Re-entry permit at BKK airport - need 90 day or TM30 reports?

As in the title, I heard if applying a reentry permit at an IO around the country they want to see up to date 90 day reports, and TM30s have been done.

Does this also apply when doing it at BKK airport when flying out, or do they just want the Tm8 reentry form filled in with pp copies?

Thnks

I was at Nonthaburi IO this week to do my 90 day report after a recent OS trip and I was also going to get a single re-entry permit on my Non-Imm O-A activated for the additional 2nd year. 

I wanted a re-entry permit open dated to use anytime over the next few months, but noticed on the form I had to fill in departure date, destination, purpose of visit and details of return date etc. Obviously this info wouldn't be required for multiple re-entry permit. 

I have to go back to IO as they require a fresh TM30 in order for me to complete my 90 day report. 

Can I get a single re-entry permit and just leave the departure and arrival dates blank on the form, or do they need to be completed in full? I realise probably easier at BKK or DM airports on departure but I still have unfinished business to do with IO.. Any advice appreciated.. 

3 minutes ago, owenm said:

I was at Nonthaburi IO this week to do my 90 day report after a recent OS trip and I was also going to get a single re-entry permit on my Non-Imm O-A activated for the additional 2nd year. 

I wanted a re-entry permit open dated to use anytime over the next few months, but noticed on the form I had to fill in departure date, destination, purpose of visit and details of return date etc. Obviously this info wouldn't be required for multiple re-entry permit. 

I have to go back to IO as they require a fresh TM30 in order for me to complete my 90 day report. 

Can I get a single re-entry permit and just leave the departure and arrival dates blank on the form, or do they need to be completed in full? I realise probably easier at BKK or DM airports on departure but I still have unfinished business to do with IO.. Any advice appreciated.. 

Whatever departure/arrival dates you put on the form, you will get a re-entry permit that is valid till your next extension date.

Edited by damascase
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owenm said:

Can I get a single re-entry permit and just leave the departure and arrival dates blank on the form, or do they need to be completed in full?

Some offices will allow you to leave those dates blank. You can put any dates you want to on the application since they mean nothing. They do not appear on the re-entry permit stamp.

The re-entry permit will be valid to date your current permit to stay ends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They do not look for either report at the airport.

You don't even need the TM8 form or any thing else. They will do it all for you and you pay a 200 baht service charge for them to it.

Well I suppose that is better than going to your local IO and paying 1000Bt, but as this is Thailand, I don't think it will be as simple as that.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Well I suppose that is better than going to your local IO and paying 1000Bt, but as this is Thailand, I don't think it will be as simple as that.

The re-entry permit still costs 1k baht and the service charge is added to it.

I got a single entry re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi May 31.  Nothing other than passport asked for. Application autofilled by computer.  Done in 10 minutes.  B1000 + B200 picture fee.  No option to provide your own pic.

I have the  retirement extension.

Edited by dddave

On 6/6/2019 at 12:43 PM, dddave said:

I got a single entry re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi May 31.  Nothing other than passport asked for. Application autofilled by computer.  Done in 10 minutes.  B1000 + B200 picture fee.  No option to provide your own pic.

I have the  retirement extension.

I did mine about a month before you and took my own completed form with my photo attached. It saves 200THB if you have the printing facilities of your own already and is acceptable.

Indeed I didn't need to contact the first counter and an second IO wandering by sent me straight onto the waiting seats whilst they processed my permit thus passing by the first counter, but this can only work if there is an extra IO around to come and take your application forms off you beforehand.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:43 PM, possum1931 said:
On 6/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, ubonjoe said:

The re-entry permit still costs 1k baht and the service charge is added to it.

I thought that Joe, but you are still paying for the same thing twice.

I have no idea what you think is being paid for twice. Perhaps, you could explain. These are alternatives. You do not need to do both:

• Reentry permit at a Bangkok airport; typically 1,200 baht (though the 200 baht service fee can be avoided with some hassle). Very easy and quick process.
  • Reentry permit at an immigration office: costs 1,000 baht. Lays you open to scrutiny to make sure you have met all the stupid reporting requirements. May take hours, and may even require more than one trip to the immigration office.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I have no idea what you think is being paid for twice. Perhaps, you could explain. These are alternatives. You do not need to do both:

• Reentry permit at a Bangkok airport; typically 1,200 baht (though the 200 baht service fee can be avoided with some hassle). Very easy and quick process.
  • Reentry permit at an immigration office: costs 1,000 baht. Lays you open to scrutiny to make sure you have met all the stupid reporting requirements. May take hours, and may even require more than one trip to the immigration office.

Can you get a re entry permit at Don Muang, or is it easier to go to Swampy?

Don Muang would be more convenient for me.

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Can you get a re entry permit at Don Muang, or is it easier to go to Swampy?

Don Muang would be more convenient for me.

You get the reentry permit on the day you depart the country at whichever airport you are flying out of.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, Digitalbanana said:

I did mine about a month before you and took my own completed form with my photo attached. It saves 200THB if you have the printing facilities of your own already and is acceptable.

Same here. Printing off and completing the TM8 prior to going to the airport and providing your own photo saves the 200 baht admin fee and a few minutes. 

B200?

I remember many years ago when it cost B200 for processing a REP at Swampy, but the girl had to key everything in.

But I’ve never had to pay B200 at DMK and the last time at Swampy, in 2016, I didn’t have to pay B200. Now their computer will fill in and print out the form. All they have to do is take a photo, which the computer inserts into the form.

At both desks I just hand them my passport.

But I always got a MEREP. Maybe there’s a difference with a SEREP?

Once at DMK I handed over B4,000 and waited for my change, which they didn’t hand over. When I asked about the B200, they said “tip, tip.” I laughed and asked for my due change and they finally pulled it out and gave it to me while chuckling.

Now I always have B3,800 in exact change ready.