What will happen if Trump finds out...

Last week the USA changed India from a 2rd world country to a 2nd world country and stopped the privileged customs for Indian exports, also because India demands very high customs for imports. Now I am curious what will happen if Trump finds out that it´s the same with Thailand. They also get very low customs for exports in the US (chemicals, hard discs and computer parts and so on) but demands crazy tariffs for US wines, cars and so on (for cars it´s 200 - 300%). Thailand makes a lot of money with these high customs - one reason why the VAT is so low - but if they have to lower them dramatically, the country will get a huge financial problem. Thailand buys it´s military equipment mostly in China. Trump could say "buy at us or...". What do you think?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Thailand buys it´s military equipment mostly in China. Trump could say "buy at us or...". What do you think?

I couldn't care less there's nothing I can do about it, what will be will be  Que Sera, Sera and all that. 

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I couldn't care less there's nothing I can do about it, what will be will be  Que Sera, Sera and all that. 

No, you can´t do anything - but you´ll feel the result in your pocket. 

41 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

What do you think?

I told President Trump a Tomahawk cruise missile attack on Bangkok would be OK. 

I told him to avoid Asok and Nana areas.

And Pattaya Soi 6.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Just avoid Asok and Nana areas.

And Pattaya Soi 6.

Good luck everyone.

No problem. I am living in Chiang Mai.

Could you tell him to avoid the Soi Buakhao area too please. 

Edited by CNXexpat
typo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

No problem. I am living in Chiang Mai.

Could you please tell him to avoid the Soi Buakhao area too please. 

He's moody. He is not answering the Red phone. I think its a negotiation tactic. 

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

So ultimately thanks to Trump every famine ridden nation would at least get their Nikies at cheap prices ? Or did I miss something ?

I am German, I wear adidas or Puma, German brands.

I guess you´ll get cheap imported cars and other stuff but much more higher taxes. And a very low Bath. Thailand is an export nation. They can´t mess with their biggest customer.

15 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

No, you can´t do anything - but you´ll feel the result in your pocket. 

Again I don't think in a morbid way, my pocket I can't do much about that either my wife can buy my beer if anything comes of it.

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I told him to avoid Asok and Nana areas.

And Pattaya Soi 6.

Good luck everyone.

Be careful of Soi 6 in Pattaya, they have made the startling discovery it has prostitutes! Hard to believe in a world class family resort, but there you have it.

17 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I am German, I wear adidas or Puma, German brands.

I guess you´ll get cheap imported cars and other stuff but much more higher taxes. And a very low Bath. Thailand is an export nation. They can´t mess with their biggest customer.

True they are a export nation and that is closely tied to the THB. But with the current overcharged rate of the THB, exports and tourism are suffering as the THB is to expensive and it will just get worse if the currency is not readapted to the global change of international commerce.