank blue... was able to put the seller on the phone with the tesaban.. she didn't have to appear.  Was given a blue, then a few weeks later given a yellow.  Just got a tax free fixed deposit for over age 55 with it... But if you already have one, yellow, get the form from the old place and it is much easier.  I did mine in South Su Thep.. Suthep is so big it is two tesaban.. translation done at cmuli for 300 THB.. translation of passport. But, my tesaban would not give an 8 year resident of the apartments next door one... they said for owner only.. Ymmv. 

I am confused, is this in chiang mai or somewhere else?

22 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

If she doesn’t have a blue book then she doesn’t have an address for the house you are renting as a blue book is only issued on completion of a build.

what should I do then?

15 minutes ago, LolaS said:

what should I do then?

Forget the yellow book.  She does not want to help you with it and is giving you the brush off.  

Do you have a TM 30 report in your pp?  That is required where as a yellow book is not.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

If she doesn’t have a blue book then she doesn’t have an address for the house you are renting as a blue book is only issued on completion of a build.

not true at all. The street address is according to where the house is built of course. The house number is assigned by the village chief after he (supposedly) checked that the house construction is completed. You then take the building permit (from the sub-district) + the documents issued by the village chief (including the address and house number) to the district office where you get the blue book.

4 hours ago, gamini said:

try getting a decent bank account without one..i am getting 1.75% tax free for a 12 month fixed deposit.  No WP, but yellow for sure.  Utility accounts...same.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:07 PM, Dante99 said:

Forget the yellow book.  She does not want to help you with it and is giving you the brush off.  

Do you have a TM 30 report in your pp?  That is required where as a yellow book is not.

those are two separate issues. why you bring t3o in conversation?

53 minutes ago, LolaS said:

those are two separate issues. why you bring t3o in conversation?

Both require a blue book and your landlord's cooperation in most cases.  Both are about where you live.  What amphur do you live in? 

Why didn't you answer the question about the tm30, it is related?

On 5/26/2019 at 1:11 PM, Dante99 said:

Both require a blue book and your landlord's cooperation in most cases.  Both are about where you live.  What amphur do you live in? 

Why didn't you answer the question about the tm30, it is related?

no, you dont need blue book for tm30. 

First of all , I apologize my English is not well.I'm Thai.

1. The blue book is show status for house address and name of the OWNER of the house.Even they're not live in there.Because, in the blue book must show the name of the owner to get address first , to ask for permanent electric miter and water from the government.

2. If the owner live in there, it will show status and name of the HOST.The host name could be the same or separate with the owner of the house.If they have many houses, the owner must select only 1 house to input their name in there , because of for election and to make ID license

3. In your case, First step , check for your house has the address. or check for electric bill , it is shows the name of the owner of the house.Then go to check the address with the head man of the village.He/she has name and address of people in the village.Talk and check with the head man is the best way to know for it.

4. If you get at lest 1 information from topic 3 .There is a blue book for sure.

5. Normally, the people who can sale the house .It is The Owner as shown their name in blue book, not The Host.Any members who live in there, must move their name from the blue book too.

6. Check for address first, If there is address,that's mean she must has a blue book for sure.Then check name of the Owner in blue book is the same with the lady who sold it for you or not. If not, I think it may cause problem. I don't know why she tells you she have not a blue book. This is a question in my mind.

I hope you will understand, I just try to give you about my opinions and hope you get lucky.

@Gentlemc landlord have many properties, she invested her money in buying houses and thai style condos around chiang mai,

this house is like 20 years in her possession.

she never had the need of blue book bcs she never lived there.

I wonder what you are discussing about since 4 pages.

To get the yellow book the house needs a blue book first. If the house does not have a blue book ask your landlord to get one. If your landlord does not want to do this for you you can decide to move out.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:28 AM, Gentlemc said:

The blue book is show status for house address and name of the OWNER of the house

You are wrong, the house book does not show the owner, only the housemaster (can be the same person, but does not have to be like this)

6 hours ago, jackdd said:

You are wrong, the house book does not show the owner, only the housemaster (can be the same person, but does not have to be like this)

Sorry , I don't know about vocabulary how to say it, I just submitted and got Blue book to my customer as his representative.

6 hours ago, LolaS said:

@Gentlemc landlord have many properties, she invested her money in buying houses and thai style condos around chiang mai,

this house is like 20 years in her possession.

she never had the need of blue book bcs she never lived there.

Check address first and go to meet the headman of the village.Please try it and good luck.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

If she won't help, go see the police. She is breaking the law.

Do you have a Thai wife/ live in GF? If so, get them to sort it. 

how is she breaking the law?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If she doesn't have a blue book, she probably isn't doing the TM 30, and that is breaking the law.

read the thread, the OP said she got the TM 30 done 

Archived