Withholding Tax

Are these people ever going to give we Farang a break?

I have been with the KasikornBank since 2001. New Immigration requirements FORCE us to keep more funds, than our personal norm, lock up in the banking system. Now I see where I was hit with 'Withholding Tax' on my piddly bit of interest this month. 1st time ever?

To add:- I do know tax did apply to interest over a certain amount (10K Baht if I remember rightly) and was reclaimable = take your dancing shoes for the hoops!

6 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Are these people ever going to give we Farang a break?

I have been with the KasikornBank since 2001. New Immigration requirements FORCE us to keep more funds, than our personal norm, lock up in the banking system. Now I see where I was hit with 'Withholding Tax' on my piddly bit of interest this month. 1st time ever?

My heart bleeds for you. Withholding tax is common throughout the world - as a non-resident who does not file a US tax return I lose 25% of my Social Security payment each month to withholding tax. Can I whine on some US forum about this and claim the Americans are never going to give us non-resident non-taxpayers a break?

• Confused 1