Tougher immigration rules sees large number of Nordic expats leave Thailand

webfact

I am a bit confused comparing full year date to 6 months of 2019, unless they are comparing like periods....which still makes little sense. 

Statistically insignificant.

Hard to correlate visa rules exclusively as the reason people are leaving Thailand. 

Weak journalism. Fail. Please try harder.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

soon I will be the only person at immigration.

and I will be very nicely dressed.

No you won't, I be there as well, also appropriately dressed and polite with the necessary documentation ????

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

But the 'good news' is the Indians are coming by the plane load! and Koreans have found that pretending to be an ex-Kpop star, they can have a girl friend and 'Throw' her out when they get bored with them! Nordic's must be moving on to where the beer is cheaper!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Snuller21 said:

I expect it is mostly because Thailand Visa are money-regulated as the only in SE Asia. Nobody have an income for a retirement visa anymore. Cambodia you pay just 125 USD, and you have 5 years. Laos you pay 150 USD for the same, and Philipines about the same, and Thailand you need to have 65000 Baht per month. That make a huge difference for a lot of people who only have their home countrys OAP. One huge mistake from Thailand.

Can you please provide an official note on how you can get a 5 year visa for 150 USD in Laos ?

To my knowledge it is impossible !!! You can get a 1 year business visa, including work-permit and an Alien Lao ID card. Officially ~380 USD per year.

Through an Agent ~650 - 800++, for the same.

Laos has studied (for many years) to make a Retirement Visa for foreigners married to a Lao National, but with little progress - it will most likely take several years more, to finalize...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

There are plenty of Indians and Africans filling the void.

Nothing to see here!!

The 5 star hotels seem to be full of Indians and Chinese. Spot the white man syndrome! I would not lump Indians with Africans. Unless it’s the Mugabe type ( extremely rare!) 

• Haha 1

I'm in NO WAY blaming the government for it, but in my opinion, many other nationalities will think twice to run any kind of business here.

The Land of Smiles has unfortunately become the Land of Declines. 

• Like 2

soon I will be the only person at immigration.

and I will be very nicely dressed.

No you won't, I be there as well, also appropriately dressed and polite with the necessary documentation ????

Well, I won't be there!  Just got back from a recon trip to Laos, moving back to live in Luang Prabang in the next month or so, (I lived/worked in LP in 2012/13).