registering my marriage in Thailand

Hi

myself and my wife who is Thai got married in the UK, but we would like to register our marriage in Thailand, I have sent our UK marriage cert to the Foreign & commonwealth office in the UK to have a apostille attached which we have now done, do we now have to send to Thai embassy for legalisation. Thank you in advance for any advice

11 hours ago, boonthai said:

Thank you for your advice apart from the UK marriage cert with the Apostille attached and the £10 for them to do and application form what else do i have to send.

That should be all you will need plus a prepaid return envelope to have it sent back to your that is not mentioned. I suggest sending a copy of your wife's passport signed by her with it as well.

If you have not found it yet the application form is here.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/downloadTH/legalisation.pdf

Once you have your UK marriage certificate legalised by the FCO and the Thai Embassy London, on entry to Thailand the certificate will need to be translated into Thai, then the certificate and translation legalised at the MFA consular section.

You can then register the foreign marriage at your local Amphoe.

Check with the Amphoe what documents they require as some also request a 'certified' copy of your UK Passport by the British Embassy.

boonthai

The advice given by Tanoshi in the previous post is absolutely correct.

In my case I got the Australian marriage certificate translated to Thai and then got that signed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFO). They posted it back to us after we paid the fee for postage.

My wife then took this to the local Amphur office and registered our marriage. She then got a for, can't remember the number, filled out and signed by the boss at the Amphur. This form was then what we used when I applied for my Visa (married to a Thai).

Hi

Anyone know how far is the MFO from moo chit bus station has i will be travelling from Pattaya, also anyone know how much is the translation service inside the MFO building. thank in advance

6 hours ago, boonthai said:

Hi

Anyone know how far is the MFO from moo chit bus station has i will be travelling from Pattaya, also anyone know how much is the translation service inside the MFO building. thank in advance

You will be going to the Consular Affairs Department of the MFA on Chaeng Wattana Road.

Map here: https://goo.gl/maps/QMJa2GgLxyLscS946 Directions shows it is to be about 11 to 14 km from the Mo Chit bus station to there dependent upon the route used.

Info on getting the translation certified and fees is here (click the flow chart to enlarge). http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/organize/19719-ที่ตั้งแผนที่-โทรศัพท์-อีเมล์.html

Not sure what the translation services there charge for a translation there but I would guess about 500 baht per page.

You could have the translation done in Pattaya and there may be some that can have the certification done for a additional fee.