3BB

PattayaGuy2019

Although I think 3BB have the best internet speeds and reliability in Thailand a word of advice. Their 5G router is shipped with the fire wall off and port scan protection off and ddos is off. So you need to get into the firmware to enable these settings.

Hope this helps.

The 3bb router for fibre supplied I found to be total dog shit, just bridge it and use a seperate router to manage the network and security, really don't know why they offer such a terrible router 

2 hours ago, kmw said:

The 3bb router for fibre supplied I found to be total dog shit, just bridge it and use a seperate router to manage the network and security, really don't know why they offer such a terrible router 

Ok, can you please be a little more specific about what all that dog shit is? All the functions are there, if you do know how to use them it will say. On speed tests it performs well, and my scan can not find any vurnerabilities in the system both checking wifi and cable.

• Haha 1

I don't think it's dog shit. We have had our router for 12 months and using 5GH wifi we have had speeds of 500mb.

Please check it's configured properly or it could be another fault in front of the router i.e. phone or PC or behind it i.e. faulty cable. I have found their technical very good, so give them a call and ask them to check your set up.

Edited by PattayaGuy2019

OMG I used the term 5G instead of 5GH band I am so sorry for that. Also it's your choice if you demonise Huawei but having used their equipment I think they are very high quaulty units and would advice anyone to ignore the bullshit coming out of the usa. The UK new 5G networks all use Huawei equipment... so work it out for yourself <removed>

On 6/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, kmw said:

I have one of those fibre home routers, Huawei, for it to manage the network is terrible, you can can do a search on the forums and many people will bridge it

As I point of information 3BB routers are not made by Huawei.