Where to get tubeless tires put on rims

A few years ago we got a bike 2nd hand from an expat. One of the reasons we took him up on his ad was that the bike had mags. I really hate the spoked rims because the tubes here are garbage and usually you are doing tube changes all the time. But when we were making the deal he told us that he had taken the valve stems out and put tubes in. Apparently, he thought he was being clever, but it turned out the bike needed several new tubes over the last two years. So much for his theory.

Anyhow, the tires are worn so I got new ones, but I don't know where to go to get them done. It seems the majority of the motorcycle tire shops only do tube repairs and don't have the equipment to put tires on mag rims. And the car places don't seem to want to do motorcycle tires. We found one guy nearby who would do it, but he didn't have valve stems. The guy further down said what we wanted to do was impossible, lol.

Anyhow, what kind of shop am I looking for? I am in the sticks but I go to the city frequently. Chiang Rai specifically

9 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

For us it's Metropolis.

hi Canuckamuck   google Today Moto, Chiang Rai   . Hes a racer with his own shop. He just put my IZ'S on my CBR . 500 baht for installation . I couldn't find the phone number and I am useless in trying to post google maps 

Randell

• Like 1

Your more than welcome. I was surprised how many tires shops I went into and not go ,only cars and the bike shops only change Dream s/Waves etc. There has to be more than this fellow but I haven't discovered it or them yet. If any one in the CR area know please let us all know it would be valuable to know for the future.

12 hours ago, Randell said:

Your more than welcome. I was surprised how many tires shops I went into and not go ,only cars and the bike shops only change Dream s/Waves etc. There has to be more than this fellow but I haven't discovered it or them yet. If any one in the CR area know please let us all know it would be valuable to know for the future.

It is mind-boggling to me that all these shops, that change bike tires with tubes, usually fail to perceive that they could also change tires with mags. At least 20% of the scooters have mags these days. Or why don't big tire shops for cars, figure out that there is money to be made with bike tires.

Anyhow, thanks for the help we will call them sometime today.

• Like 1