Teenager dies in close-riding collision

rooster59

Teenager dies in close-riding collision

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1559366048_1.jpg

Police wave traffic past the scene. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: One teenager was killed and another taken to hospital with minor injuries on Friday (May 31) after the pair collided in front of Krungsri Bank, Cherng Talay Branch, in Thalang.

Yarnphat Malai of Cherng Talay Police was notified of the accident at around 9pm and arrived at the scene on Srisoonthorn Rd to find two teenagers lying in the road.

The first teenager, 17-year-old Thai national Daranphop Panjarak, was unconscious with blood draining from his mouth and ears. Cherng Talay Municipality rescue workers administered CPR at the roadside and called for an ambulance. Mr Daranphop was rushed to Thalang Hospital but later died.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/teenager-dies-in-close-riding-collision-71626.php#7CoMchLslCDrPPx6.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-02

When some of you ask ' Were they wearing a helmet? '  

Have you seen the standard of bike helmets worn and used by the Thais and tourists?

Do you think they offer any protection whatsoever? And they won't buy the good quality helmets because ' they cost too much '

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

I know this is not news and it is sad that another young kid is dead before his life has started but they never learn. Sure, I am sorry he is dead.

I live semi-rural but urbanization has turned our quiet village into a mini town and the actual town now is fully fledged with a Big Tesco, banks, Big C, etc.

Every day I head to the lake in the city limits to exercise usually at school finishing times. Every day is the same thing. Bikes riding side by side, with Thai kids resting their foot on the bike riding adjacent ' because they think that it is cute or whatever ' also, no helmets, kids on phones including the drivers all with silly smirks on their faces, and the last thing they are looking at is the road! They depart from their friends, and just to announce their departure, they rev and fly off at high speed in the vicinity of the local hospital, which also is the area of two of the local schools.

The roads in my area are extremely busy with 16 wheel trucks, due to being the home of one of Thailand's largest sugar plants. Every day massive loads of sugar cane, driving at speed, are transported here. The school kids are just oblivious to it all buried in their ' handsets ' There is a police presence in the area at school finishing time, but nothing is done to stop these kids phoning or texting and riding, by the cops. .

Awareness should be made in schools, on TV adverts, at village meetings, on the radio, and maybe even at bloody lottery stands!!!..... but it won't happen!

Then, as is the norm, they are up hunting and begging for donations up at our house and others for the funerals, when their son or daughter has been killed due to ignorance and stupidity in a road accident. However, they don't blame themselves for this, they believe it was ' their child's time to leave this Earth '  A great way to excuse themselves of responsibility!

The levels of blind stupidity are mind-boggling. You cannot tell them, or you get a total look of derision and pure arrogance.

Very true but they say ignorance is bliss.  However generally they will not learn because there has been an orchestrated form of state brainwashing since 1932, but more acute since 1951  and combine that with the corruption within the Thai Buddhist philosophy you end up with what we find now. But what amasses me even more is when educated westerners attempt to gloss over the facts and portray them in a false light. It may help their own egos to do so but it certainly does not help the local Thais if you do not attempt to support , assist and educate them because  you pretend "every thing is perfect".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

I know this is not news and it is sad that another young kid is dead before his life has started but they never learn. Sure, I am sorry he is dead.

I live semi-rural but urbanization has turned our quiet village into a mini town and the actual town now is fully fledged with a Big Tesco, banks, Big C, etc.

Every day I head to the lake in the city limits to exercise usually at school finishing times. Every day is the same thing. Bikes riding side by side, with Thai kids resting their foot on the bike riding adjacent ' because they think that it is cute or whatever ' also, no helmets, kids on phones including the drivers all with silly smirks on their faces, and the last thing they are looking at is the road! They depart from their friends, and just to announce their departure, they rev and fly off at high speed in the vicinity of the local hospital, which also is the area of two of the local schools.

The roads in my area are extremely busy with 16 wheel trucks, due to being the home of one of Thailand's largest sugar plants. Every day massive loads of sugar cane, driving at speed, are transported here. The school kids are just oblivious to it all buried in their ' handsets ' There is a police presence in the area at school finishing time, but nothing is done to stop these kids phoning or texting and riding, by the cops. .

Awareness should be made in schools, on TV adverts, at village meetings, on the radio, and maybe even at bloody lottery stands!!!..... but it won't happen!

Then, as is the norm, they are up hunting and begging for donations up at our house and others for the funerals, when their son or daughter has been killed due to ignorance and stupidity in a road accident. However, they don't blame themselves for this, they believe it was ' their child's time to leave this Earth '  A great way to excuse themselves of responsibility!

The levels of blind stupidity are mind-boggling. You cannot tell them, or you get a total look of derision and pure arrogance.

And most of their parents know they do things like this but say nothing.

Why? Well there's no doubt several reasons. One Major reason they say nothing Is because they fear their kids won't love them.

As an adult my Thai son has mentioned several time that he often realized after the event that a scolding I had given him was justified and from the scolding he learned things. 

He follows the same approach with his three kids, he tells them when they have done something wrong (never violent, never severe abuse) and then he focuses on why it was wrong and what the consequences could be, all very calm and he holds their hands to show love at the same time, then he asked 'what did you just learn?'. And they know daddy wants an answer.

If they say they 'don't know' he realizes his 'lecture' has missed the point and he approaches an explanation of 'why' a different way.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Fun. Its all laughs and smiles and a great thing to be doing, till it all goes wrong. Disaster is often just a split second away from delight. RIP Daranphop Panjarak.

Ahhh yes, pink is delightful and just a slip away from the brown... often I've made that mistake playing snooker !

According to statistics Thailand has the highest fatality rate among teenagers from motorbike accidents. Why are there classes in schools educating “kids” how to drive these machines. Why aren’t police enforcing the law? ...and what about good parenting ? This carnage will never end—( just smile and say nothing)????????????????

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

When some of you ask ' Were they wearing a helmet? '  

Have you seen the standard of bike helmets worn and used by the Thais and tourists?

Do you think they offer any protection whatsoever? And they won't buy the good quality helmets because ' they cost too much '

ya mate agree with u. those 200baht helmet from big c or teso are known by the rescue services as "Brain Bucket" coz all its good for after an accident it holding the brains. However having said this,i also understand that not everyone can afford a proper helmet costing min 1000baht when they are getting 10k per mth in wages so .... maybe RTP should sponsor?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

ya mate agree with u. those 200baht helmet from big c or teso are known by the rescue services as "Brain Bucket" coz all its good for after an accident it holding the brains. However having said this,i also understand that not everyone can afford a proper helmet costing min 1000baht when they are getting 10k per mth in wages so .... maybe RTP should sponsor?

The problem with a lot of these young guys, and I know plenty of them in the 18-35 age bracket up here, is that they would sooner get their wages, giggle like schoolboys, and spend 2-3,000 baht out of their 10,000 baht salaries for a night at the local whorehouse!

They could buy a decent safety helmet, only the other helmet takes priority!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

As yet there is no cure for stupidity, but I have no doubt some Thai will claim a cure for it one day. As for these children. Expect the bikes didn't belong to them either, probably the parents and is often the case therefore no legal insurance so will be begging and borrowing to cover the funeral costs. Next.

Motorbikes are hardly ever insured. However license or not, compulsory 3rd party insurance (Porobor) will pay, so also here they will pay.

21 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Motorbikes are hardly ever insured. However license or not, compulsory 3rd party insurance (Porobor) will pay, so also here they will pay.

You get must get compulsory insurance in order to get parabor. No 3rd party ins. no parabor. They go hand in glove when renewing at the Land Department so as I say they will have no insurance (because of no parabor either)

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

You get must get compulsory insurance in order to get parabor. No 3rd party ins. no parabor. They go hand in glove when renewing at the Land Department so as I say they will have no insurance (because of no parabor either)

No idea what you are talk about. Almost every mbike has gov compulsory insurance - porobor ... to obtain the road tax sticker.  Don't know what you mean by '3rd party'. This compulsory offers limited cover. Zero mechanical damages. Limited hospital cover for driver and passenger. Might be up to 100k baht these days. No questions asked by insurance about licence status. 

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

No idea what you are talk about. Almost every mbike has gov compulsory insurance - parabor.  Don't know what you mean by '3rd party'. This compulsory offers limited cover. Zero mechanical damages. Limited hospital cover for driver and passenger. Might be up to 100k baht these days. No questions asked by insurance about licence status. 

parabor is the road tax, the little thing with the date on it. It is not insurance . You can not get parabor without presenting the 3rd party ins note at the desk. You are correct about ins cover being low.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

The bikes they ride cost 5 to 50 times as much as a crash helmet, most dealers will throw in a helmet as part of the deal. The root of the problem is education and law enforcement. 

They and and their parents always think it will happen to someone else and the RTP are complicit in allowing law breaking by not enforcing helmet laws.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

parabor is the road tax, the little thing with the date on it. It is not insurance . You can not get parabor without presenting the 3rd party ins note at the desk. You are correct about ins cover being low.

That is in colloquial speech called the porobor or porobor insurance, officially ctp.

It is not 3rd party insurance, simply very limited cover for medical expenses or death for every one involved.

Edited by stevenl