90 day report/B 400,000

In mid March I renewed my 1 year retirement using the B 800,000 method.    My extension is 10 April 2019 to 2020.    On  6 April I went to the USA and returned on 27 May.   So now my 90 day report date is 26 August.     When should I go to Immigration to show them that I have the B400,000 in the bank?    Or should I just go to Imm on 10 Jul;y which would be 90 days after the extension was issued?      I am dealing with Chiang Wattana Imm office.

11 hours ago, Spaniel said:

When should I go to Immigration to show them that I have the B400,000 in the bank?

When they tell you to. Have they? Otherwise I expect you may need to show you complied when you make your next Extension application. 

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

If you are doing your 90 day in person, perhaps you could bring your updated bank book.  Don't show them unless they ask.

I like this approach. When I renewed my visa in March (Jomtien) I was given a one page document advising I needed to bring an up to date bank book with the unmarried minimum requirement (800,000 THB) for my first 90 day reporting period. For te remainder of the 90 day reports, I will have to show a bank book updated with a minimum 400,000 THB minimum balance, which must be back up to 800,000 THB 60 days prior to seeking to renew my one year retirement visa next year.

I believe this was the process outlined, not sure if/how it is being enforced nationally. I expect Jomtien would be one of the tougher offices in terms of compliance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kuma said:

I like this approach. When I renewed my visa in March (Jomtien) I was given a one page document advising I needed to bring an up to date bank book with the unmarried minimum requirement (800,000 THB) for my first 90 day reporting period. For te remainder of the 90 day reports, I will have to show a bank book updated with a minimum 400,000 THB minimum balance, which must be back up to 800,000 THB 60 days prior to seeking to renew my one year retirement visa next year.

I believe this was the process outlined, not sure if/how it is being enforced nationally. I expect Jomtien would be one of the tougher offices in terms of compliance.

Your the first post I have read about the checking of the 400k. 90 day report is independent from any requirements to show funds in bank after extension granted. Jomtien is one of only 4 offices that have asked to report with bankbook post extension. IMO its almost unworkable. Some people travel a lot. Some spend extended periods outside los. Apart from fact for some people its a LONG round trip to imm office. 

Edited by DrJack54

23 hours ago, Spaniel said:

In mid March I renewed my 1 year retirement using the B 800,000 method.    My extension is 10 April 2019 to 2020.    On  6 April I went to the USA and returned on 27 May.   So now my 90 day report date is 26 August.     When should I go to Immigration to show them that I have the B400,000 in the bank?    Or should I just go to Imm on 10 Jul;y which would be 90 days after the extension was issued?      I am dealing with Chiang Wattana Imm office.

Are you told to report in a piece paper with a reporting date? If not why bother?

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your the first post I have read about the checking of the 400k. 90 day report is independent from any requirements to show funds in bank after extension granted. Jomtien is one of only 4 offices that have asked to report with bankbook post extension. IMO its almost unworkable. Some people travel a lot. Some spend extended periods outside los. Apart from fact for some people its a LONG round trip to imm office. 

Yes those are all somewhat valid issues, and there will be others that come up as this gets codified moving forward (or dropped as an idea for being too difficult to implement). I suspect for those like me who have a visa and are going for their first 90 day report, you bring an updated bank book with you.

For online updates, who knows what they have planned (the last I checked, I could not do online reporting for the Jomtien office, do not even recall why, somehow the site did not work). For frequent travelers, they may require you to show a bankbook with the appropriate amounts in place on the appropriate dates...but again TIT so early to say what will actually happen.

My trip to the imm office is 3 hours one way, so yes I want to get it done in one shot.

Will update here after 90 day is complete

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

If you are doing your 90 day in person, perhaps you could bring your updated bank book.  Don't show them unless they ask.

Yes, that approach worked for a friend up north. He had been told to bring his bankbook with him when he did his 90 day report late Feb. (They deliberately aligned it to his EXT renewal). When he did the 90 day recently, he was not asked for, nor bother, showing, his passbook.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kuma said:

My experience at Jomtien, when collecting extension was made to sign a copy of the rules with a specific date to show an updated passbook. It so happened that that date was within 7 days of the 90day report falling due, however I hve since exited and returned so the dates no longer match. I will play safe and turn up with the book on the date ordered.... but which desk to go to?

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

but which desk to go to?

Ask the girl at the front desk, her job to give you the ticket which decides that. I would bet the extension desk.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, alanrchase said:

It's 800,000 for the first three months. Not allowed below 400,000 for the rest of the year.

not exactly correct.  It must be brought back up to 800K for the last 2 months. 

On 5/30/2019 at 4:33 PM, rwill said:

not exactly correct.  It must be brought back up to 800K for the last 2 months. 

Update for everyone on the 800/400k requirement.

I just went today for my first 90 Day on this visa extension. I was at the Jomtien IO. 

When I did my visa renewal in March, they gave me a one pager explaining that at my first 90 Day I would need to bring an updated bank book showing a balance over 800k. 

I handed over my passport today, to a lovely immigration woman the girl says we see many times, I never recall. 

We chatted a bit, she took my passport, did not check my visa, did not ring me up on the computer, did not ask for a bank book...just stapled in the next reporting page and we were off in under two minutes.

I am sure the fact she is familiar with us was a factor, but there was no mention of the bankbook at all.

Perfect.

2 minutes ago, kuma said:

I just went today for my first 90 Day on this visa extension. I was at the Jomtien IO. 

When I did my visa renewal in March, they gave me a one pager explaining that at my first 90 Day I would need to bring an updated bank book showing a balance over 800k. 

90 day report has nothing to do with 3 mth bankbook check. check your paper again.

18 minutes ago, yodsak said:

90 day report has nothing to do with 3 mth bankbook check. check your paper again.

Order 35/2561 states:

(4). At least 2 months prior to the filing date and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,000, 

However some IO have interpreted that as 2 months before for the very first application only, thereafter 3 months before as per the old order. They are wrong in my opinion.

If in doubt and you don't know what your own IO is enforcing, take the safe route of 3 months before.

Thanks Tanoshi, original poster of this info

22 minutes ago, kuma said:

I handed over my passport today, to a lovely immigration woman the girl says we see many times, I never recall. 

We chatted a bit, she took my passport, did not check my visa, did not ring me up on the computer, did not ask for a bank book...just stapled in the next reporting page and we were off in under two minutes.

I am sure the fact she is familiar with us was a factor, but there was no mention of the bankbook at all.

Perfect.

I did my renewal in March at Jomtien also but the next dates  for the 90 day report and showing the bank book are not the same.

3 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I did my renewal in March at Jomtien also but the next dates  for the 90 day report and showing the bank book are not the same.

So you are suggesting that when visiting the IO you must specify you are there to do:

1. 90 day report

2. Confirmation of 800k bank balance

And that in stating such you are given two queue tickets, one to go get your 90 day report complete, and then go to a second queue (and a different officer) to show your updated bank book and get confirmation you met the "800k, 90 day after visa issuance requirement"?

Are there any persons here that can confirm they completed this process? At immigration, I assumed: 1. One office would be responsible for both reporting conditions

2. The front desk that issues queue tickets would have scanned my passport, understood it was my first 90 day, and given me the appropriate queue tickets.

Thanks in advance for responding.

21 minutes ago, kuma said:

So you are suggesting that when visiting the IO you must specify you are there to do:

1. 90 day report

And that in stating such you are given two queue tickets, one to go get your 90 day report complete, and then go to a second queue (and a different officer) to show your updated bank book and get confirmation you met the "800k, 90 day after visa issuance requirement"?

Are there any persons here that can confirm they completed this process? At immigration, I assumed: 1. One office would be responsible for both reporting conditions

2. The front desk that issues queue tickets would have scanned my passport, understood it was my first 90 day, and given me the appropriate queue tickets.

Thanks in advance for responding.

You need to open your passport and find the paper telling you the date to report back to Jomtien Immigration with a bank book.  No one has done a bank book report from Jomtien yet because the earliest report date is in June and Tuesday June 4 will be the first day the Immigration Office is open this month.

5 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

You need to open your passport and find the paper telling you the date to report back to Jomtien Immigration with a bank book.  No one has done a bank book report from Jomtien yet because the earliest report date is in June and Tuesday June 4 will be the first day the Immigration Office is open this month.

SEtonal, thanks for that response

I did indeed get a piece of paper from IO on my visa renewal date, stating I would need to show proof of 800k - but we have misplaced that paper during a house move we made in the interim.

So when I did my 90 day report Friday past, I assumed that was the trigger for them to check my bankbook for appropriate funds (visa issuance + 90 days)

The office did not ask, they did not direct me to another desk to do the report so I (foolishly perhaps) assumed the requirement had lapsed (as so many of these diktats have over the years), but now I am wondering if that paper indeed says June 4_ somehow, and I have just condemend myself to another return trip to Jomtien IO to do that - 3 hours one way ????

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kuma said:

1. 90 day report

yes

90 day report is not at the same time.  separate. different desk.

3 mth bankbook check is 3 mths after you got your retirement visa. so you need to go back 3 mths after renewal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, yodsak said:

yes

90 day report is not at the same time.  separate. different desk.

3 mth bankbook check is 3 mths after you got your retirement visa. so you need to go back 3 mths after renewal.

Ok sounds like two confirmations, and thanks for that.

We are tearing apart still packed boxes trying to find that letter. I Personally have a file where all related materials for visas for each year are stored - for a few reasons that letter did not make it into the file and now I suspect it will confirm what you and SEtonal are saying.

Cost = time, wear and tear, costs and headache from the fact i'm having to do this. But in the end my responsibility so so nom na as they say......

Cheers for the replies

if i would extend every year based on retirement using 800k in the bank, how could i comply with immi rules to report with my bbook 400k say after 8 months when  i would stay only 7 to 8 months in los ???

roobaa01

3 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

if i would extend every year based on retirement using 800k in the bank, how could i comply with immi rules to report with my bbook 400k say after 8 months when  i would stay only 7 to 8 months in los ???

roobaa01

I have been assuming  the 'bankbook proof' timing would be aligned with 90 day reporting, and there would be the need to show your bank book (you or your agent or whatever - or if doing an onilne report, having to submit a digital image of bankbook or some other compliance method) on the first 90 day report (at the same time, same desk, same officer) and .....

if you were out of the country your 90 days date would move as per the long established process - and then, not sure what Thai Imm has in mind- that you have 400k min no matter how long you stay away, a cost of having the 'convenience' of an annual retirement visa. That you choose to spend time away, I suspect they may decide, is yours and if you want a retirement visa instead of other types of visas available, then that's your decision, and the 400k minimum must always be maintained - but in the end its up to them.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kuma said:

Ok sounds like two confirmations, and thanks for that.We are tearing apart still packed boxes trying to find that letter.

You probably don't need it,   go back 3 mths from your renewal with updated book, Go to desk 8 tell them you've lost it..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1