Caught by social media: German expat who helped Thai wife sell BBQ chicken to be deported - he's wanted by Interpol

webfact

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I could be wrong, but didn't he help out the sick mother of his wife?

Yes he did and look what has happened to him.

My wife runs a small food stall with 2 friends and I wouldn't even offer to help them, as I know I would be told off even for trying. 

Edited by billd766
Edited for bad spelling after I had posted it
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

live in a super fun, virtually lawless country that caters to men where the cost of living is exponentially less?

Now I remember why I came here. Things have changed a lot since then, except perhaps, for the virtually lawless bit.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

He is a wanted man so fair enough. 

But the cops looking into him because he flipped a sausage on a stall, shows the utter contempt they have for foreigners, who they only want spending money. 

You mean the utter contempt foreigners have for the Thai law.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, londonthai said:

so his wife knew he was on interpol list.

how immigration and consulates gave him visas and extension for 2 years? who he bribed? 

Maybe the same persons as the people who got retirement extensions without having the money.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

How many Thais work as tour guide in other countries without workpermit????

In UK , they would  be  probably get  full  benefits .

Every little bit helps. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Therefore it’s the EU to blame for allowing wanted criminals to freely move around its borders. Certain posters here are blaming Thailand for allowing him to enter.  However, if they would take the time to read the complete article they would gather the full story. He entered Thailand before the Interpol arrest warrant was issued. He then left and re-entered illegally. Good work on the Thai police side in getting another bad guy out. 

Bad guy sure no money , flipping chicken legs .

Maybe , if he had big money , he would be a good guy, walking free ..

Edited by elliss

8 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Both men and women. BINGO! And then foreigners wonder why so many Thais dislike them

Not so at all.

Perhaps in the tourist areas but not so much in rural Thailand.

On 7/2/2019 at 4:09 PM, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

He is a wanted man so fair enough. 

But the cops looking into him because he flipped a sausage on a stall, shows the utter contempt they have for foreigners, who they only want spending money. 

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps English is not the first language of the poster?Many words in English sound similar but spelled differently , , and can have different meanings.

Read/Read/Red

Spelt/Spelled

Drawer/Draw

He's English. 

This story was all over the national news on television tonight, they spent what seemed like 10 minutes or so going into great detail about the bad foreigner.

Edited by ukrules
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2019 at 3:53 AM, NightSky said:

You couldn't make it up.

I seen a movie where the guy keeps saying " That's inconceivable" . Sometimes I think "couldn't make it up" will be in the REBOOT. ????

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Both men and women. BINGO! And then foreigners wonder why so many Thais dislike them

Said the man using a photo of a middle aged woman showing her nipples on a public Thai forum... (I believe its illegal here, Not to say distasteful..)

Whats for sure is That people like you definitely encourage and spread your farang hating mantra wherever you go.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sambum said:

No, but if he is on the Interpol list, surely the Austrian police are obligated to deport him to the country where he is wanted for those "traffic" (murder?) charges 

No, they're not obligated to do that, whether they do so or not is their decision. 

He is not charged with "traffic" [sic] offences, he is charged with traffic offences, without the inverted commas.  Neither is he charged with murder, obviously.

If they [the BIB] investigated other (Thai) criminals (Red Bull Cop Killer comes to mind) with as much zeal as they did this guy, I'd say fair enough, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. But a bloke selling BBQ chicken on the side of the road is hardly a reason to start an investigation. Maybe that time could have been more productively spent tracking down Red Bull's whereabouts. Just sayin'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, djayz said:

If they [the BIB] investigated other (Thai) criminals (Red Bull Cop Killer comes to mind) with as much zeal as they did this guy, I'd say fair enough, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. But a bloke selling BBQ chicken on the side of the road is hardly a reason to start an investigation. Maybe that time could have been more productively spent tracking down Red Bull's whereabouts. Just sayin'

Yes, as have 40 000 other posters on Thaivisa also said that 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

Why are so many people so obsessed with the Red Bull guy? He's not exactly Osama Bin Laden yet day after day in almost every newsletter someone brings him up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

Why are so many people so obsessed with the Red Bull guy? He's not exactly Osama Bin Laden yet day after day in almost every newsletter someone brings him up.

Maybe it's due to the fact that the cops are doing/have done sweet f€ck all to apprehend him (and many others) while others are locked away for years for petty crimes like picking a few mushrooms which gets under so many people's skin The hypocrisy of it all is infuriating. 

Maybe I should just do like the cops and forget all about it. Pretend it never happened. Mai bpen rai and all that. 

Edited by djayz
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 3:53 PM, NightSky said:

Surely this was some kind of setup to portray foreigners in a bad way? If not its surely a coincidence the same guy in the news is later found to be on the run..

You couldn't make it up.

are you some sort of ting tong, my advise to you is leave thailand , we do not need any more idiots here !

On 7/3/2019 at 2:04 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

Isn't it amazing that criminals love to "hide out" in the middle of nowhere?

WHERE THEY STAND OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB.

????????????????????????????????????????????

I use a cloaking device when I don't want to be noticed.

image.jpeg.d0fb36c62829d387e0200fa3430be96a.jpeg

On 7/3/2019 at 3:07 PM, aqua4 said:

I cant find his name on Interpol -- anyone else?

Not all the names are published , and I do not think he is on a red alert.

The police can access a bigger database from Interpol. 

"Immigration police discovered that Fernsebner was wanted on an arrest warrant issued by Interpol issued in 2017."

Edited by balo