Celebrity beautician files libel cases against two police officers

snoop1130

Celebrity beautician files libel cases against two police officers 

By The Nation

800_14b379e08ec62a4.jpg

File photo : Xeping Chaiyasan (C)

Beauty expert Xeping Chaiyasan’s lawyer on Wednesday filed two defamation suits against two senior police officers and a Channel 3 host and sought a compensation of Bt50 million from each of them for allegedly wrongfully criticising her business.

Lawyer Chamong Chaimongkon went to the Criminal Court with her client, Xeping, 46, to file the lawsuits against former Immigration Police Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachet Hakparn and deputy chief of Lumpini Police Station, Pol Lt-Colonel Noppadon Pingpongpun.

The lawsuit claimed they had made libellous accusations against Xeping during a press conference on April 4 while explaining why they had sought an arrest warrant for Xeping, said the lawyer. Xeping was accused of making exaggerated claims in her beauty business. The lawyer said their remarks at the press conference had tarnished Xeping’s reputation. 

Xeping was arrested on April 3 on charges of fraud in the running of her beauty clinic. 

She has also sought legal action against Kanchai Kamnerdploi, a Channel 3 host, who moderated a group discussion on the controversy in April.

She has also sought a compensation of Bt50 million from Kanchai.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372222

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-03

When I read about BJ's few day trip to the US, I suspected he meet with his publisher to discuss details of his "tell all story". I still believe when it gets tight for him he will publish it. He's not the guy to let go when: :hit-the-fan:

He probably did not decide yet if it will come as a reading or comic book.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Briggsy said:

What's with the 'X' in 'Xeping'. That is not a Thai name.

Why does it have to be?  I know quite a few Thais that have 'non-Thai' names.  One called George for example.  And yes that's what's on his ID card.

I'm English with a French name.  .............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coxo said:

https://www.pressreader.com/   She claims to be a Doctor but isn't, oh those in this country with money are turning the place into a laughing stock, incredible, unbelievable, what an evil person...

It is not illegal (in the west) to call yourself Doctor. 

that's a simple fact. you can not practice medicine and there are other titles you can not give yourself - you can not put Phd after your name [for memory] etc etc but you can call yourself Dr. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Xeping was arrested on April 3 on charges of fraud in the running of her beauty clinic.

So either the charges were incorrectly made in which case she has a case... with Channel 3 maybe they were a bit quick off the mark with it a case pending going to court!

But have the charges been proven or thrown out?

This woman has two legs to stand on but none in court as big joke was spot on with his comments and she can not prove her case.

this is not the issue that has inflicted pain on the big joke just a side issue.