Trump says British royal Meghan was 'nasty' to him in new interview

webfact

1 minute ago, Morty T said:

Did she move to Canada ? No, like all liberals of her ilk, she stayed and benefited from the Trump economy, all the while complaining about it. 

No, she moved to Britain and will now enjoy a free ride for the rest of her life!

Mind you, she will be OK there as there is plenty of tree hugging, mindless idle leftie liberals to talk to. They talk a lot but don't do much!

11 minutes ago, quandow said:

Not sure what clip YOU listened to. Go to about 45 seconds on this clip, it will play the whole thing in proper context. He called her nasty. It happened.

It was in a piece between Piers Morgan and Kevin Maguire on GMB if it bothers you that much. They played the original interview recorded in the white house by (I think) Tom Newton-Dunne ahead of Trump's visit.

1 minute ago, quandow said:

Then I WILL explain exactly what he said:

"I didn't know she was nasty."

See the above post for his comment in context. I find it peculiar when people will be so picayune about the English language and its subtleties, yet do so with so many punctuation errors.

Trump was replying to questions asked about Megans comments .

They were comments made 3 years ago and Trump meant "I didnt know she was (made the) nasty (comments)

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Insulting Ms. Markle (Duchess of Essex) hardly qualifies as a policy achievement.

As a Dagenham lad, I'd only be too pleased to have MM as an Essex girl. A Duchess as well!! I never did. Royalty in Essex. Reminds me of the old days.

Our Essex girls are lovely as they are but having MM in their fold will give The Irons the boost they need for the coming season. Hope MM likes claret and blue?

Edited by owl sees all
Took out Hammers and put in Irons
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Morty T said:

Did she move to Canada ?

"We film Suits in Canada, I just might stay in Canada."

A joke (note that the joke defense is used by trump apologists hourly) made in passing on Larry Wilmore's show in 2016.

That said, believe she did move though.

Apologies for the Essex, Sussex mix-up. I'm from Berkshire, and Middlesex, in ye olde People's Republic of Massachusetts.

Edited by mtls2005

6 hours ago, webfact said:

I think he's a terrific guy. The royal family is really nice," Trump told ITV. "He couldn't have been nicer."

Wonderful. A nice president, nice words, a nice Queen, nice Meghan, nice weather, nice world,..... Are we not all a bit nice???? 

What a BS....! 

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There's always something, I just can't quite put my finger on it, about trump's targetted focus for insults. Hmm, what could it be? Let me think...

Trump's tactic to attack black people and women: insult their intelligence

Donald Trump has an endless and varied supply of insults and playground taunts to hurl at opponents but appears to have a one-track mind when it comes to African Americans and women.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/10/trump-attacks-twitter-black-people-women

Again, with the name-calling. Clearly, he was bullied as a child, Dad favored Fred Jr (who had his own demons), and Dad was always out a Klan or ANP rallies, and he's just never grown out of this childish phase. Those of us who are parents would be very disappointed if our eleven year-olds behaved this way.

Strange your  comments considering Trump's history. Trump Tower for example his crowing jewel in New York had a chief engineer that was a woman. In the 70's there was only a handful of women in the world compared with hundreds of men who were qualified to do that job yet Trump chose a woman. In the same period when New York was having budget issues layoffs Trump hired a layedoff black police officer to lead his security. There were many more white officers available. He bucked the trends in a era when racism and sexism were the norm. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevenl said:

In the Sun interview he did call her nasty, denied it and called it fake news, and when the audio of the interview was released ignored it.

So yes, he did call her nasty.

I have to say in his defence his knowledge of diplomacy is limited...

1644983678_download(9).jpg.ab1aa6af689768471230a889b383c976.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

The most divisive of men, I sometimes wonder besides being narcissistic, he seems to have no filters about what he says, or how he says it.

Wonder if he may be on the autism spectrum  as well. Presents with some other traits as well. Just a thought.

I am sure the Duchess will be just shrugging her shoulders, and treating his thoughts and expletives with the contempt they deserve. 

She certainly landed a better prospect than "moving to Canada" !!  ????

2 hours ago, quandow said:

Not sure what clip YOU listened to. Go to about 45 seconds on this clip, it will play the whole thing in proper context. He called her nasty. It happened.

Can't believe I wasted a full 2 minutes on that, but I was curious. Actually, my interpretation is that he called her actions nasty, not MM nasty.

In either case, who cares? Isn't he allowed to have his personal opinion?  MM called him mysogonistic, why isn't that in the headline? I think they'd sell more papers with a headline like "British royal family members think Trump is a mysogonist."  It would be just as true based on that video and probably more entertaining than "nasty".

Must be a slow news day....

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

1. I didn't walk back anywhere.

2. She is a member of the Royal household and therefore not entitled to free speech, the price you pay for the job!

3. I have never been a Trump fan, so this comment is irrelevant.

4. He is getting things done, he may not be doing it in the presidential way you like it or following the rules of predecessors but that is why the Americans chose him, as a change to the norm.

5. I think she is now the Duchess of Sussex, not Essex. Also, I think it was her that ' cast the first stone ' in insults.

Except, of course, she made her comments before she was a member of the royal household. As for Trump "getting things done", is that the criterion of a good president. Doesn't it matter what he gets done. Are huge tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy, loosening controls over big banks and hedge funds are things you favor, appointing extremely pro-corporate anti worker justices to federal courts are thing you approve of, then I can understand why you commend Trump's accomplishments.

As for "Americans chose him"...keep in mind that few Americans voted for him than Hillary Clinton. So he was hardly a popular choice. And as the midterms showed, despite a strong economy, he's not what could be called "popular" now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

When someone says "I am not a Trump fan but" what that invariably means is that he or she is a huge Trump fan but is trying to gain some credibility by denying it. 

No,

Not a fan, but I am changing my mind and beginning to like him!

• Sad 1