"Flask under the brake pedal" Benz driver says sorry with a wai

webfact

"Flask under the brake pedal" Benz driver says sorry with a wai

6pm.jpg

Caption: Man in black Benz wais in apology

The Mercedes Benz driver who caused carnage on Ngam Wong Wan Road in Bangkok last week has wai-ed in apology for the eight people he injured and the one person who died. 

Niratpoom, 32, is sticking to his story that the reason for the accident was that a thermos flask got wedged under his brake pedal in his CLS 250 car. 

A pick-up overturned and collided with a Soluna and a motorbike was damaged. 

A video on dash cam caught part of the carnage. 

Niratpoom went to Ratanathibet police yesterday with the flask. 

He has been charged with three offences of dangerous and negligent driving causing death, injury and damage.

Following his date with the police he went with his lawyer and family members to the hospital to meet the family that were in the pick-up. 

He apologized and discussed compensation with a mother as she cradled her infant baby, reported Sanook.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-05

• Haha 1

Thank goodness for dash cams which often can disprove lies. The government should issue a law that all new cars are equipped with dashcams as standard.

Knowing that dashcams are abundant could act as a deterent. Well! Hopefully! 

3 hours ago, z42 said:

In other news, old pady actually sent to jail and fined 150k for a land dispute.. I don't buy the flask excuse, the video doesn't look to support his excuse either

He hits the brake seconds after hitting. Watch the lights.

But is it justice? Wave a handful of money, make a wai and everything is solved?
In jail, and no license for a long time.
This is the law of the rich, you have money to pay and go.

Edited by 30la

57 minutes ago, legend49 said:

He hits the brake seconds after hitting. Watch the lights.

Good Point, and then he gets off the brakes immediately, and doesn't it look like he accelerated as soon as he let off the brakes?

Edited by Lee4Life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Thank goodness for dash cams which often can disprove lies. The government should issue a law that all new cars are equipped with dashcams as standard.

Knowing that dashcams are abundant could act as a deterent. Well! Hopefully! 

Most people come here to escape the Nanny State syndrome, you want more laws? Struth.

The driver of the Benz was speeding and more than likely talking on his phone or having a wank. Just crap driving. A dash cam is not a substitute for being vigilant.

The pick up was hit from behind by a clown, make him pay until he bleeds.

• Like 2

I just watched that carnage filled video and then looked again at the photo of the little shit in a white shirt kneeling and waiing to the grief stricken woman. He's discussing compensation at this stressful time, before he's even been in a courtroom and faced a judge. I wonder who the Mickey Mouse camoclad large female behind him is? Certainly not his lawyer or mother.........surely?

My take after watching the video numerous times is that he was travelling at excessive speed and tried a side-slide to his left, clipping the pick-up in the process hard enough to knock it out of control.

In the process, sure, he touched the brake momentarily but the natural reaction was to shirk his responsibility (just like Red Bull boy) and speed off even with the hood blocking his vision.

"Flask" my ass!! That was just a dumb, drummed up excuse to try and explain his irresponsible, wreckless actions. Persons like him don't carry a liquid in a flask, unless of course it was liquid that shouldn't be consumed while driving (maybe).

I see it as a simple case of self-import and a me-first attitude of driving.

"Book'm Dano"

• Like 1