Teenager dies in close-riding collision

rooster59

On 6/2/2019 at 7:14 AM, geoffbezoz said:

As yet there is no cure for stupidity

Very true and I have often said that "you can't fix stupid" and you simply can't, especially where the stupidity involves amulets, "not my time to die" and so on.

Something I will add, is that I have seen an increasing number of older farangs riding around the place here without crash helmets on, or with them hanging off the handlebars, so perhaps they have been guilty of leaving their brains on the aeroplane when they arrived here, or inherently have the "stupidity gene" in their make up and it has now come to the fore.

The stupidity never ends and a few days ago I saw an older woman on a motorbike, no crash helmet on, with a baby in one hand, driving the motorbike with the other, so as you can imagine there were no indicators used. Add to that the three or four very young kids on a motorbike, with perhaps the youngest one being the driver.

And to top the lot I saw a boy who I would have put at about 10 years old driving around Patong the other day, but at least he had a crash helmet on!!!!

To add a little more dose of stupidity, a cop on a motorbike was waiting at the traffic lights along with five other Thais on motorbikes, none of whom were wearing a crash helmet, and he did absolutely nothing about it.

That is certainly one area that could help improve things in this madness.......cops doing their jobs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Very true and I have often said that "you can't fix stupid" and you simply can't, especially where the stupidity involves amulets, "not my time to die" and so on.

Something I will add, is that I have seen an increasing number of older farangs riding around the place here without crash helmets on, or with them hanging off the handlebars, so perhaps they have been guilty of leaving their brains on the aeroplane when they arrived here, or inherently have the "stupidity gene" in their make up and it has now come to the fore.

The stupidity never ends and a few days ago I saw an older woman on a motorbike, no crash helmet on, with a baby in one hand, driving the motorbike with the other, so as you can imagine there were no indicators used. Add to that the three or four very young kids on a motorbike, with perhaps the youngest one being the driver.

And to top the lot I saw a boy who I would have put at about 10 years old driving around Patong the other day, but at least he had a crash helmet on!!!!

To add a little more dose of stupidity, a cop on a motorbike was waiting at the traffic lights along with five other Thais on motorbikes, none of whom were wearing a crash helmet, and he did absolutely nothing about it.

That is certainly one area that could help improve things in this madness.......cops doing their jobs

That's just madness.... cops doing their jobs 

• Sad 1

On 6/2/2019 at 9:09 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Daily fodder for Thai evening news...they never disappoint!

...and never learn.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, toenail said:

According to statistics Thailand has the highest fatality rate among teenagers from motorbike accidents. Why are there classes in schools educating “kids” how to drive these machines. Why aren’t police enforcing the law? ...and what about good parenting ? This carnage will never end—( just smile and say nothing)????????????????

1.  Thai education system is barely capable of teaching them basic math.  Motorcycle safety is way beyond their capability.   
It should be taught by local thai men and women that are responsible and skilled riders.  Kids would take it more seriously.   
2.  The clowns that are called police are... well, clowns and are incapable of being police.  

3.  Good parenting?  Many parents aren't even good people, forget about good parenting skills.  

Alcohol is most likely a major contributing factor in a lot of these accidents.

It won't end until it's taken seriously and people want change and are willing to effect the change.   

Edited by Nowisee